Skip to content
Ad

Meniere's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Epley maneuver

Has the epee worked for anyone here ?   seems my dizzy episodes come back once in awhile when I look down and to the left??? not sure why?  is it crystals or is it mennieres or are they combined?

Last reply
  • Symptom free 9 months

From sept 2016 to April 2017 worse months off my life,diziness once a week and now nothing!!!since then had no symptoms of meneires still taking 32mg bethastine x3,feel like normal again and eating and drinking like I did before,got a ent follow up soon and had a hearing test at work and it’s now back...

Last reply
  • Advice please undiagnosed vertigo/menieres

I've been suffering from severe attacks of vertigo, pretty much projectile vomiting, light headed and weary. Oh don't forget the ringing ears! Culminating on Christmas day, with me bouncing off the corridor walls and falling down the stairs. I spent the rest of Christmas day in bed. I feel so...

Last reply
  • Wierd Virtigo

Hello to Everybody, Has anybody had vertical veritgo or the staggerd type. For years i only had the horizontal type always moving right to left but as the years have moved on i suddenly had the vertical type that started from the top and fell down from 1oclock position to about 6 or 7 oclock the feeling...

Last reply
  • I want to share what freed me from Meniere's Disease

My first Meniere's episode happened over 3 years ago while my wife and I were eating at a restaurant. The attack was so sudden and so severe we thought I was having a stroke. Since that time I have averaged more than one attack per month with all the typical Meniere's symptoms in between. I have...

Last reply
  • The many faces of Vertigo

Hello group, Just wanted to chime in and say that my vertigo used to be complete rotational vertigo in the beginning. Now it's the zig zag wobbly kind where everything is moving up and down, side to side and such, I have also had vision problems for along time now, things are blurry, kinda like looking...

Last reply
  • TMJ and Meniere's?

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you have suffered from any jaw issues prior to/during your struggle with Menieres? During some research, I've discovered that many people have found relief from Meniere's symptoms by getting treatment for TMJ (a jaw disorder). This is especially curious as I...

Last reply
  • FDA petition

I hope everyone takes a minute to sign this. It is an FDA petition to get Otividex approved in the USA. Currently there are NO approved drugs in the US for Menieres. This would be the first!! https://vestibular.org/civicrm/petition/sign?sid=6&reset=1 Sign up and pass it along!! 

Last reply
  • Less Expensive Alternative to Help With Hearing Loss

Hello Group, Just wanted to share a thought with you all, for those folks who don't have hearing aids and battle hearing issues. Some insurances will not help with hearing aids, and they are costly. There is a device called "Listen Up" that is fairly reasonable from many market places....

Last reply
  • pain above eyes when dizzy

does anyone ever push above the eyebrows when having dizzy spells and notice pressure/pain that is not there when dizzy free?  I definitely have that cvorelation and am convinced when the sinus cavities are full or inflamed it. brings on dizziness, or change in pressure outside.  anyone else?

Last reply
  • Your Single Most Troublesome Symptom

Hello Group, Just thought I would Post, I would like for you to tell us your one most single troublesome symptom. I know that most of us have multiple symptoms. Just curious what bother everybody the most. I will start the ball rolling, My most bothersome symptom is chronic dizziness.  Bertman 

Last reply
  • Night time Menieres

Just had the worst night! Went to bed early as Grandaughter staying over night. Woke up with a thumping heart beat, in a bed of perspiration, looked at the clock to see the time and I was spinning so much that I couldn’t read the clock! I needed the bathroom and tried to get off the bed but was spinning...

Last reply
  • Salt and menieres- help

Are there people with menieres who can esstetially go out to dinner and eat pretty much anything without having vertigo? Are there times when you eat salt and the only side affect is anxiety?  Also do you ever feel shaky inside?  Also what is vestibular neronitis vs menieres?

Last reply
  • Thank You For Sharing Your experiences

Hello Group, Thank you all for sharing your most troubling symptoms with this group, I personally consider us a family, a family that has met because of a particular illness.  This illness that has brought us together is so very misunderstood by so many people, I really believe that to truly understand...

Last reply
  • Plz help in Meniers problem

Hello All, My father had vertigo on Aug17 after 3 days of left ear heavy. After consulting ENT doctor, he said that he has lost hearing in left ear. Vertigo got reduced after 2-3 days after having medicine prescribed by doc..We also consulted Neuro and done MRI to cut out all possible reason. MRI is...

Last reply
  • M.D for 20 years, Drop attack’s last two years

Hello all- I have had MD for 20 years and what started out as extremely dizzy moments where I could feel the attack coming, two to three times a  year, and be able to plan and Medicate to sleep it off, has now moved on to severe drop attacks, where I suddenly drop tot he ground, vomit, and can’t...

