Skip to content

Gout and Pseudogout

Also known as Pseudogout

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Allopurinol

Following two gout attacks in 6 months my doctor prescribed Allopurinol as a defense against further attacks. After taking this for two days my bp has risen from 140/75 to 175/80. The data sheet gives that high blood pressure is a rare side effect. Sure has scared me so I've given it up. Anyone …

Last reply
  • Foot pain without redness or swelling

Over the past 2 weeks I have suffered pain in my to on seem to be the tips of my toes its like nerve damage it comes and goes but when I get it its hard to walk, there's no swelling and no redness, has anyone else came across this and is it anything to do with gout

Last reply
  • need some advice

hello sir/ma'am i am 27 years old and suffered gout from the past. then my doctor prescribed to me febuxostat 40mg per day after 3 months i was gout free till now. my problem is since i started taking it my face has been having a lot of pimples and acne. i have been in a lot of facial and some …

Last reply
  • My Experience with Gout first time...

There was continuous pain on my toe and I just ignored it I thought maybe I hurt myself, but the pain would not subside, was taking some pain killers previously this pain would subside within few days, but this was a different pain, it was numbing everywhere on right feet, and as if needles where …

Last reply
  • Gout in different locations

I’m a 29 year old who has gout. Recently I’ve noticed I’ve been getting more frequent attacks. My current gout attack occurrs in my left knee. After a couple of days it moved to my second toe and feet. Is this common? I’ve been off my feet for almost two weeks. 

Last reply
  • Cholchicine

I have just started cholchicine for pseudogout. Can someone tell me how long it might take to make a difference if it is going to help? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Husband has gout and keeps drinking!

My husband has terrible gout but refuses to quit drinking. Just upped his allopurinol from 100 mgs to  300mgs. He now thinks that he does not have to watch what he eats and drinks. Anyone know if he will be able to control it this way? I have read up about it and tried to reason with him but …

Last reply
  • Can high uric acid affect muscle repair?

I know that my uric acid levels are currently very high (11.4mg/dL). I have a doctor's appointment booked to discuss. However I'm really suffering at the moment. I over used my upper body a few days ago. I knew I'd be left aching for a day or so but now it has been three days and my …

Last reply
  • How long does gout in the toe last?

I don't have an official diagnosis because have not been able to have blood work yet. But my doctor said the injury to my toe certainly looks like gout. Only issue is that the toe is still sore after 11 days, although the swelling and discomfort are much less and I am no longer taking …

Last reply
  • Husband has chronic gout difficulty controling it please help

Hello we live in Indonesia and my husband has chronic gout diagnosed before we moved here.  He is on Allopurinol 600mg BID and Prednisone 20 mg BID.  This seems to control it but for obvious reasons we do not want him on pred longterm.  The doctors here cannot do a uric acid test and …

Last reply
  • Is it possible to have gout with less pain?

Last Thursday night the joint in my big toe gave a twinge and within a few hours the joint was red, swollen and painful to touch. I googled and the symptoms were typical for gout except the pain never went beyond 7 or 7.5/10 (I did not rush to painkillers but have had some ibuprofen and panadol.) …

Last reply
  • Pseudogout and joint replacement

Has anyone had a joint replacement on a body part affected by pseudogout? Suggestion that I have my knee replaced, but am very concerned how I would do the exercises to heal it with the inflammation and pain.

Last reply
  • Misdiagnosed gout

I have been getting pain and loss of mobility in my wrists and hands for a few months now, it is often hard to pick things up or do things that require wrist strength, driving the car increases the pain. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with gout, the medication did not help, and I have now …

Last reply
  • Do you think I have gout?

Hi, just found this gout forum today and thought I'd make a post in case anyone was willing to give me their opinion - thanks. Would appreciate your views on whether on not you believe Im suffering from gout or something else. For 5 months I've had fairly symmetrical pains throughout my …

Last reply
  • Gout

I've had pain in my left big toe for the last 2 years on and off but the last couple of weeks it's been hurting more and more so I went doctors and he said it sounds like you have gout will have to do some bloods so had my blood taken today just waiting on results now the pain is now …

Last reply
  • Diuretics and gout

Hi all.  I have been having gout for around six months.  I took a twenty-four hour urine test and my uric acid was 896.  (My regular blood test showed uric acid of 7.2). I think I may have solved my problem.  I have been on Torsemide ( a loop diuretic) for heart failure and …

Last reply
  • 9.3 UA

Hi All, So long story short, i had been diagnosed with "gout" a couple years ago. I never got the typical gout pain on the big toe, but it seems to alway attack the back of my heel or side and top of my foot. Of recent times I went off Allopurinol 300mg because i was getting constant …

Last reply
  • I am 65 and have almost unbearable Psudo Gout

Affected today are my ankles, knees, hips, wrists (rod inserted, now cant bend my wrist), elbows, shoulders, and back spasms. Last few days have wet myself several times due to immobility. I'm not looking for sympathy...how do others handle it. I have been on Morphine/Percocet with monthly …

Last reply
  • Was it Gout?

Hello all.. I have a question. (Background: 27, mixed race male) So yesterday morning I woke up with intense pain in my big toe after falling asleep on my couch the previous night (I’m a tall guy, so I basically take up the whole length of the couch). I figured initially somehow while I was …

Last reply
  • My story

Read a few links on here, some of which really resonated with me so thought I'd share my story. I'm 40. Been suffering with gout like symptoms for approx 7 years, which have always been on my right ankle - which I badly fractured as a teenager. Diagnosis was a nightmare. First flare ups …

Last reply
  • Set and forget

Hi all, Once your gout has stabilised on allopurinol, do you “set and forget” or do you take 6 monthly or yearly blood work to see if you are in the UA range your doctor advises?

Last reply
  • Pureen

I wanted to find out about pureen that is inhibited from breaking down after i took gout medicine. What will high pureen do to our body?

Last reply
  • My gout fix after 17 years

Thought I would share my story. Suffered with gout for 17 years since I was 28. Been on 300mg allopurinal and continue to so do . Like so many others you realise reading article after article were all different and different things set off different people. You also begin to wonder how much stuff …

Last reply
  • Gout or no?

Back in September I got my uric acid results being 9.5. I got retested in November and the levels remained the same. I changed my eating habits and started exercising for the rest of the year, however, after the holidays and new year. In February, I got tested again and results came back to 8.5! …

Last reply
  • prolong gout attack

I have been experiencing what it seems multiple gout attacks for the past 5 weeks. It all started on the back of my right foot where the aquilles meets the heel and my GP thougth at first it was a tendonitis. A couple of days later it moved to the outer ankle, same foot. Two days later, to the big …

Last reply
  • Colchcine and pseudogout

I have had pseudogout for almost two yea r s. Was in six joints, but now only one knee. Recommendation that I take colchcine. Any one been on long term prescription? What I read doesn't make me want to start it. Help,!

Last reply
  • GOUT FEVER

Hi…I am new to the forum.  Please could you advise on polyarticular gout and fever. I am 56, carrying 17.5 stones & have sufferered coventional gout for years with the usual swollen ankle, elbow or whatever.  I did take allopurinol for some time, but stopped last year – long story/ …

Last reply
  • colchicine

When first starting lowering Uric acid treatment, how long have you stayed on colchicine as a daily preventative?

Posted
  • Gout misery.....

So I got my first attack of gout completely out of the blue in February. I'm 37, I've no other medical problems or on any other medications but I am a bit overweight and not on a particularly healthy diet, but I don't take any alcohol.  I rode the initial symptoms out with …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.