Skip to content
Ad

Meniere's Disease

All discussions in this group

Next
  • John from Ohio

I have had menieres for 9 years. Steroids,surgeries, diets, clinical trials...I've tried it all. Lierally everythong.  I have lost 90 percent of my hearing in my right ear.  I am convinced my menieres is caused by a virus. Has anyone had success with the John from Ohio regimen? If so would...

Last reply
  • What were the results of your hearing tests?

One year ago in late September I experienced muffled hearing, ear pressure, and attacks of vertigo. The vertigo happened several times a day at first, then once a day, then it stopped after three or four weeks. By the time I got in to an ENT, my symptoms were gone and my hearing was fine, but he diagnosed...

Last reply
  • Shingles Vaccine a trigger for symptoms of Meniere's?

For years I rarely had a full blown Meniere's vertigo with uncontrollable vertigo, nausia, etc. About a month or two after I decided to take the shot for Shingles I woke up one morning with one that was so bad my husband had to take me to the ER. Since that time (for over 3 years now) I have...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed

I was diagnosed with Meniere's disease just over two months ago. I am on Serc 24 mg three times a day. I had an MRI to rule out anything going on in my head and I've had five injections in my ear . My symptoms settled for a short period of time but now I'm having a reoccurrence. I cannot...

Last reply
  • Symptoms of a drop attack

This is my first post on this forum, or this issue actually. I have had MD for 10 years but this Summer I started to get daily attacks and these are not yet fully under control. I have what I think are referred to as drop attacks but I wanted to check whether the symptoms I experience are familiar to...

Last reply
  • Endolymphatic sac decompression

hi, just see consultant again, after grommets, steroid injections and Gentamicin injections. I have to have a endoly photic sac decompression operation. I am terrified, nothing has been explained. I really don't know what to expect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. many thanks

Last reply
  • Endolymphatic sac decompression/shunt placement

Hello to all, I was diagnosed with menieres about 6 yrs ago.  Started off with just fullness in the left ear with some distorted hearing.  As time went by episodes became more prominent with the tinnitus starting.  I had 2 episodes within a short time frame and went to ENT.  Hearing...

Last reply
  • Do concerts trigger attacks for anyone?

I've had two vertigo attacks after attending concerts. I'm trying to figure out if they were related to the loud noise or maybe instead to something I ate. Any advice appreciated! My seven year old really wants me to take her to her first show but I'm hesitant to do it. 

Last reply
  • That horrible floating feeling

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I have been suffering with Meniere's symptoms for about 10 years now. It started off almost unnoticeable. The feeling of blocked ears, constantly being told by doctors that it was probably the result of some cold or flu. The tinnitus I thought was due to seeing...

Last reply
  • Streptomycin injections in ear .

i am new to this site and see that I’m not alone. I’ve have Meniere’s disease For one and a half years. I’m on daily steroids and a diuretic. I’ve had two series of steroids in my right ear and one cycle of steroids in the left. One month ago had three days of streptomycin injections In my right ear....

Last reply
  • New Here and Seeking Advise

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a 23 year old who has been dealing with this for about a year now. I've usually been dealing with it pretty ok after the innitial phase of trying to figure out what the heck it was. But this week I had a really bad attack where my meds didn't help me at all. I'm...

Last reply
  • Sinus Medication helps me to function with Meniere's.

I have had meinier's disease for 20 years. I used to get episodes maybe once a year up to last year up to 3 times a year. In the last two months it has been constant. I stopped drinking caffeine especially coffee because I found it made my sinusitis unbearable. I also stopped milk. Had total releif...

Last reply
  • Hearing aids

Hi. I’ve recently been diagnosed with MD left side. I had already lost 50% of hearing both sides and have used aids for 10 years. NHS for 7 years but then I had to buy privately as I was struggling with the cumbersome ones on NHS. My Specsavers aids have been very satisfactory until now. Music sounds...

Last reply
  • Just got diagnosed for Meniere's Disease

Hello. I was just doing some research and found this support group and thought I should join. I recently got diagnosed for Meniere's Disease. The past year I have been experiencing very full ears and ringing and some very mild vertigo. At first I ignored it as I thought it was allergies. But...

Last reply
  • Lyme disease Meniere's

I've just been diagnosed with Lyme disease.  I wonder if there is a connection with Meniere's Disease.  This has caused partial face paralysis.  Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Cochlea Hydrops

Hi, I am new to the forum.  I have been diagnosed with Cochlea Hydrops, which my consultant tells me is a form of Meniere's disease, just without the vertigo.  My main symptom is ear fullness (which can be painful at times) and distorted hearing  I am just wondering if anyone else...

