Skip to content

Sore Throat

New discussion Join group Also known as Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Quinsy, Tonsillitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • fata81908 2

sore throat for one year now

Had one year of sore thoart or inflammed throat. I did go to gps. Specilalusts, had nose operation, scope done to see throat clearly,, nothing , didnt help at all. Many antibiotic courses, remedies, liquids to wash throat. No sign of improvement. I m tired of it. Doctors suspected gerd, though my stomach...

140 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • brittany111 1
  • Suse71 2

Lingual tonsilitis on left side

Hi. I went to ent about a month ago. Was diagnosed with Lingual tonsillitis. Dr said he could do surgery in 3 months cause he was about to go for robotic surgery training. Could be his first patient. Lol No, thanks, doc! I went to research online. Watched some You Tube vids. Do not want that surgery....

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • rhonda1956 3

chronic lingual tonsillitis

here we go again.  i am on day 14 of thsi painful condition. that usually lasts about 14 days. i have a mild cold. i dont blow my nose. i have post nasal drip for sure. but its not that bad. ​i did read that, can cause Gerd. i have tried the treatment for Gerd. Somac did not work or Nexium.  ​i have...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • littlemisssmith 1

Are my tonsils enlarged?

Are my tonsils enlarged? I've had recurrent tonsillitis for years, along with getting strep at least once every year or two. Am I a candidate for a tonsillectomy?

• ray63269 3

Food stuck at Base of tongue

I have for quite some time had a problem that comes and goes with small pieces of food getting stuck at Base of tongue . It's been worse this time though as it's been like it a couple of weeks and voice is slightly hoarse too and have to cough to make voice clearer . I put my finger to back of throat...

• aj41391 1

Swollen Vocal Cords

Hello.  I'm in my mid 40s and about 4 months ago I got sick with pneumonia.  As soon as I got better I woke up one morning and my mouth was burning and the lymph nodes in my neck were swollen. I also Started running a low grade fever.   Plus It felt like some one was jabbing their finger into my throat. ...

• nicholas83210 1
  • paul8343 2

Sore Throat

I've had a constent sore throat and have been diagnosed with LPR.Has anyone had the operation for LPR and as it helped them

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • aj41391 1

Swollen Vocal Cords

Hello.  I'm in my mid 40s and about 4 months ago I got sick with pneumonia.  As soon as I got better I woke up one morning and my mouth was burning and the lymph nodes in my neck were swollen. I also Started running a low grade fever.   Plus It felt like some one was jabbing their finger into my throat. ...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • VandenBogaerde 2

Chronic sore throat for almost 3 months now. PLEASE HELP :(

I have had sore throat since late December and it is starting to scare me. At first it was just a common cold and it went on and off. The common cold symptoms eventually died down but the sore throat persisted. Sometimes the pain is not there but just for a day or two and comes back. It is not really...

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jordan53604 2
  • mike70282 2

Indistinguishable pharyngitis

Hello. I'm from Russia. I do not know English. I'm using Google translator. I apologize for my mistakes Our doctors can not help me. I have pharyngitis. How can it be cured? I'm ill about 10 years old. If you need more information, I'll let you know.  

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • samantha29269 2

Feel like something stuck in my throat

Hi. I'm really hoping somebody can help me, can't find any discussions on here!  For the last few months I've had a feeling of having something stuck at the base of my throat or like a lump. It's not there all the time and comes and goes. I went to visit the doc and she had a look but said couldn't see...

90 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • jake90104 1

Right side of my neck/throat hurts near my Adam's apple

The right side of my throats hurts and I can't exactly describe where it is. I'm pretty sure it isn't in my actuall throat but I could be wrong. I can feel and hurt the area that is in pain by pushing in between my neck muscle and my Adam's apple. I smoke but not very often and I haven't been doing it...

• joanne31598 3

one whit lump on tonsil

been GP given lencillion been on 48hr no sign it's going look like a flat hard lump like a cyst she seem to think ok said if doesn't clear see ENT but I thought would after 48hr but still there and I worry. I do feel like I have earache and generally under the weather has any one experienced this . I...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ravenslave 2

Tonsillectomy 3 days ago!

Some may remember that I posted about having peritonsillar abscess and being rushed into hospital fighting for my life due to the severity of it.  Ive finally had my tonsils out! Surgery was on 02/06/17. I was so excited! No more recurring quinsy!  Well...WOW! The pain! Only thing that seems to make...

• erika159951 2
  • cyber 1

Could I have scarred vocal folds?

I'm not hoarse and my voice hasn't really changed. However, my throat hurts and I can't use higher pitches or a loud voice. It started 2 months ago when I was screaming and I lost my voice. I screamed once more the next day with a lost voice, and it started to hurt so I stopped then. It got gradually...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • john34886 1
  • jan17420 1

Weird tonsils, sore throat, excess mucus. HELP??

