A ten day headache!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. I'm in the process of reducing with hopes of getting of Cit. I'm now down to 27.5 mg's from 40. I've been doing it 2.5 mg's at a time for two week periods. Anyone know if these headaches are a normal part of reducing? Just so sick of feeling crappy.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are splitting tablets so you will be getting headaches, you are not allowing your body to reduce in a proper way.

Talk to your GP He will instruct you in reducing your medication safely

BOB

• Posted

Hi John

Not sure why you have this lengthy headache - you're reducing by a small amount.  Why not stay on the dose you're on and wait for the headache to subside before venturing further?  It may be you get a headache with each reduction, so stay put each time til it goes.

Yes talk to your doctor too, though I'm sure he'll say you're doing all the right things.

K x

• Posted

Good day Miss Kate. Tks for the reply. I've been feeling a bit better the last few days. I plan on staying the course as I have spoken to a pharmacist and she told me I'm doing this the right way. Only issues I have is lack of sleep and tinnitus but I can put up with this. She tild me to try melatonin again and I plan on doing that. Other than thise two issues its not going too bad. When I dont get a good nights sleep though I seem to have a crappy day the next day. Enjoy your day!!!!!

• Posted

Hi there John.  Yes lack of sleep can certainly give you a headache plus all sorts of other things.  Good idea to try melatonin again.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.