A note about Tessa....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All!! I am the new site administrator for Patient UK and thought I would pop in and say a few words. I have read through many of your posts regarding Tessa and she is clearly greatly missed on this forum. I have of course seen the posting that Tessa has passed away, but must stress that this is [b:6df0419036]not[/b:6df0419036] confirmed. I would however like to state that her wellbeing at this time is not known. We have sent an email to Tessa’s email address in the hope that we will receive further news, and will post any confirmed information back to you all. I am sorry that there is no more we can do. Take care smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I agree with you emma. There is a tessa who has recently posted on the BLF site who I had thought previously was one and the same person.

See thread at BLF 'Calling all ILD sufferers'

• Posted

Sorry folks but no, BLF Tessa is not 'our' beloved Tessa, though I'm sure we would all have loved to think so.

Our Tessa had serious Bronchiectasis with haemoptysis, was almost bed bound and was in hospital in April seriously ill. Prior to retiring due to her health she was a stress consultant.

BLF Tessa had ILD (Interstitial lung disease) believed to be due to Lupus, and has recently recovered from breast cancer. In April, she had just flown back from Egypt and was working out at the Gym and running. You will see from recent posts that she is now running 3 to 4 miles and working up to 8 miles ready for the Great South Run in a few weeks time. She is a Registered General nurse, Peadiatric nurse and is currently working in healthcare regulation.

Folks, I'm sorry but I really don't think for one moment that these two are one and the same. I am a member of the BLF so was fully aware of the existence of both Tessa's from before our Tess got so sick and not once have I thought them to be one and the same. Besides, our Tess would never have left a superior site such as this to go to an inferior site.:roll:

We may never know for certain what precisely happened to Tessa, but we do know where she is - she is in our hearts. XXX

• Posted

a lot of deception goes on over the internet that is for sure.

Take care all.

• Posted

Hi all,

We do not know for sure where Tessa is but we know she would not ignore us. She would not ignore the site, not answer private messages or ignore emails. I KNOW that our Tessa would not still be around and able to post without contacting us. This is a woman who had her family take a laptop into the hospital to reassure us of what was happening. This is a woman who NEVER ignored a cry for help/advice or someone just wanting to chat. If our Tessa was around she would be in touch with us and we all know that for certain. We all miss her and, as Vanessa says, she will remain in our hearts for a long, long time.

Jacee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.