A place to start when researching vertigo

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I just came across a newspaper article on possible causes of vertigo. I think it might be a good place to start if you are newly symptomatic and trying to arm yourself with information.

I'll try to post a link to the article as the first post in this thread and I'm hoping the moderators will not delete it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is the link to the guardian article.

Mods please note that it's a very respected British newspaper and not selling any products or services.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/29/vertigo-migraines-dizziness-ear-infection-health-guide

• Posted

The article was very interesting especially since my extensive research to find a neuro-otologist finally lead me to the clinic in Charing Cross hospital. I feel more confident about making an appointment now. I wonder though just how rare Meniere’s really is. I have quite a small circle of friends and acquaintances and know 4 people with Meniere’s. Thanks for the article. 
    • Posted

Hi Christine

I'm glad you found the article interesting.

I know what you are saying about how rare it is. Articles about MD always call it a rare disease but I've read that it affects about as many people as does Multiiple Sclerocis, and while MS is not commons as such I would not call it rare.

Most people have heard of MS but only those affected by it , either having it or knowing someone with it, seem to have heard of Meniere's, which, I think, shows that it has been neglected in terms of research and publicity.

Good luck at Charing Cross, I hope they can help you there

Misti

• Posted

OK, well maybe they will print it later. In between times feel free to private message me for the link or just google

everything you ever wanted to know about vertigo (but were too dizzy to ask)

and it should take you to the article.

Good luck and good health to all forum members

M

• Posted

I didn’t realise that links were moderated. That explains why my reply didn’t get posted when I included a link to a book. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.