Gout Suffers Rejoice

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've recently learn I have a small case of gout in my left knee. which I thought was a torn ligament or something worse. The area around my knee cap was swollen and the worse day was last Fri. The pain was extremely terrible, but not so much that I was seeing stars. This has forced me/us to start eating better. We drove to a naturist store near Western Maryland and located several supplements one being a bitter cherry extract in pill form. At one point I though eating all types of cherry would be beneficial, but the bitter cherry which is very difficult to eat raw, should be taken in pill form. Although we purchased several essential oils to help with the swelling, We were not impressed with this store. My wife has taken it upon her self to create these oils herself. The other part of this story and because I like sodas to much to stop drinking them. I've just found Sierra Mist which is caffeine free and contains zero high fructose corn syrup. Moral of this story, read the labels as there are products on the shelf which can help you cut cravings and you can still enjoy many of the same type of products you've always loved. We're happy to say the swelling has gone down significantly over the last few days and that I'm walking better and eating right and yes you can have coffee, just make mine decaf.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.