I've had tonsil problems for sime time now. I visited my doctor, but he told me to stop smoking first. I'm not a heavy smoker. In fact, I don't even smoke cigaretes regulary, but I do smoke mj daily mixed with tobacco. I'm pretty sure that's why spit out brown/yellow mucus in the morning, but I'm starting...

• mvh81 2

How Long Does Tonsillitis Last?

Hi. I'm 32 and currently going through an horrendous dose of tonsillitis. What started out on Monday as general aches and pains was followed by fever/shivers Mon night into Tue. WED saw some improvement ache wise but then the sore throat started. It's now Fri and I've got horrendous ulcers covering both...

168 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • abshir 80849 2

Pain in the left side of throat near Adam's apple

My throat has been hurting for two weeks.  It's not your typical sore throat, it's like a pain left outside of the throat near edge of Adam's apple. It doesn't hurt when I swallow like a normal sore throat would, but it kind of has it's own little spasms of pain.  Let me describe these symptoms more...

77 replies 7 votes Last reply
  • elizabeth59693 2

Tongue attached to tonsil side

After my tonsillectomy like 3 weeks or so. I noticed that my tongue was hurting and become attached and some how grew together with the space where my tonsil used to be. Any body had this before?

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • amy71414 3

Sore Throat PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey all, im hoping someone will be able to give me some advice on whats happening. Sorry for the long story its been an interesting one! So in February after a year of Bacterial Tonsilitis i had my tonsils removed and about three to three and a half weeks later the pain was back and to my disbelief...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • trista34239 1

Mysterious lump showed up in my throat over night

So this past Friday morning I woke up with a lump in my neck, on the right side, right next to where a man's Adam's apple would be...the lump appeared out of nowhere, I hadn't been feeling bad or sick at all..but the lump is decent in size...probably the size of a half dollar...and when...

• julie 78317 1

Feeling of something stuck in throat

For the last 12 months ive had the feeling of something stuck in my throat i had an endoscopy last year all ok. I had camera up my nose down my throat showed oral thrush. Recent blood tests and stool samples have come back clear been taking omoprozole and gaviscon advanced for 2 weeks but to no avail....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Evamore 3

Sore throat for a week

So I've had a sore throat about a week now, with little/no improvement. It started either on Monday or Tuesday (think Tuesday) in the afternoon with no known cause as I had been drinking enough water. The sore throat is on one side (left), hurts my left ear when yawning/swallowing. It is very very painful...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Ap1999 2

Reoccurring throat infections - I need help!

I've had at least six bouts of throat infections in the past six months. Being sick has taken over my life. I feel weak all the time, and I've gotten a round of antibiotics every time I was sick. I haven't spent more than a few days in between each bout feeling not sick. I still have my tonsils, and...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • G123 2

Throat pain

I have had a sore throats for a few months now and ear pain, I have been doctors several times and they are not taking me seriously enough as I am only 19, it hurts really badly when I swallow and I am getting very concerned is anyone else experiencing this that could help. Thank you

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • petet1 1

Clearing throat after eating.

Hi there, I hope someone can help. For the past year and a half or so I noticed that about 90% of the time after I eat I have to constantly clear my throat for sometimes up to 2 hours and only in the last 2-3 months have a really noticed it because someone pointed it out to me. I end up with a headache...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • andy28994 1

Throat problems for 3 months.

Hello all my names Andy. I'm 25yrs old. I have a preexisting case of ulcerative colitis which has been stable now for 3 years. I am on pentasa and azathioprine daily and have 8 weekly infusions of infliximab, so before I continue i am making it known that my immune system isn't great. But i digress....

• Jo38983 2

Swollen Tonsil

I had a really bad chest infection back in November, and rode it out because i didnt want to go on antibiotics. My right tonsil became swollen at this time and was very sore. After loosing my voice etc I got better however since my right tonsil is still enlarged, but not sore and not causing any obstruction....

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Mike1965 2

Sudden onset, not all the time throat feels restricted

2 weeks back I had an infection in one tonsil and sore throat, saw my GP who said it was nasty and that my glands were up in my neck, gave me antibios as I had been getting over a chest infection. At that same time I had this off feeling around the area of my adman’s apple, like it was being partly closed...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • ben46693 2

Sore throat 2 weeks before surgery

Hi! I'm going to have an operation on 15th of May, doctors discovered a cyst in my sinus cavity and its going to be removed. But i discovered yesterday that i have sore throat and usually that ends with being totally ill. But im nervous, info that i got from hospital says that dont take any painkillers...

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.