A specific area of my throat in right side is very scratchy and rough over 4 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

One specific area inside my throat , the skin become rough and scratchy and gives huge discomfort throughout the days and it never goes away totally, there is no pain rather the skin has got distorted and creates the discomfort around neck also. At times the feelings is normal but it comes back and keep creating discomfort. There is another specific area in the upper palate of my mouth, i feel the same when i touch the place with my tongue. I went to GP for many time since last 4 years but still it is same. They have given antibiotic for many days, antihistamine was used for long time , nasal spray , did gurgling with salt water , used mouth wash,  BUT NOTHING WORKS/  This is serious distressful situation. I cant concentrate on anything , and seems like i am loosing memory since this problem started cause i can not give attention to anything. This area gets increased and decreased at times also but it never gets smooth totally and i never feels relieved. PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Have you looked at Silent Reflux? If not you could try reflux medicine (maybe an over-counter one if you can't get one prescribed) for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference. I have done a bit of research on this and sometimes reflux can cause very few symptoms you would usually expect.

Really feel for you- going through similar (but thankfully for not so long) and it truly is distressing.

Best of luck

• Posted

When i keep my right nose closed , i feel a bit good at times, other wise most of the time it feels like some tiny particles has been deposited on that small area on my upper right palate and in the right side of my throat on a very specific place. How silent reflux can cause this thing? i have no idea how it could get solved. When i see GP he cant see anything there but when i put my tongue on the upper palate i understand that unevenness and i can feel the same in my throat and throat gives me the most discomfort. 

If any one has this type of localized discomfort inside throat on and off basis for long 4 years then he or she may be able to give a clue. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.