A&P

Posted , 6 users are following.

just when I thought I was so much better, i have a stinging fealing not all the time just when I sit for long periods, and some pain on the left and right hip, I was examined Tuesday and I don't know wether I have done to much or not but feel like I have a tampon half in and out.

i thought. I was over this so bloody fed up X 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Arh Gillian it's typical isn't it. I've had times when I've thought I'm finally getting better and then- bam!! I'm sore again. I just put it down to body telling me I've maybe walked too far or too fast etc.

I know what you mean about the feeling of a tanpon being there. From very early on I've had what looks like 2 large blisters on either side of my vulva(right near where perineum stitches were) when I've looked using a mirror it looks like it's from the skin rubbing when I walk. Hence the feeling there's a tanpon there.

Have you had a look to see if you have any swollen bits? I mentioned this at Gp's early on and she said it was due to stitches being a bit tight. But I'm not sure. Consultant said all was fine but it's still there. And it's still sore to wipe when I go for a wee. Have to pat. Thought by 10 wks this would have cleared.

• Posted

Hi love what operation did you have, I was delighted Tuesday when she told me surgery was a success, but God I have cried today and I am a tough lady never cry, it feels like it's rubbing dry and like a tampon stuck I am 9 weeks now, I never thought about walking two quick I walked round the blook at 10am then 12 noon been sitting on top of my vag for long periods to.

thank you for sharing, I hope you are feeling better x

thanks for responding x

• Posted

I had a total hysterectomy, A&P repair and a tvt. So a lot going on to heal. I too was told last week that it had been successful. My physio said I should start not only increasing my walks but also increasing the speed I walk( I'm usually not much faster that snail haha) so yesterday I walked a bit faster and I've been sore and achy today. I suppose its like doing any exercise you feel it afterwards if it's been a while. But I never know if the aches are good or bad. Like I keep telling myself- take it easy and listen to body.

• Posted

My word an hystorectomy and the tvt as well as the A&P I thought I was bad with just the A&P.

you have a loy of healing I had the hystorectomy last July vaginaly 

• Posted

Fi -- I noticed what you said about things still being tender and it being sore when you wipe so you have to pat.  I ended up using a peri-bottle.  My reasons were different but it's really nice and I think you might find it helpful.  Very soothing and it also is nice to feel cleaner with all the discharge.   I  think the full name is  a perinatal cleansing bottle.  I bought mine online at amazon as hubby couldn't find it in local drug stores.  It just lets you squirt water to clean when you go to the restroom.

• Posted

Hi I'm not sure we can get these in uk. Are you in US? I have a bidet and tend to use that which helps. Fortunately my discharge has almost gone which is a massive improvement. ??

• Posted

I didn't realize they weren't available in the UK.  Drat!  It's basically a portable bidet, I guess.  Just a squirt bottle that squirts in 4 gentle streams.  If you already have a bidet then I don't think you really need one.  Sounds like you have it covered!

• Posted

Hi Gillian I understand you very well, but this ups and downs are normal in these surgeries, you feel better for some days and just when you begin to be super happy because you think the bad moments have gone away, then without a reason, you begin to have stings, pain or tampon feeling. It's very normal, just today I've been to the physio and he said that these feelings are normal, the tampon feeling are very common to all woman after these ops. He told me: do not worry, do not think about it. He had to show me in a ecography screen that my bladder was nicely up cos I went to the check this morning thinking that my bladder had fallen down already.

So go to your checks and try not to worry too much, just let it heal at its pace...

Hugs!!!

• Posted

Hi thank you for responding the stinging is awful the surgeon told me that was the nerve endings healing, do you get that?
    • Posted

I also thought my bladder had dropped again as I could see what I presumed was my bladder when I looked in a mirror. When I was at hospital for post op appt they told me that everything is normal and how it should look I can't remember seeing it look like that. But then again it's been so long with a prolapse I forgot what a normal vagina looks like. So I have to listen to them and accept that they know better than me.

• Posted

I was told that the stinging was because of the stitches I still have inside and because of the healing process
    • Posted

I understand you completely, this morning I asked the physio to look at my vagina cos I had something there (I thought it was the bladder) and he confirmed it was not the bladder, it was vaginal tissue that is protruding a little bit because of the stitches inside. Oh my god I've felt very relieved when he showed me in the screen my bladder in its place! ????

• Posted

I don't know what it is but it's not nice when it comes, I have some bumpy scar tissue on the left about two inches up and I was trying to put it down to that but it isn't as I get it in different places X the stinging x

• Posted

I wish that I had asked for a mirror so I could point out what I could see and find out what it actually was. What do you mean they showed you in the screen where tour bladder was? How? 😊
    • Posted

Hi Fi I also feel as if I have a bulge when looking in the mirror. I had my op on 10th may a&up repair with sacrospinous hysteropexy suspension I have tried to look for photos on the Internet of before and afters but there doesn't seem to be any. Before the op I was a grade 1-2 where the lump was just starting to come out of my vagina now when I look in the mirror I can see a definate space between front and back but looks like there's a big bulge about 2-3 inches up although it's no longer just at the entrance and I'm doing miles better toilet and continence wise so that's definately improved. Haven't tried sex yet even though I've passed my 6 week mark as I'm on holiday and scared something goes wrong

• Posted

I don't have a gap between my walls. I see what looks like a bulge but no idea what. Next time I'm at Gp's I might ask if it's a woman. I wish matron was here. X

• Posted

Yeah I wish she was as well. I don't have a big gap but can see a divide x

• Posted

My physio has an ecography machine, he puts a device with gel on the vagina (not in the vagina) and all my inner organs can be seen in a display. It's similar to the ecography that gyns do. He showed me: "look, this is your bladder, can you see it is uplifted? It's ok don't have to worry" he could also see on the screen the stool in my rectocele.

• Posted

I think we could create a section of "before and afters" we could upload the pictures of our vaginas hahaha ??. But who would dare to upload? ??

• Posted

Actually I would believe it or not as spent weeks looking for others!
    • Posted

Oh wow that's sounds good. Not sure if my physio has one and not due to see her again unless I have any problems.

• Posted

Haha oh my that's a brave step. Good job we are anonymous. But it certainly would be informative! ??

• Posted

I would feel weird exposing mine to google images hahaha 😂
    • Posted

I know but it would definately help and believe me mine is not a pretty sight lol. Wish there was a wee anonymous ladies only section c

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.