A subject people dont seem to talk about....

Posted , 8 users are following.

it's not something that you discuss as such, but not much information available online either regarding this...

my question is, when is it safe to try to be intimate with your partner after a thr?

I'm not after graphic details, just want to know when it's safe to try and what to expect?

thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Vickie

That took a bit of courage alright lol . It was first question I asked doctor and and then about running . He just said whenever I felt comfortable and for me two weeks exactly for full intercourse . im a male so dont know if this would be different for females. The obligatory paperwork gives 6 weeks for everything lol but I've never been one to not push the boundaries. To be honest I was worried first time . Hope this helps and I am sure you will get some advice from others .

• Posted

Hi Vickie,

Think the general advice is 6 weeks, 3 weeks for me. Everyone is different so just wait and see how you are feeling. There's no hard and fast rule!

Best wishes

Sarah

• Posted

Me? I didn't bother even trying for 3 months. I was just scared of dislocating the damned hip joint!! But I'm sure it would have been OK sooner. There are other ways to get intimate without the full shebang! All the best. Sure you will find what, suits you! Xx

• Posted

6 weeks to be safe or what your doctor suggests . let your body be your guide. Dont go crazy and lot of info on the Web

• Posted

as you know vickie im 8 weeks post op now . .. i havnt been intimate with my partner yet as he feels he would hurt me and i feel ill hurt myself ! it was 6 weeks with the first hip and it was a bit awkward as your mind wanders off a bit during .. they day masonary (man on top) at 6 weeks . im not sure im allowed to say this but .. when we eventually were intimate i found doggy style easier , not on the bed but standing up bent slightly forward .. hope this helps and hope i dont get into trouble for this reply lol

• Posted

tbh sally that's the position I thought would be easier. missionary I thought would be more pressure on the hip.

I dont go for my check up now till after 9wks pre op, so cannot ask my consultant and dont want to wait that long, but hoping for a valentines weekend away when I will be 8wks.

we have been intimate but not that way yet, but I just want to be safe.

thank you all.. for all your comments

• Posted

hi I was told 6 weeks.

just go very slow and see how it goes.

good luck lol.

• Posted

well were were talking today and checking online what positions you can and cannot try and tbh it's like a minefield....

hubby worried about missionary incase hurts me.

dog way seems a no no going off internet.

omg its put fear of god in us...

we are waiting till 6/7 wks as we are going away for valentines but its worried hell out of me which way to try and safest...

sorry I know not a walkable topic 🙊🙈

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.