Gout and steroid injections

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm having a real bad attack of the dreaded gout. I've had two attacks before, one 6 years ago, the other 20 years ago but each time it lasted a few days and ibuprofen defeated it. This attack is now three weeks long and ibuprofen, colchicine and Prednisolone have all failed I'm afraid to say. While i chomp on cherries here can anyone advise me on steroid injections? i start work three weeks today, I'm a bit nervous about it and so is my boss. The injections will cost but I'm at the stage where i really don't care i just want an end to this hell. best wishes to all fellow sufferers of this damned thing.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.