A question 6 months after THR

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had THR last December and have pain in buttox every day since.  At this point, it is worse when I have been sitting and get back up.  My butt cheek feels so tight that I can barely move.  I have to start slowly and inch along to get to usual gait.  I do believe my piriformis is to blame but I have tried everything known to man to help it release!  The hip is healing fine according to doctor.  All muscles seem very messed up.  Also feel sciatic pain.  I never thought I would still be fighting this at 6 months!  Not my old self, that's for sure....really feeling depressed.  Would like to hear from anyone whose had these symptoms and hopefully, feel better now.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you have so much pain. Did you have the anterior approach?
    • Posted

Hi! I had posterior approach. The big long scar in butt cheek??

• Posted

Hi Linda, I had anterior thr then dislocated on week four. It’s now three months after dislocation and I also have extreme pain and stiffness after sitting. I asked the surgeon why but he just shrugs. I can only lay down or stand and walk. It’s so disappointing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.