Anyone been diagnosed with Meniere's weeks after covid vaccination

Posted , 14 users are following.

I had my 1st Pfizer vaccination April 30th 2021. 23 days later I was in the ER with vertigo and vomiting. Dr told me I have Meniere's. July 2020 I had sudden hearing loss. Woke up one morning and couldn't hear out of right ear. Tests show I have 50% hearing loss in that ear. MRI is clean. On and off over a couple years I've experienced tiny moments of dizziness and I've suffered migranes. I really don't think my vertigo is vaccine related, just a coincidenc, but am curious to know if anyone has experience this weeks after their vaccination

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

10 days after my first AstraZeneca jab I have peripheral vertigo with vomiting. 6 days later and I've had another episode. I also now have tinnitus and generally feeling rubbish. Dr is pretty sure I now have Menieres. 😦

• Edited

I've had Meniere's since 2016. In Feb of 2019 I opted to have endolymphatic sac decompression with shunt. I didn't have any vertigo for 15 months and then, weeks after getting my second Pfizer shot, I had one of the worse attacks I have ever endured. I landed in the ER because I couldn't get the violent spinning to stop. The attacks are coming more frequently as more time passes, every week or so now. I can feel it build in my ear. I was never able to feel that before. I'm now looking at having Gentamicin shots to destroy the balance system. I too have wondered if the vaccine had something to do with the recurrence.

• Edited

I would bet you that the vaccine triggered these symptoms If you go to the CDC's Wonder database and build a report of vaccine adverse effects, you will see the thousands of people with similar effects. So many people have what you have and worse: thousands have died.

• Posted

oh wow, i am the same. I'd had a spell of Vertigo in Jan but it went away and i didn't think much of it as my mum suffered with vertigo for years. i had my AZ vaccine then 9 days later had a dreadful vertigo attack with ringing in ears, muffled ears. Dr gave me Betahistamine (not sure how it's spelt) I took it for a few days but i still feel 'off balance' and have trouble with my ears. Dr said it might be Menieres.

• Posted

I had my second pfizer jab on may 12th 2021 and 6 days later ended up in A&E with severe vertigo and feeling sick plus palpitations, 4 weeks ago my GP gave me betahistine to treat meniere's desease, i still feel unwell.

I keep thinking it was the jab but must be coincidence.

• Posted

Carolyn,

Doubtful that your problems are coincidence. Meniere's and heart problems are some of the known side effects of these drugs. You can search online and find it. suggest drinking lots of water and maybe trying a detox regimen. Best Wishes

• Edited

Had similar reaction after mRNA vaccine...began with mild cold symptoms, then sinus infection after first shot then after second shot ear blocked and sinus congestion continued. First vertigo episode lasted 6 hours, two more after that over several weeks with obvious balance problems.

Finally got appointment with ENT (long waits during Covid) diagnosed with Meniere's Disease ...Brain MRI normal. Meniere's symptoms gradually subsided. The ear pressure and blocked right ear has gone and my balance is normal now eight months later.

I believe my Meniere's disease began 3 years ago when my immune system was compromised. I had similar symptoms except for vertigo.

Know that I am all for vaccines and follow the science but when you go through an illness that is so debilitating, it makes one think twice.

Maybe the vaccine triggered an immune response that triggered the Meniere's. With booster shots recently approved, I can't help being fearful of triggering Meniere's again with another dose.

• Posted

Yes i would say the same, picked something out of the car and crawled to lie down as the room was spinning horrendously , dizzy everyday cant work only relief is when I lie still, I was diagnosed with a middle ear infection prescribed antibiotics that cleared it up but the vertigo attacks returned 2 weeks later

• Edited

I had Covid back in Aug 2021 and the nausea triggered my Menieres again, and i have been struggling with episodes on occasion, ever since... my hearing loss has been worsened, to the point now i wear double hearing aids in order to hear... I was originally diagnosed in 2001 but it was dormant for almost a decade until recently

• Edited

Hi Everyone, I saw this site and the people that have issues after having vaccinations, you are not alone. After having my 3rd Covid vaccination (1 st 2 were Astra Zeneka and 3rd booster was the Johnson and Johnson). I developed after the 3rd booster slight headaches and the feeling of being lightheaded, a strange feeling and laying in bed sometimes like the feeling of falling. I didn't think too much of it at the time until 2 months later after having the flu vaccination. 48 hours later I woke with violent vertigo so bad that I couldn't get up without falling over. It lasted for days on and off accompanied by awful headaches and with the strange head feeling. A few days later my left ear started to hurt feeling like I was getting an infection, I went to the doctor and she prescribed antibiotics and exercises for the vertigo. It gradually got worse with my sinuses feeling blocked especially around the ears this then brought on the horrible strange lighthead feeling with pressure build up in my head and ears. The second doctor found fluid build up in both ears and told me it would improve on its own. I am 4 months in now and I am starting to get on top of it. Basically, if you start to build up your immune system and do a major detox for the liver and rid chemical toxic build up from your system it will help. I still have bouts of it but at least now I don't have it every day and not quite as bad. I have been on my resume for 6 weeks now and I haven't had vertigo for at least a month, but still have some slight ringing in my left ear when I open my mouth, cracking in both ears when I move my mouth around, ears feeling full and lightheaded every few days. If anyone is interested in what I was taking, please reply back for more details I would be happy to help out as it is very frustrating indeed.

• Posted

What did you take to reduce these symptoms I'm experiencing vertigo and tinnitus post mrna moderna (3).

• Posted

I got JNJ vaccine and had tinnitus for a week. months went by and a vertigo attack , fullness in left ear, vomiting. i went to my primary care doctor and he said ear infection, antibiotics no episodes for months. I was driving and it was raining boom vertigo. I started a new job driving a stand up forklift boom vertigo attack. I was at my Mom's funeral and boom vertigo attack. I ate McDonald's and it was raining boom 7 hour, throwing up, sweating and drenched my clothes, could not walk, shaking, wife called an ambulance vertigo attack. MRI clean , saw ENT, hearing test showed hearing loss in my left ear and I was diagnosed with Meniers. Everytime it's about to storm, especially tornado possibility I have an attack. I had no health problems prior to vaccine. I know someone at work who is diagnosed with MS after receiving vaccine. Meds help with vertigo and throwing up. I take them every time I get the dizziness and sweating so far been lucky to put symptoms in check before throwing up. I did get a new job sitting at a desk so not as scared of an attack as I was driving a fork lift.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.