Skip to content

Meniere's Disease

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tinnitus unbearable noise!

I have been dealing with a different tinnitus noise since my last Menieres attack in mid February. I have had the whoosing sound in both ears and that continues. The only way I can describe this new noise is like an "electrical" sound:.It is on my right side, where I have a little bit of hearing...

Last reply
  • Meniers studies?

Hi fellow Meniers suffers, I want to know if anyone knows about Meniers studies? I live close the NIH and am always wondering there are no ongoing Meniers studies going on! Maybe now that singer Huey Lewis came out that he is suffering from it big time, it may bring more attention to the need for more...

Last reply
  • Advice for hot weather and exercising

I follow a low sodium diet and my symptoms are well controlled. When I'm in a hot climate or sweat from exercise, however, I sometimes get quite shaky and begin to feel faint or dizzy. I attribute this to maybe not adjusting to get enough sodium in these situations. Does anyone else experience this?...

Last reply
  • ENT mentioned this disease as a possibility today...

For the past six months to a year, I've had issues with my right ear. I'm 47 years old. I guess I can best describe it as feeling clogged or full. When it happens, I also get louder than normal ringing, pressure in the ear, sometimes noises seem louder than normal which makes no sense to me....

Last reply
  • i suffer from miners disease and tinitus

hi can anyone help at all iv had md and tintus for 2years now iv haven't had a an attack for 2 months now but I still feel hevy headed all the time .has anyone had surgery if yes did it work and stop u from having the attacks please let me no thanks I take betahistine tablets for my md my right ear...

Last reply
  • Ear perfusion

Well I'm here in memphis.tenn having a 3 day surgery this is my 3 one tomorrow is my last day I haven't felt good an I really don't feel good now since March 2 l have loss a lot of my hearing in my right ear I hope it comes back this is not a good feeling I have tinnitus really bad good...

Last reply
  • I have Mineres Disease

I have felt for many long years of this Disease and would Love to talk to someone with this Disease as i feel very alone and lossed in my Quality of life with this, I have been on and off and still on Anti Deppressents since i was a teenager and always got unfairly judged as nobody new what was going...

Last reply
  • Recovery

After a meniers attack it has taken up to 2 weeks to get back to normal. Is that the same for everyone it been 4 years battle at first it was 3 or 4days? 

Last reply
  • Air Travel

Hello everyone, ​I am flying on the weekend and wanted to get your advice. How does it effect your symptoms? Is it only on take off and landing from pressure changes? Does it matter if it is short or long flight?  I am afraid of flying as it is so will be taking Xanax. Just looking for some help...

Last reply
  • labyrinthitis vs meniere's vs BPPV diagnosis

My symptoms: 3rd March to  8 march- felt slight head strain, slight ear block at times (not too bothering) Started 9 March - had tinnitus after waking up from a nap in bus. Feel dizziness. Felt floating when lying down (lasted ~1 hr) 10 March- Body feels ok. Had slight tinnitus. Had many bowls of...

Last reply
  • Getting to the end of my teather!

So a cold with MD is pretty crap! Had a heavy cold for a week or so abd for the past week have had constant dizzy feeling, totally off balance, feeling of being pulled to the left (MD in right ear currently) and general feeling of fog. Im in 3 x 16mg betahistine and have been for a long time, low salt...

Last reply
  • Betahistine complications

Hi Has anyone had any severe complications while taking Serc. I was put on Serc two months ago for Meniere's. But I was feeling unwell and having trouble walking and breathing. My neck and face were swelling and I was bloated every day. I was eating very little and I was so bad at one point that...

Last reply
  • New Member, Saying Hello.

Hi, I am Ali, 35 years old Software Engineer, born and Lived in Pakistan, I had severe vertigo attacks started 10 years ago, sometime just 1 attack a year, sometime twice a year and then started happening every month. I went to ENT and they asked for MRI scan but could not find anything. I moved to...

Last reply
  • Road Trip

Hi I have been suffering with Meniers for a very long time and my hearing loss is at 30 per cent. More than vertigo attacks, it is the buzzing in my ears that bother me the most. I am planning on doing a road trip but do not know if I can do it.  When travelling in a car for more than a few hours,...

Last reply
  • Endolymphatic Sac Decompression - Recovery

Can anyone tell me what their personal experience has been like for this procedure. I'm wanting to know if it improved the vertigo attacks? Did it improve your "brain fog"? I've done injections, been on betahistine since October. Now take 4 pills a day at 24mg strength. Had vestibular...

Last reply
  • Meniere's Diagnosis and Treatment over the last year

I was diagnosed with Meniere’s disease 5 years ago after one vertigo attack but it subsided and didn't rear it's ugly head again until last June, 2017 when I had two bad 12 hour vertigo attacks with uncontrollable nausea in one week. At that time, I received a steroid shot, dexamethasone...

Last reply
  • Dizziness foggy head and slight nausea but not an attack

Hi members does anyone experience dizziness foggy head and slight nausea quite often that does not become an attack. Just constantly there a lot of my days. I'm beginning to overdo the Stemetil I think. Anyone else experience this and if so what remedy do you use. Thanks

Last reply
  • Do allergy medicines make your ears worse?

