A PE with no symptoms!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Got taken into hospital last Tues as I was very lethargic and couldn't get warm. I have had a knee operation 7 weeks ago which has gone wrong which is causing alot of pain and I'm on alot of meds.

The medics sent off lots of bloods and a CT scan revealed a blood clot in my left lung! They said I have been extremely lucky as finding this without having any symptoms is like a miracle!

I'm so tired all the time, and can sleep most of the day away! Is this normal?? When will I feel ok? Will I get more clots? I'm scared stiff!!

Many thanks Julie.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie. Yes this is normal. My PE was diagnosed in August last year and I am only just starting to notice an improvement. Sorry to be unable to give you better answer but not every one is the same. Just listen to your body if it tells you to stop. STOP. This forum is great so any worries just post. We help each other. xx
    • Posted

Thank you Lizzie70061, I'm just so scared! You read such horror stories!

Good luck with your recovery xx

• Posted

Julie,

Try not to be too scared (although anxiety is a symptom). I had two lungs full of clots a year and a half ago and today I spent all day working on car, walking dogs and generally doing stuff......so it does get better. 

Sounds like they caught it early for you, so my money is on a speedy recovery for you.

All the best

Peter

• Posted

My goodness Peter!! How on earth did you end up with that many??

I'm feeling so much better already after reading this! Thank you so much, you are an inspiration.

Take care

Julie x

• Posted

Hello

I find I'm tired all the time it most likely be from the medication. Recovery is different for everyone there are good weeks bad weeks and so on. New symptoms may occur into recovery if so go talk to your doctor about them. Take notes on your recovery go for walks and slowly increase the time.

• Posted

Thanks James, I feel the more I read the more confident I'm feeling. I have been doing quite a bit more over the last few days and your body does tell you if you have overdone it.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

Take care

Julie x

• Posted

Hi Julie, you are indeed fortunate.  That it was found in a speedy fashion.  PE s are deadly.  Are you on anticoagulants now?  Mine were undiagnosed for 5 months, I felt very unwell.  It will improve tho.
    • Posted

Hi, Canadagal I'm now starting to see how fortunate I am! And indeed yourself! Wow, 5 months seems a long rime to be unwell for, I hope you are on the mend now??

I have to have an injection of fragmin every night as the tablets they wanted to put me on wouldn't work with my arthritis tablets that I take!

Thanks for for taking time out to reply.

Julie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.