Skip to content

Sore Throat

Also known as Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Quinsy, Scarlet Fever, Tonsillitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Red Spots on roof of mouth? Every 3 weeks?

For about a year, I have post nasal drip every few days, one a month I get red spots in the roof of the mouth. I feel like it's an infection, I get over it in a matter of days, I start sleeping better and then again it repeats every 3 weeks or so. Why, what's going on? What do I do? Doctors...

Last reply
  • Odd sensations and feelings around throat area

About 2-3wks ago i felt the sensation of something in my throat. Typically around the adam apples, throat and back of throat. It either feels like hoarseness, post nasal drip or just a simple 'something is stuck' odd sensation. It is not painful nor do i have any swallowing issues. The degree...

Last reply
  • Chronic Lingual Tonsillitis AGAIN

I have had trouble logging in. And it goes to my junk mail.  Here we go again was my last post.   I have had 5 months of being ok. Got a virus. Pfft. CLT again.  Week 2 done. So painful.  Please note these are  not Paletine tonsils that your doc can see. These are a bunch of...

Last reply
  • Swollen tonsils for coming up to 7 months? What can I do?

Hi, apologies in advance for the length of this post but I feel that I need to get the whole story across. Early in March this year I had the flu, I was bedridden for a few days but then the symptoms began to subside within around 10 days. A couple of days after I suffered from a horrendous pain in...

Last reply
  • Tonsillitis keeps coming back

In the last six month I’ve had tonsillitis 5 times. Symptoms usually start with very dry sore throat and then feeling feverish and chills then pus on tonsils. When on antibiotics symptoms calm down but as soon as I get off them I immediately start to feel symptoms again. Can’t remember the last time...

Last reply
  • Left Side Throat Issues for 4 Months

Hiya I'll do my best to keep this short while providing as much detail as possible to ensure people can accurately assist me or chip in with their similar experiences. Anyway! I have an issue with my throat where it feels as though there's something stuck about an inch around to the left...

Last reply
  • Sore throat, not infected, what next?

Hi, I've had a mild sore throat for about 3 weeks. I noticed lumps on the back of my throat (see pic) so went to the doctor. I also started with a cold and slight cough about 1.5 weeks ago. At first he said it might be herpes, but ruled it out because I'm not sexually active. He prescribed...

Posted
  • I Pain for 2 weeks and counting due to tonsillitis.

Started to feel something unusual when I eat or drink. I thought I gonna have sore throat and had strepsils (4packts) and the unusual feeling is still there. That's when I thought it's something different and went to see doctor. He said its tonsiltis and gave anitibiotics. After finishing 5 days...

Last reply
  • Scarlet fever does it go on for ever?

My 16 year old daughter was diagnosed with A typical scarlet fever when she was about 6 years old. This was after being sent home from school with a temperature of 104 and having a sore throat a headache stomach ache and being sick. We took her to the dr's and she was seen by a nurse who thought...

Last reply
  • Throat irritation almost 2 years!

Started in Sept of 2016 with a mild sore throat. Long story short I've had barium swallow xray several doctor visits , blood test and endoscopy/biopsy last year. My throat has been dry the whole time worse the past few months. If I talk too long or yell at all, my throat gets really dry and scratchy....

Last reply
  • Pain in the left side of throat near Adam's apple

My throat has been hurting for two weeks.  It's not your typical sore throat, it's like a pain left outside of the throat near edge of Adam's apple. It doesn't hurt when I swallow like a normal sore throat would, but it kind of has it's own little spasms of pain.  Let...

Last reply
  • what do I do about my tonsillitis?

hi I'm 14 and I currently suffering from viral tonsillitis, the pain is excruciating and i find it hard to swallow , hence I have to spit into a tissue or cup , I also experience lock jaw and so I can't properly put anything in my mouth! I just checked today in the mirror and my tonsil has got...

Last reply
  • How Long Does Tonsillitis Last?

Hi. I'm 32 and currently going through an horrendous dose of tonsillitis. What started out on Monday as general aches and pains was followed by fever/shivers Mon night into Tue. WED saw some improvement ache wise but then the sore throat started. It's now Fri and I've got horrendous ulcers...

