Skip to content
Ad

Meniere's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Input on Promethazine

My ENT just prescribed Promethazine to help with vertigo.  I've only ever used low dose Diazepam.  For those of you who have taken Promethazine, has it worked to reduce the spinning, nausea etc.?  Side effects?   Thanks for any input you can share.

Last reply
  • Menieres & PIP

I was wondering whether anyone has been successful in receiving PIP for Menieres? There seems to be conflicting information as to whether this condition is seen as a disability (Really). . .

Last reply
  • Hearing Aids

When diagnosed 9 years with menieres ENT consultant advised hearing aid would be of no use to me. Recently had hearing test, hearing loss now in both ears. Having 2 hearing aids fitted in a couple of weeks. Does anyone use hearing aids due to hearing loss caused by meniere's, if so, do they work,...

Last reply
  • Diuretics Problem

I saw my GP on Monday because Ive been having attacks much more frequently. He started me on a diuretic which I was pleased about because Ive heard lots of positive comments about them. I started taking them on Tuesday morning and by the evening I was spinning, dizzy and nauseous and my balance was off....

Last reply
  • Sharon17905

Absolutely, the fact that I feel brilliant, and like you say, the attacks re-appear, I just want to scream . . .

Posted
  • Fretting

I last saw my consultant in 2016, I take Betahistine, and Prochlorperazine, it's so frustrating, just when I feel great, then the attacks come thick & fast, no-one understands unless they have this debilitating condition. I am so thankful to have this forum, where other sufferers understand....

Last reply
  • Hearing test all clear

Starting having dizzy spells September 2016 3 months off work ent told me possible meneires was on 8mg betahistine symptoms got worse up to 16mg went back to work no improvement then ent put me on 32mg x3 in March 2017 never looked back have had 2 ear fullness spells with last attack April 2017,gone...

Last reply
  • Depressed

I am now in the process of losing my job due to high levels of sickness, I am so worried, it's so sad that employers do not understand this debilitating condition, and not compassionate. I just don't know what to do.

Last reply
  • Meniers

I have been diagnosed with meniers and have been given bethahistine dihydrocloride has any one tried it please as im a fraid to take it as the pharmise told me it would cause me to be dizzie if im not having an attack.so i have carried on with cinnazine.

Last reply
  • That horrible floating feeling

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I have been suffering with Meniere's symptoms for about 10 years now. It started off almost unnoticeable. The feeling of blocked ears, constantly being told by doctors that it was probably the result of some cold or flu. The tinnitus I thought was due to seeing...

Last reply
  • Grommets

Hi just seeing if I can get some feedback on the pros and cons of having a grommet fitted as my consultant has suggested I have one fitted, would like to know if it’s worth having done by anyone who’s had one thanks

Last reply
  • Meniere's for 9 years

Hi...diagnosed with menieres 9yrs ago. Last 12/18 months started to have balance problems which as got worse. I can't bend, look up, need help crossing road can't move head side to side due to dizziness and felling. Etc. Seem to have no balance at all. I'm constantly stumbling. Lost alot...

Last reply
  • Gentamicin injections

Hi I had a gentamicin injection a few weeks ago. It made me really ill after it, having a major attack that lasted non stop for 5 days and now I'm still unsteady on my feet. My consultant wants to do another top up injection to ease this unsteadiness. He said it probably would make me ill again...

Last reply
  • Cochlea Hydrops

Hi, I am new to the forum.  I have been diagnosed with Cochlea Hydrops, which my consultant tells me is a form of Meniere's disease, just without the vertigo.  My main symptom is ear fullness (which can be painful at times) and distorted hearing  I am just wondering if anyone else...

Last reply
  • Help needed please ❤️

Three years ago during my 6th month of pregnancy I developed eustacian tube dysfunction. As if that's not miserable enough, my ent now says I have this disease. I wanted to get a little advice because as I read through symptoms it seems like I don't have as many.  One month ago I had what...

Last reply
  • Prednisone Therapy

I am on day 11 of a 12 day prednisone regimen after attack. . I posted on here shortly after I started and started feeling better after like day two at which time the fullness almost totally disappeared and my hearing was much better in the right ear. The dosage is down to morning and evening, but...

