Skip to content

Meniere's Disease

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Menieres disease/betahistine

For the past 8 months i have been suffering with vertigo & nausea, along with not being able to read or use or computer without going dizzy. I also feel extreamly tired all the time, loose my balance, intermittant hearing loss, tinitus, fullness in my ear and have what i call brain fog! Its been...

Last reply
  • Menieres time frame

Have any members had complete respite from all symptoms of this dreadful disease and if so how long has it been since last attack.

Last reply
  • Is it MD or ETD or something else???

Hello all, I am basically trying figure out if I have MD or not. I have seen two ENTs and I have done every test that I am aware of and all came back ok. I have been told it is BPPV. so here are my symptoms and when it started -summer of 2007 got the first vertigo, didn't how long it lasts but afterwards...

Last reply
  • fullness in ears

when you get the fullness feeling and the ringing in your ears is there any exercise or something that you that lessens the effects? I'm pretty sure I'm getting into stage 2 of Menieres. I haven't had a vertigo attack since last year after three steroid injections. But my ear has been full...

Last reply
  • Seasonal Trigger for MD?

I've had MD for over 15 years and have noticed that I get attacks between February and May.  I've asked my ENT about allergies triggering attacks, but I never get a straight answer.  Anyone else notice a pattern based on seasons?

Last reply
  • Cochlea meniere's disease

I have been diagnosed with cochlea Meniere's disease, that is all the symptoms just without the vertigo.  My symptoms are bad aural fullness and tinnitus.  Does anyone else have this version of Meniere's disease and if so what treatments are you having?  Many thanks.

Last reply
  • Labrinthectomy.

I have had vertigo since 2001 and numerous interventions, some working for a while.  I initially starting. with anti-nausea medications.  Saw my neurologist who suggested lamotregine (for migrtaine headaches, thought did not have them) and valium.  Both medications seem to have worked,...

Last reply
  • Ménière’s disease

Someone told me to take Niacin for my ear, does that help. I keep getting dizzy spells . My bad ear will fill up and then comes on all the bad symptoms . Prednisone only seems to work

Last reply
  • Grommets

Hi Been suffering with md for bout 7-8 yrs finally had a grommet fitted on Monday this week, just looking for others that have had this done to get any feedback on how it’s worked for them, had mine in for nearly 3 days now and have not noticed any difference whatsoever so does anyone know how long they...

Last reply
  • Gentamicin injections

Hi I had a gentamicin injection a few weeks ago. It made me really ill after it, having a major attack that lasted non stop for 5 days and now I'm still unsteady on my feet. My consultant wants to do another top up injection to ease this unsteadiness. He said it probably would make me ill again...

Last reply
  • Riding in the Car

Hi..I have noticed that being in a car causes my tinnitus to be worse.  I am not sure why...I usually do not notice it until I get where I am going and then notice it once I have been out of the car for a while.  The ringing in the ears is so loud and bothersome.  However I am not bothered...

Last reply
  • Beach

So I decided to get some vitamin D today with my granddaughter.  I walked into Lake Michigan and the sand was rippled and the waves were coming in .  I had to get out because it made me so disoriented.  Funny how things I used to enjoy can make me sick now. 

Last reply
  • Favorite low sodium recipes

I thought it would be fun to try to start a discussion for us to share our favorite low sodium recipes. I am interested in trying some new meal ideas.

Last reply
  • How to describe the Meniere's feeling ?

Recently I was a passenger in the front seat of a car. We were stopped in traffic with cars and a semi truck on either side also in front of us and cars behind.  Suddenly  the semi truck on the left side seemed to start moving and I had the sensation that I  was moving Backwards....

Last reply
  • Sinus Medication helps me to function with Meniere's.

I have had meinier's disease for 20 years. I used to get episodes maybe once a year up to last year up to 3 times a year. In the last two months it has been constant. I stopped drinking caffeine especially coffee because I found it made my sinusitis unbearable. I also stopped milk. Had total releif...

