Lump of skin hanging off tonsil?

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi, I'm 19 years old. 

Friday morning I had the feeling of food stuck in the back of my throat. I checked later that night to find something hanging off my right tonsil. I have no idea what it is. Whether it came on suddenly or if it's been there a while, I don't know.

There is no pain coming from it, no sore throat etc. I went to the Doctors today and they referred me to the hospital for an appointment, but it's over a month away. The Doctor didn't know what is was so I am still concerned as to what it is.

It's about 2cm long and moves around freely, please see attached photo's, thanks.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I woke up with the exact same thing this morning. I'd be really grateful if you could let me know if you found out what it was?

Many thanks in advance!

• Posted

Did you ever find out?? Please please respond. I'm freaking out...

• Posted

did you have something similar? If so, did you ever find out what it was?
    • Posted

update for any new people: i had this and i went to get seen for it and medical on my ship (im a sailor) didnt know what it was but it ended up going away on its own, shrinking little by little each day. it was gone in about a week or two.

• Edited

Hi. I'm 19 years old, and found the exact same thing, in the same spot, with the same feelings this morning! I would love to know what you find out...

Thank you!

• Posted

i never found out what it was. mine went way in its Own after about a week or two

i gargles with warm salt water a lot. idk if that helped or just time

• Posted

i didnt get an answer to what mine was either but it went away in about a week or two.

• Posted

i have something similar , mine is just

behind the tonsil and it dangles down, its the same colour as tonsil, the shape is almost like a raindrop. ive had it a few months, everyday it feels like something stuck in my throat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.