Last reply
  • Prednisone and lifestyle changes

i have two questions if I may. Has anyone gotten relief from the vertigo by taking daily low doses of prednisone.  Second question. Has anyone gotten relief from the vertigo by making major lifestyle changes. Diet, stress reduction exercises, sleep schedule, etc. In other words totally try and manager...

Last reply
  • Md

I definitely think md takes over your life it's 1 of them illness you can try and control it by changing your whole lifestyle as in diet no alcohol etc or you take the good with the bad as I have experienced in the 47 years I've had it I had remission for 15 years but it never truly goes away...

Last reply
  • Link between vertigo and Herpes Virus Type 1

I would like to know if anyone who's experiencing vertigo, also suffers from the Herpes Virus? Years ago when I experienced my first bout with vertigo, I did a lot of reading and came across a research written up about a possible link between the Herpes Virus Simplex 1 and vertigo. Since I always...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed Vestibular Migraines but hearing loss and tinnitus now

I was diagnosed with Vestibular Migraines 10 years ago. I've been on daily medication and even went into remission. Yesterday I had the worst episode of vertigo I have had in 5 years. For the past two weeks I've been having auras and really had tinnitus. For the past 2 months I've been wondering...

Last reply
  • Continual Diziness

Can anybody help. Do I have to live with permant dizziness I am on betahistine and cinnarizine or is it likely to ease off. I have it every day and have to use a stick when walking, its making me very depressed, and I cant do all the things that I want to do I seem to of lost all my self confidence....

Last reply
  • Change of seasons

Ive gone most of the summer with little to no issues but as soon as it began to get cold i had a brief dizzy spell while in shower could have been looking up?  Now last few days on and off dizzy and a drop attack out of nowhere.  Head is conjested so i definitely can see a link between sinus...

Last reply
  • Eyes

Does anyone have any eye pain with this? I'm not sure of this is related Thanks Shannon

Last reply
  • Pressure Pulse Therapy

Does anyone use Pressure Pulse Therapy for treatment of Meniere's Disease symptoms? Can you discuss your experience with it? thanks.

Posted
  • Barry

I’ve had MD for about 10 years now I am new on here,after reading lots of comments on here it’s a great relief that I’m not on my own. People on the outside don’t seem to understand what us sufferers go through.ive lost about 80% of my hearing  in my right ear and suffer vertigo like most of you...

Last reply
  • Menieres drop attacks

Hello, i am new to this group. About 20 years ago i was diagnosed with Menieres. My Dad and Grandma had it also. I would get dizzy and vomit till it passed. I only have 20 percent of my hearing left in my right ear (thank God it is only in one ear). I always seem to get attacks when the weather pressure...

Last reply
  • John from Ohio

I have had menieres for 9 years. Steroids,surgeries, diets, clinical trials...I've tried it all. Lierally everythong.  I have lost 90 percent of my hearing in my right ear.  I am convinced my menieres is caused by a virus. Has anyone had success with the John from Ohio regimen? If so would...

Last reply
  • What do you do to track symptoms/causes? Do you use a diary?

Hi all, What do you all use to track symptoms/causes? Do you use diaries or notepads?  Do any of you use an app? If so which one(s)? Would any of you like an app if it was easy to record symptoms and things you did/ate before the symptoms to see if there are any correlations?  I may develop...

Last reply
  • Meneier's/Vertigo

Hi has anyone had operation to kill ear or intra-tympanic steroid therapy, as this is my next step ​Steve

Last reply
  • A place to start when researching vertigo

Hi everyone. I just came across a newspaper article on possible causes of vertigo. I think it might be a good place to start if you are newly symptomatic and trying to arm yourself with information. I'll try to post a link to the article as the first post in this thread and I'm hoping the moderators...

Last reply
  • temperature

Hello all. How does the temperature effect your symptoms? For me, the hotter it is, the better my ears feel. Cold air blowing in my ear makes symptoms worse. So A/C and walking down the street with cold wind make it worse. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.