Light and menieres

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. Does anyone else have a sensitivity to light? I'm finding driving in the dark with car lights a trigger.... not immediately, I wake upon the morning with ear fullness in 1 ear and sometimes a little dizzy. Also my daughter had a flashing light toy which sent me off in a spin for a few days. The only thing that I find that helps is going to bed very early and sleeping lots.

I'm on 16mg betahistine And prochloperazine 5mg when I need it.

I have a slight tint in my glasses for working on the computer which helps loads. I'm nervous of the dark nights drawing in and driving.

I have been diagnosed with right sided menieres. Could it be something else?

Regards

Michelle

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issue. Sunny days are atrocious. Even on gloomy days I have to wear sunglasses. I have left-sided meniere's. I usually end up in bed with an eye mask during an attack because light makes it worse.

• Posted

hi  Doris 7777  shying away from the lights bright ones are one of the meneries  triggers in an office shops the brighter they are the worst  I feel going pass trees on a sunny day and the flicking of light from the sun sets me of too as time goes on you get more sensitive towards it  sorry to say

regards valerie 

• Posted

My night vision since I got menieres is atrocious. I wear sunglasses all the time outside, and I have extreme problems with fluorescent lighting and flickering - like if you've got light coming between trees or through a fence. I've had my eyes tested and they're fine.

Currently experimenting with a series of blue light blocking glasses - so far none has been a miracle

• Posted

hi ruth17826  it good to talk on this page you find out that we not on are own and in some else is going through the same and we not mad or having a brain tumor  when this all first happened to me I felt so alone but know I have everyone here to talk too it make it a bit easy knowing that but the lights do play a big part of this meneries

• Posted

Indeed, before I was first diagnosed I was convinced I was either crazy or had a massive brain tumour! One day I hope they hit on a treatment to fix us all
  • Posted

Had to turn off the ceiling  fan in the kitchen as I could not bear seeing the movement. 

Also have a dreadful time after dark with the lighting from street lights and car lights being so bright, 

I see halo's around them so mostly just close my eyes.  I being the passenger of course. 

Absolutely  would not drive at night under any circumstance. 

• Posted

yes I too get irritated on bright lights . Also sometimes I get red eyes due to heavy strain in eyes due to MD. Eye check ups are normal.

I get sound in ear and some times fullness .

I am constantly imbalanced while walking.

Gas formation in stomach .

This Meniers make all our organs behave strange and different..

• Posted

Hi Doris i am recently diagnosed with Menieres and have felt very alone not knowing how to cope and finding anyone else suffering with this.. have just come a cross your messages so hope for me im not alone ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.