A question for ladies

Posted , 4 users are following.

A question for ladies, don't think men could answer it but feel free of course.

Ladies with large boobs, do you find that the weight of them makes Afib worse? I am a bit big and I feel that they really are a nuisance as I have to loosen my bra when an episode comes on and everything goes south. Or am I imagining it? 😊

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Phoebe. If you think about it, breasts are on the outside of the chest- there are ribs between them and the heart so l can't see how they could put any pressure on the heart or blood vessels.

• Posted

Hi Robyn and thanks for your reply, I hadn't looked at it like that, the first thing I have to do if I have and an episode of AF is to loosen or if appropriate take my bra off and of course things droop sadly , I've also notice more flutters at night, perhaps I need to invest in some of those comfort bras.

• Posted

A few people on here have noted that they get AF whilst lying on their left side which could be pressure on the heart from the right lung. l try to keep my shoulders square so the heart is not squashed. ? this may help you.

• Posted

I haven't slept on my left side since I was first diagnosed 5 years ago, while I was hooked up to machines I already had a theory about the left side so tested it a few times over the 3 days I was in and sure enough if I lay on the left my heart rate shot up then when I went on either my back or right side it went back to normal.

• Posted

This is crazy , I also seem to have gone into afib when laying down on my left side.., the crazy is why my DR, cardiologist, PA look dumbfounded when I ask what brings this afib on. They say no rhyme or reason why , don't waste your time trying to figure it out just take all these medicines and pay a fortune to have an ablation. I am new to this afib situation. The beta blocker and new high blood pressure meds, seem to be making me very tired , hard to walk up stairs exercise. Is there a book about afib that has put together all this great info that everyone talks about on these afib sights? Does anyone know if people sometimes quit having afib, lose weight , block their smart meter, quit laying on their left side. I will buy it. ☺

• Posted

Well after i posted this i went to Amazon and yes there are books on afib!! . Now how to decide which one to choose...., ☺

• Posted

I will look at those books as well, this last episode has been the kick up the backside I needed to do something about my weight, I was so tensed up the whole time I ache everywhere today, I was actually telling hubby how much to feed the dog if anything happened to me, 40 hours is quite lengthy I got really depressed. 😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.