A question about alcohol (and my presentation as new user)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everybody,

sorry for my English, I'm not native speaker.

I read about alcohol as a trigger. How much alcohol could be a trigger? I usually take a small drink in the evening. Could be enough?

I am 45, I suffer of svt/avnrt for 10 years, diagnosed by my doctor after several exams. 2-3 episodes per month, sometimes more. Usually an episode lasts 10-15 minutes, if I can rest. I learned how to stop them with breathing, usually works after some tentative.

Sometimes I take beta-blocker, if I'm going to live trigger situations.

Last week I felt an anxious pressure in my chest that took me to svt. Now I'm trying a combination of Leonurus Cardiaca and Onopordon as fitoterapiya and pressure is gone.

Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

In the past I've found enough to get mildly drunk would trigger PVCs or SVT for me. Maybe 2-3 drinks. But I think we are all unique and what is a trigger for one of us might not be for another. I am on high doses of beta blockers now and have not really found it to be a problem while on drugs. But at a lower dose I would generally limit my drinking on any night out to 1-2 weaker drinks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.