Skip to content

Meniere's Disease

All discussions in this group

Next
  • ENT in UK

Hi all,  Have any of you in the UK been given a diuretic as part of your treatment?  And how high a dose of betahistine have you been given?  Thanks  Sarah 

Last reply
  • The constant TINNITUS

I've read about the meds for vertigo, thx for that, but how do u guys try to control the relentless sound? I started the hearing aids a month ago.. not working..please help if any body knows!!???thx

Last reply
  • Ringing

Guys my ringing is level 10 what's working for you guys to lower sound . I will appreciate any help.

Last reply
  • Had a 'turn' after four years

A month ago I had an attack after four years and then another yesterday (16th July). The symptoms are slightly different, not quite so severe, but bad enough. I have a slight headache and feel as though I have something on my head. I take Serc 16 three times a day which I am sure kept it at bay until...

Last reply
  • Betahistine Higher Dose.

Hi, I wan to increase my betahistine dose, normally I take 3 tab of 16mg a day but last week with ENT approval I have been taking 2 tabs of 16mg a day. I have started getting symptoms back and I decided to take 4 tabs of 16mg a day but it is making me more dizzy but no vertigo so far. What is recommended...

Last reply
  • Disability

Has anyone applied for disability from social security? Is it difficult to get? I cannot work outside of the home anymore. I will be contacting a social security lawyer to find out specifics about sumitting a claim. I am 56 so it should be easier to get approved since I am past the target age...

Last reply
  • Blue badg

Has anyone applied and been given a blue disability card, because of Menieres? i was thinking of applying for one as I can’t walk far with the awful vertigo I experience. Shopping is only if I have someone with me. At the supermarket my husband fetches a trolley to the car and I hang on to it!!

Last reply
  • Gentamicin injections

Hi I had a gentamicin injection a few weeks ago. It made me really ill after it, having a major attack that lasted non stop for 5 days and now I'm still unsteady on my feet. My consultant wants to do another top up injection to ease this unsteadiness. He said it probably would make me ill again...

Last reply
  • New symptoms

Hi, today at work I experienced a new kind of attack I believe and I was wondering if anyone else has and can alleviate some of my anxieties surrounding it.  So I had just given meds to a patient walked away and suddenly I felt a massive pressure in my left ear and when I walked it felt like I...

Last reply
  • Insomia

I have been taking betahistine for about 6 months now but also during this time I can't fall asleep. My primary says I have Chronic Insomia, a long with the loud tennutis I just can't relax. I've tried white noise also. I have tried just about everything nothing works. Yes even Marijuana...

Last reply
  • Resuming driving

Hi everyone, I just wondered if people have resumed driving and if so when they did so?  I not had a severe attack or nystagmus in 8 weeks. I feel unbalanced still at times and some days are better than others.  I’ve already had to leave my dream nursing job as it would be too stressful to...

Last reply
  • Cochlea Hydrops

Hi, I am new to the forum.  I have been diagnosed with Cochlea Hydrops, which my consultant tells me is a form of Meniere's disease, just without the vertigo.  My main symptom is ear fullness (which can be painful at times) and distorted hearing  I am just wondering if anyone else...

Last reply
  • Menieres time frame

Have any members had complete respite from all symptoms of this dreadful disease and if so how long has it been since last attack.

Last reply
  • Sinus Medication helps me to function with Meniere's.

I have had meinier's disease for 20 years. I used to get episodes maybe once a year up to last year up to 3 times a year. In the last two months it has been constant. I stopped drinking caffeine especially coffee because I found it made my sinusitis unbearable. I also stopped milk. Had total releif...

Last reply
  • Bethistine

hi, I see all of you are on bethistine to help your vertigo. What is it does it have side effects? Thanks, Chris

Last reply
  • Question about Tinnitus

So I always have Tinnitus in my right ear (bad ear) and this weekend something strange happened.  All of the sudden I got this insanely loud ringing about 3-4 different screaming tones.  My own voice sounded like a tin-y radio and I was yelling to talk.  It lasted about 3 hours. ...

Last reply
  • Endolymphatic Sac Decompression - Recovery

Can anyone tell me what their personal experience has been like for this procedure. I'm wanting to know if it improved the vertigo attacks? Did it improve your "brain fog"? I've done injections, been on betahistine since October. Now take 4 pills a day at 24mg strength. Had vestibular...

Last reply
  • Is it MD or ETD or something else???

Hello all, I am basically trying figure out if I have MD or not. I have seen two ENTs and I have done every test that I am aware of and all came back ok. I have been told it is BPPV. so here are my symptoms and when it started -summer of 2007 got the first vertigo, didn't how long it lasts but afterwards...

Last reply
  • Are grommets effective?

Hi all,  Just wondering if anyone had had grommets inserted into one or both ears and how effective have they been in preventing dizziness, vertigo, aural fullness?  Thank you in advance 😊

Last reply
  • HELP TINNITUS IN BOTH EARS

Hi, I have had meniere's in my left ear for over 20 years, now in the last couple of months. The TINNITUS is in my right ear..any one out there have help to deal with the relentless noise?? Thx cathy..new to this forum

Last reply
  • Labrinthectomy.

I have had vertigo since 2001 and numerous interventions, some working for a while.  I initially starting. with anti-nausea medications.  Saw my neurologist who suggested lamotregine (for migrtaine headaches, thought did not have them) and valium.  Both medications seem to have worked,...

Last reply
  • That horrible floating feeling

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I have been suffering with Meniere's symptoms for about 10 years now. It started off almost unnoticeable. The feeling of blocked ears, constantly being told by doctors that it was probably the result of some cold or flu. The tinnitus I thought was due to seeing...

Last reply
  • ENG + Caloric test and ENT response

I had my ENG and caloric test on Monday followed by ENT appointment yesterday, test went fine, did not that dizzy, my hearing has improved a little bit but I can't notice any difference. ENT said there is definitely some problem with left inner ear and asked me to stop or reduce betahistine if it...

Last reply
  • CBD oil

Hi guys, has anyone tried CBD oil and did it help? And can you take it alongside Betahistine? I’m guessing yes as all natural but wondered if anyone has had any experience with it?  Thank you! 😬

Last reply
  • fullness in ears

when you get the fullness feeling and the ringing in your ears is there any exercise or something that you that lessens the effects? I'm pretty sure I'm getting into stage 2 of Menieres. I haven't had a vertigo attack since last year after three steroid injections. But my ear has been full...

Last reply
  • MD and few related issues

For the first 2 weeks of June I was symptoms free but after that I ate bread in breakfast (which now I strongly believe that I am allergic to) and in afternoon I started feeling off balance and from last 2 weeks I am still off balance. Is this something physiotherapist can look? I have ENG test Tuesday...

Last reply
  • Cochlea meniere's disease

I have been diagnosed with cochlea Meniere's disease, that is all the symptoms just without the vertigo.  My symptoms are bad aural fullness and tinnitus.  Does anyone else have this version of Meniere's disease and if so what treatments are you having?  Many thanks.

Last reply
  • Menieres disease/betahistine

For the past 8 months i have been suffering with vertigo & nausea, along with not being able to read or use or computer without going dizzy. I also feel extreamly tired all the time, loose my balance, intermittant hearing loss, tinitus, fullness in my ear and have what i call brain fog! Its been...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.