Last reply
  • Severe throat infections for 3 years. Local ENTs are clueless

If you are an ENT or have any knowledge of throat health please read and respond. For the past 3 years I have been getting severe throat infections typically every 1 to 3 months. All of them test negative for streptococcus, and doctors always call them viral infections (nothing specific). Antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Sore throat every morning

Hi everyone here go's so every morning i wake up i have a really sore throat. I notice drinking helps it. Then it gose away i do have to clear my throat Alot As Well even when it's not sore. And sometimes i feel like out of breath not to the point am worried though it comes and gose I am a smoker....

Last reply
  • I have big yellowish sore spot on tonsil

So recently I got diagnosed with tonsillitis, I had a couple of white spots on my tonsil and severe sore throat.  But today I looked at my tonsil and discovered right under my tongue on it, there is a large sore yellowish spot with red flecks and a red/brown border. It doesn’t look at all like...

Posted
  • Chronic Group C Strep ThroatInfection?

So i was diagnosed with a group C strep throat infection around a month ago. I was given a 10 day Cephalosporin antibiotic. Around the 4th day I also developed pink eye and was then given an antibiotic eye drop for that it seemed to clear up. The antibiotic for my throat took all 10 days until i noticed...

Last reply
  • Something appeared in throat

So there is this thing in the middle of my throat that just suddenly appeared there and has never been there before. It’s in the middle of my throat towards the back. It’s white and kind of looks like a bone. When I swallow I can feel it and it feels like a pill stuck in my mouth

Last reply
  • sore throat for one year now

Had one year of sore thoart or inflammed throat. I did go to gps. Specilalusts, had nose operation, scope done to see throat clearly,, nothing , didnt help at all. Many antibiotic courses, remedies, liquids to wash throat. No sign of improvement. I m tired of it. Doctors suspected gerd, though my stomach...

Last reply
  • Throat pain for months! HELP! :((((

Hello! I am desperate! So I have had throat pain since November 1st, 2017. I can't remember if I felt it before halloween but I definitely felt it the morning after.  On halloween night I put liquid eyeliner all over my lips. Looking back on it I feel stupid for doing that. I ate food such as...

Last reply
  • Don’t know what to make of it?

Late on Saturday night I developed a sore throat. I was thinking it was jus allergies. I had the same pain in my throat Sunday as well, but didn’t have any other symptoms really. All the sudden, late Sunday night I developed a fever that came on very quickly. I felt awful, chills, dizziness, fatigue....

Posted
  • Strep Throat - Confusing Recovery

Hello, let me me start off by saying that I am a healthly 24 year old female. I usually never have any serious issues with my health (thankfully) other than the occasional cold & strep throat maybe once every 5 years.  I've been on a long journey of recovery from strep throat I had gotten...

Last reply
  • Piece of tonsil hanging off?!

So This all started a week ago when I was poking at my tonsil because I have tonsil stones, it started bleeding a lot which has NEVER happened before. I got a little concerned so I stop poking my tonsil, a couple days later my throat started getting really sore and was also getting earache on the same...

Posted
  • Swallowing problems for 12 weeks now

Just wondering if anybody has had this and found out what it was or what to do  It started 12 weeks ago with a sore throat swollen glands  Went to the drs given 2000 mg per day of penicillin v for 10 days  Didn’t make any difference went back to the drs and looked I. My mouth says there...

Last reply
  • Ache on left side of neck under jaw when swallowing for 3 weeks

Hello, I have been going into a deep depression because of this. It all started 3 weeks ago when I noticed I had a minor sore throat on the left side when swallowing saliva. I went to a walk-in clinic last week and have almost finished all the anti-biotics I was given for a supposed "sinus infection",...

Last reply
  • Tonsillitis??

So about 3 weeks ago I can down with a nasty bout of strep, I had a low fever, some chills, some pain swallowing. Well it lasted a week and it didnt get any better so I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed antibiotics for 10 days. Around the 4th day of taking them the strep went away. So basically...

Last reply
  • Feel like something stuck in my throat

Hi. I'm really hoping somebody can help me, can't find any discussions on here!  For the last few months I've had a feeling of having something stuck at the base of my throat or like a lump. It's not there all the time and comes and goes. I went to visit the doc and she had a look...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.