Last reply
  • acupuncture works for Meniere's Disease

Free acupuncture treatment for the first five Meniere's Disease patients. The reason for this free treatments are to prove that acupuncture is work with only one or two times of treatment. I know how painful when you have an Meniere attack, because my mom used to had it. About 98% of Meniere...

Posted
  • Taking a New Perspective a True confession

As the Meniere's disease migrated its way into my life I was faced with a variety of changes.Health issues began, I could no longer operate the business that I built from the ground up.Now I can no longer work and earn a living because my symptoms are chronic, I began to watch my abilities vanish...

Last reply
  • JMJ JMJ

New Book on Tinnitus

Hi Everyone, I also belong to a forum called "Tinnitus Talk" and today I received an announcement that another member of the forum has published a new book called "Living With Tinnitus: A practical guide to understanding, treating, and coping with tinnitus."  The author's...

Last reply
  • Dizziness

Anyone had the steroid injection in the ear? I have right ear labs and had my 1st injection today. No dizziness t this moment but very nauseated since the procedure....

Last reply
  • Balance test update and questions

Hey all, I thought I'd give an update on my situation. Thanks to all who let me know about your balance tests. The NHS have scheduled my appointment for the 22nd of May It feels like far too long to wait when I can't live life. Finding it hard to keep my head above water. Could you let me...

Last reply
  • 4 Brown Envelopes

High to every body hope your all well, I feel i need to explain a brown envelope in the united kingdom is usually  from the department of work and pensions and for disabled people 9/10 its bad news so it gave me areal shudder to get four..Im trying to get in the support group after appealing ...

Last reply
  • Thank you

It states unless my condition worsens, I have to wait 3 years! Oh well . . .

Last reply
  • Unhappy decision

Hello Well I had my PIP appeal this week, what a grilling . . . Did not enjoy it one bit, I was told a decision would be sent to me. I received my brown envelope today, and opened tentatively, the appeal was REFUSED, they recognise my Menieres, but do not feel it warrants receiving PIP. It's very...

Last reply
  • My appointment with a neurotologist

Hi everyone.  I thought I’d share a positive post as I’m feeling more relaxed and stress free than I have since this started 18 months ago. After attempting to reduce my betahistine dose to 8mg x 3 per day from 16 as my gp told me to do I started to get symptoms again. Screaming tinnitus and distorted...

Last reply
  • They have me SMH

In 1994 I had an episode while walking things just went haywire.  Prior to that I've had serious bouts with Vertigo and mild tinnitus in one ear.  Fast forward 24 years after untold number of complaints to the docs about vertigo (dizziness) and tinnitus (both ears) to constant vertigo,...

Last reply
  • Is Ear Syeringing Safe with M.D.

Hello All, I am new to the forum and looking for advice. I have had M.D. for 17yrs in my left ear my right ear as always been fine but  in the left ear i am vertually death and what i do hear is to distorted to make out..anyway im getting the same symtoms that started M.D. in the left ear i.e. tinitus...

Last reply
  • Travelling via plane

Hi All, Hope you are doing well and have a good day with MD. I'm just looking for a little advice and thought that this may be the best place to ask! I have a summer holiday booked which I will be travelling via plane. I really struggle with flying, not in the sense that I am frightened of flying...

Last reply
  • New here just been diagnosed.

Hi all, l have just been diagnosed with Ménières, my mother has it but her symptoms are different from mine, l just wanted to run a few things passed some of you on here to see what help and advice you could give me. It is my right ear that is effected it constantly feels blocked, my tinnitus...

Last reply
  • Balance testing?

I’m gonna need balance testing at some point, and I’m quite anxious. Has it made anybody ill? What can I expect? What tests are they likely to run? Thanks

Last reply
  • It's a Brand New Day

Hello to everyone, I hope this day finds everyone feeling better, Iv'e been kinda down for the last four days, I have a new personal diagnosis it's called "Dizzigo" (dizziness combined with Vertigo, the vertigo is not rotational its rocking up and down from side to side, and this dizzigo...

Last reply
  • Meniere's Solution - Hope this Helps Others

I've had meneires for almost 5 years. This past year it got so bad I was having episodes of getting so sick I was over the toilet for at least an hour and then I was knocked out for the entire day. I originally thought these were due to stress as I am a senior executive for a global organization...

Last reply
  • Positive . . .

Happy New Year to you all. Yes it is difficult to be positive when faced with this debilitating condition, but I am trying, I really enjoy this forum, knowing I am not alone. Thank you

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.