I've been taking Claritin for allergies and since I've started it, my ears have been ringing and my left ear has felt stuffy and I've just felt off. I noticed last time when I took it (a few months back) that it did the same and I actually had vertigo attacks. I thought maybe it was just...

Last reply
  • Prednisone Therapy

I am on day 11 of a 12 day prednisone regimen after attack. . I posted on here shortly after I started and started feeling better after like day two at which time the fullness almost totally disappeared and my hearing was much better in the right ear. The dosage is down to morning and evening, but...

Last reply
  • Vertigo from Menieres disease

I've had Meniere's for several years but it would mostly involve an attack and nausea (after ear fullness and rushing sound in ear) that would last about 2-4 hrs then go away for months. This past year, possibly exacerbated by the shock of having to put two of my horses down with twisted guts,...

Last reply
  • Motion sickness and Menieres

Hi All - I'm going on vacation with my extended family next week and everyone is going on a four hour boat trip together. I have always been prone to motion sickness, but it's worse since my Meniere's diagnosis.  Any ideas on what I can take to prevent sickness? I did a trial of the...

Last reply
  • Taking Stemitil between attacks

Hi group anyone take Stemitil at times when feeling only slight lightheaded and fullness in ear. I'm only taking one 5mg but I know I'm not getting an attack, just times I feel these symptoms in between attacks. Not sure if this is doing any harm but need to get relief somehow. Thks

Last reply
  • A Cause of Ménière's Disease

I first came to this sight quite a while ago looking for information on Ménière's disease causation. Some history: I am a USAF veteran, separated in 1984, who has developed Ménière's progressively over the years. I worked around jet aircraft continually and repeatedly for...

Last reply
  • Will it ever stop?

Hi,  re to the forums as I’m in desperate need of some support. I’ve been battling vertigo, ear fullness, hearing loss and tinnitus for over 4 years now. I’ve never officially been diagnosed with Ménière’s but have been taking betahistine for some time now. I had respite of about a year...

Last reply
  • Constant vertigo with MD

Hi all, Reading through a lot of these discussions has been really helpful and reassuring to know im (sadly) not alone in all of this. I have 2 questions which im hoping someone might have some advice on. 1. My symptoms of MD have been going on for years but only recently been diagnosed with MD. I always...

Last reply
  • Fullness in head

Love to hear I'm not alone. My whole head feels like there's a fog inside like under water along with weird tinnitus. When this happens my balance is also affected. When this happens which is pretty regular I touch my ear and have no sensation. I do have substantial hearing loss in that ear but...

Last reply
  • What age is most common for Meniere's to surface???

Hi --- I was diagnosed at 39 (I'm 40 now) & my father was diagnosed right around 40 as well. I'm feeling like this is an "old persons disease" which leads me to be even more excited (sarcasm) about my future! I would like to hear from others...just curious what the typical...

Last reply
  • Two ENT’s Different MD Information

I have been working with one ENT Dr. for almost a year. He has diagnosed a Meniere's disease due to hearing test results (Ear Test low levels in the high-frequency range 2500 and 4500, feeling of fullness in right ear, pain and pressure. ringing in the ears, unbalance and loss of the equilibrium...

Last reply
  • ❤ Sending Prayers, Hugs & Strength ❤

Hello Family, Haven't seen some activity from my family; it seems everyone including myself are going through a rough patch. I know it's hard for all of us; as we're in different phases of MD, VM, or having symptoms but no answer yet. ....... Please Don't Give Up ..... Sending all...

Last reply
  • Question about MD

I was diagnosed by my ENT with MD.  I have a question mine is strange, I eat a very strict diet low sodium no sugar (keto/Paleo) My MD is strange my hearing with get muffled on one side (low end out) and that will come and go with no MD attacks.  At time my hearing in both ears is perfect. ...

Last reply
  • MD and betahistine

I have been diagnosed for MD last 8 months . Used to get vertigo once in 3 months . Was in treatment with steroids when episode comes.Tinnitus becomes continues for left ear and was consulting ENT regularly . Got a steroid injection and still no improvement and got episodes 4 times in a month. When I...

Last reply
  • Long Menieres vertigo spells happening again

I have had Menieres for years. I had an endolymphatic shunt put in last July. I take meclizine 3 times a day still. Dizzy spells had lessened and were only lasting 10-20 seconds. It is March and in the last two days I have had 2 Vertigo spells lasting at least an hour each. They haven't been this...

Last reply
  • JMJ JMJ

Relapse After 16 Weeks

Thanks to steroid injections, I've been free of vertigo for 16 weeks.  But last night,  I had a relapse. I was in the basement doing laundry when suddenly, it was like I was in a centrifuge - the room spinning at 200mph.  I had no warning signs, so I wasn't able to get to my rescue...

Last reply
  • Cluster

Wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with Cluster headaches along with being diagnosed with MD?  

Posted
  • Did my Endolymphatic Hydrops cure itself?? Help....

I have a question about my menieres. Let me give u some background info. In 2010 I slipped on ice and fell back and hit my head. Long story short I started getting all the symptoms of inner problems and was tested. Doctor said my left side was 40 percent from the tube test where they stick that long...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.