Last reply
  • Diuretic and grommets

Hi been to see my consultant today after having on going attack for nearly two months my dose of betahistine was upped couple of weeks ago to 32mg x 3 so hoping that dose starts to kick in soon I've also been put on diuretics for two months to see how they work that failing I will be having a grommet...

Last reply
  • Menieres & PIP

I was wondering whether anyone has been successful in receiving PIP for Menieres? There seems to be conflicting information as to whether this condition is seen as a disability (Really). . .

Last reply
  • Does it get worse as we age?

Ive been diagonsed with Menieres for over a decade. With very few vertigo episodes . It was years before I would have a horrible vertigo spell that would knock me out. Just recently I had a bad spell in July was put on steroids. I flew overseas a month later. I was fine abroad and came back normal. Now...

Last reply
  • Fatigue

Greetings all, I've had this condition for 10 years now. The fullness and vertigo seems to be tapering off. However, do any of you experience fatigue without any other apparent symptoms?   Thanks in advance. 

Last reply
  • Meaniers

So all test from ENG said it is MD. I already knew that as I was diagonsed in my 30s. 63 now. I moved and went to new doctor he did not believe that I had it until tests. Hearing was bad in both ears . Anyway this is my problem I have really bad anxiety with the disease. I don't have vertigo...

Last reply
  • PMA ! Positive Mental Attitude!

I've read many posts on here but one stood out! He's been through all the protocol so to speak with the medication . He has now managed it himself and leading a normal life. One of the main things is not to smoke, a good diet, cut down on meat more vegetables and a brisk walk to quote just a...

Last reply
  • Advice needed!

After years of fullnes in the ear, hours of rotational vertigo, i finally saw a ent consultant who thinks i have 'end stage' menieres.she referred me to the audiologist for balance testing this week, which i have to say were not what i had expected. Here are the results Rombergs positive, No...

Last reply
  • First post.

18 months on and just had a diagnosis. So MD it is. Had tinnitus and hearing loss then six episodes lasting up to two day over a period of six months, the last one five months ago. I have permanent imbalance which varies from barely noticeable to looking like  I do after 10 pints.I drive for a living...

Last reply
  • How long till I go deaf?

My whole life I've always had fulness in my ears, my ears are super sensitive to loud noises and it has gotten worse. I hear a loud noise and my ear will hurt for days. My whole life if I swallow without food or drink, my ears pop. My ears ring and are achy for days after a concert. I have some tinnitus...

Last reply
  • Diet changes always causes a change in ears

I've unfortunately had Meniere's disease since age 14 and I have bilateral since age 19.  I had the shunt surgery at age 19 on both ears.  Really didn't struggle too much with anything until during my 2nd pregnancy and went almost deaf.  Learned to deal with it the best I could. ...

Last reply
  • Meniers disease

Is anyone on disability for this disease? I got diagnosed almost a year ago and life is becoming very difficult anybody have any ideas or suggestions

Last reply
  • First post

Hi guys, I've never posted on anything like this but what I'm experiencing is really starting to scare me. Brief description. Here goes. A couple of weeks ago I experienced my first attack of vertigo. It happened when I was lying down and had myhead at a 45 degree angle. It didn't last very...

Last reply
  • Chiropractor

been to see a chiropractor today in more hope that anything just had the initial consultation done along with X-ray of the neck going back Tuesday for the results and to see if he can be of any help, just seeing if any others have tried this and what results if any they have had

Last reply
  • Anxious!

Have an appointment for Meniere's! I have read all about the test and just hoping it isn't.... I say this while the sound runs through my ears....

Last reply
  • Ongoing

My latest attack has now been goin on for 5 weeks, as previously explained daily dizzy spells increased tinnitus and loss of hearing, been on betahistine for 5 weeks also now but don't seem to be helping, got to wait till 18 September to see consultant but spoke to her secretary last wk who said...

Last reply
  • Newbie with advice

Hi all,  Thanks for taking your time to read my message. I have been suffering with vestibular problems in terms of debilitating migraine and dizziness, the latter causing nausea and lasting days. However, a friend of mine who is a medical professional said it couldn't possibly be menieres...

Last reply
  • Worried

Had an MRI 2 weeks ago for my dizziness etc and to be honest didn't expect anything anything back due to kind of being fobbed off by 2 consultants. The last one asked for it and made another appointment for 6 months time. Anyway I've got a letter today to see him next week, to say I'm scared...

Last reply
  • Different kind of Menieres attack

I've lived with Menieres for 20 years with attacks about weekly that lasted several hours.  Then I had 3 years with no attacks.  Now I'm having sudden "bursts" of vertigo that last only a couple minutes.  These have been very frequent, like 5 times a week, but very short...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.