A positive story so far continued

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I am now nearly 8 weeks post op for an anterior/posterior vaginal repair and perineal repair. I returned to work after 4 weeks on a phased return but struggled a bit as I still felt very sore down below and still had stitches in at that stage. I went in or worked from home for mornings only then went to bed in the afternoon as I was so weary.However returning to work did so much for my feeling of being back in the real world as I found being at home and not doing much so hard. I have now been back full time for two weeks and feel okay, My body tells me when I have done too much as I feel really achy deep inside down below. There are still stitches there and haeling going on below the surface which I appreciate. I had my post op at 7 weeks and the nurse said that this was normal as it was early days yet. I had sex with my hubby at 6 weeks and all was fine, great actually as everything is so much tighter and therefore much more feeling for both hima nad me !!!! It's so nice to be able to do a proper volume wee and not feel the need to go again staight away and also to do a poper poo without splinting. I have been told about the risk of re-prolapse but as a positive person I am looking on the bright side

5 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's all very positive carole and lovely to read. This is how recovery should be. I think you were very brave back to work so soon but it probably helped towards your recovery to a certain extent. I hope you continue to do well x

• Posted

Hi matron,

My new consultant has FRCOG at the end of his name.

What is this? Thankyou for your advice.x

• Posted

All gynaecologists/urogynaecologists have MRCOG or FRCOG as a qualification. It stands for Member/Fellow of the Royal College of Gynaecologists.
    • Posted

OK thanks.was wondering what the difference was to MRCOG and FRCOG. Is one more experienced that the other.Thankyou matron. X
    • Posted

A consultant becomes a Fellow of the College for doing research which to be honest includes a lot of urogynaecologists. He/she has to be nominated by another Fellow and a decision is made by a committee. Just because a urogynaecologist is a FRCOG doesn't mean he is more experienced. I know a lot of excellent well experienced consultant's who aren't Fellows.

• Posted

Thanks matron I think it is important to share positive stories as by default people without issues do not tend to post on sites like these!!!
    • Posted

You're absolutely right. I've mentioned before that it's ladies having problems who look for support from forums such as this one. It was lovely to read your post but stay on the forum because your experience is valuable when it comes to advising and supporting women xx

• Posted

So pleased that all is going so well Carole, it us good to hear of positive progress and so early in recovery. Hope recovery continues so positive for you.

Take care,

Phil x☺☺☺

• Posted

Hi phyl,

I am now on the list for another repair.. My new consultant told me to look for a sit down job ad standing all day is a big risk. I am now thinking of checkout☺

Hope all is well.xx

• Posted

That's good news welshgirl, hopefully won't need to wait too long!

If going to look for checkout position make sure they understand about not standing on feet for too long and are aware of weight issues at checkout.

I had a lady at checkout the other day who specifically asked for help with heavy items. I had to explain that I could help with light things but unfortunately could not lift anything heavy, the only heavy things were 8 pk of coke which I could slide into the bags down slope in packing area so helped a little.

She had had surgery in her hands/knuckles about 4 months ago. I can shout for help if necessary. Anyway she did manage to lift the coke onto the belt in the first place so don't see why she couldn't pack it. Anyway did my best.

Good luck with your search, by the time you get your new surgery and recovery by the supermarkets may be looking for staff. They often recruit at the end of university year when students leave to take new jobs or in the run up to Xmas around October/November.

Phyl x?

• Posted

Brilliant. That was a lot to have done & go back to work so soon. Remember to rest as much as possible. Well done!

• Posted

Thanks I think that I have been lucky but that it is important to share positive progress
  • Posted

Positive news Carole, wonderful.. Unfortunately for me my anterior repair failed in april.I am now on list for another.

My last consultant failed to identify it after 5visits.I now have a wonderful new consultant who diagnosed it within 5minutes.. Keep resting and no lifting or bending good luck love.x

• Posted

Hi so awful to have had it fail as i must say that i wouldn't want to go through op again but I guess it will finally sort out the symptoms for you good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.