A surprising remedy for gout.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 59 years old male and I have been getting gout two to five time each year for the past 10 years. I've tried everything. I recently discovered something that really works besides time and lots of water. My last flare up was one of my worst. This time in my big toe. I always drink lots of water and soak my foot in ice water. I even try to fast. I recently discovered my home remedy was sitting on my shelf for the last five years and I didn't even know it. I became a connoisseur of single malt scotch whiskey five years ago. Please note I'm a social drinker at best, usually beer. While soaking my foot I was surfing the net and found out that single malt scotch is a potent antioxidant, more than any other spirit and red wine. I was about three days into a soaking regiment when I discovered the benefits of scotch so I drank three ounces/shots in one sitting. For the next three days I continued to soak my foot in the evening for at least 2 hours and drank three ounces of scotch each time. I also continued to drink plenty of water. Each morning the swelling and pain was less. After the fourth day of adding scotch to my remedy list I was able to walk without a limp. Although I'm not excited to experience my next flare up, I am excited to know that I can thwart a full fledged flare up by drinking a few ounces of single malt scotch. I wish all of you the best and hope you find this works for you too. One final note. Please do not drink and drive.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.