Last reply
  • Triggers

Hi all Discovered a new trigger a short while ago, was watching a short video clip which had a close up of somebody then all sudden the camera spun round very quick which made me feel a bit light headed like it was me in the clip then within 20 seconds the whole room span n fortunately I was sitting...

Last reply
  • i suffer from miners disease and tinitus

hi can anyone help at all iv had md and tintus for 2years now iv haven't had a an attack for 2 months now but I still feel hevy headed all the time .has anyone had surgery if yes did it work and stop u from having the attacks please let me no thanks I take betahistine tablets for my md my right ear...

Last reply
  • Minieres Disease surgery

I was diagnosed in January and my doctor wants to performs surgery. Has anyone had the Endolymphatic sac decompression, and the Endolymphatic shunt surgeries. How envasive are they and did it cure your vertigo? Did you lose all of  your hearing?

Last reply
  • Caloric Test

I have been diagnosed 2 months ago, after confirming hearing loss through my audio gram report, ENT wants me to have a caloric test. It is quite expensive test. Has anybody got experience of what information this test can give us? Is this test is just to conform MD or any thing else? I don't get...

Last reply
  • Campfire & MD help

I had my MD symptoms fairly under control, no ringing and good range.  Then we had a campfire about a week and a half ago.  Ever since then my ear has been ringing like a loud bell...constantly.  Does anyone have any ideas to cut out the ringing, maybe steaming or something.  I will...

Last reply
  • Distorted sounds

Hi I wonder if anyone can associate and advise of my symtoms. I have pulsating tinnitus in left ear only with hearing loss I am finding the next symptom hard to describe really and I hope u can g Help me 😊..The sounds in my left ear are distorted so if someone speaks cant hear them very well...

Last reply
  • MRA - Magnetic Resonance Arteriography

I'm sure several of you have had an MRI, relating to your Meniere's, however, has anyone ever had an MRA? A doctor friend (not an ENT) suggested I speak to my ENT about this. He said an MRA is like an MRI but they shoot dye into your bloodstream prior to the filming and it shows a lot more...

Last reply
  • Menieres fullness

I been having Mineres Virtigo almost for a week now. The fullness in my ear won’t go away. Is that permanent now or will the fullness go away.?

Last reply
  • Vestibular rehab

First off I want to thank everyone for the helpful suggestions and comments. I will definitely be trying some of them. My doctor suggested vestibular rehab. Has anyone tried it and if so does it work.

Last reply
  • I have been suffering for several months what should I do

In the past several of months I symptoms have become almost constant. I have a severe attack that last for hours and then I spend the next week or more trying to deal with the after effects. Before I start to feel ok I have another attack. I can't do any thing any more I can't even play with...

Last reply
  • I don't know if I have Menieres Disease or Tinnitus.

It started with noise in my left ear starting about a year ago. With this I have also had roughly 5 Vertigo incidents. Today I have noise but also abit of brain fog.  Not always super stable in my walking either, especially when the noise is really loud. The worse part for me is a substantial loss...

Last reply
  • Balance issues/Ménières?

Several years ago I was told I had labyrinthitis twice. The first time I had it, it took 6-8 weeks for my balance to return to normal. The second time it never really returned to normal and has been at a level where I’ve had to put up with it as medication and balance therapy have not helped. I have...

Last reply
  • Blue badg

Has anyone applied and been given a blue disability card, because of Menieres? i was thinking of applying for one as I can’t walk far with the awful vertigo I experience. Shopping is only if I have someone with me. At the supermarket my husband fetches a trolley to the car and I hang on to it!!

Last reply
  • That horrible floating feeling

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I have been suffering with Meniere's symptoms for about 10 years now. It started off almost unnoticeable. The feeling of blocked ears, constantly being told by doctors that it was probably the result of some cold or flu. The tinnitus I thought was due to seeing...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.