A week after treatment for h.pylori

Posted , 1 user is following.

I just got off the treatment for H.pylori a week ago.  I was feeling okay, but then I drank some red wine last night and woke up to a itchiness in the vagina.  I’ve had this off and on before the treatment, during and after. Scheduled to do my breath test in a month to see if the h.pylori has been eradicated.  My concern is this chronic urticaria. It appears to be getting better as the reactions flare up and heal quickly, but it’s constant now.  Any amount of sugar seems to cause me to hyper-salivate as well , even if it is a small amount like two Hershey kisses. One thing that I’m glad has stopped since treatment is that gnawing pit in my chest like an ulcer. Has anyone else had these symptoms to do with h.pylori or after treatment? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm really sorry to hear about your diagnosis of H-Pylori. I can't be of much help with the female problems though , as I am male.

But I was diagnosed with H-Pylori in 2016. It was eradicated

But left me with ulcers and gastritis. As I understand it , there's no cure for chronic gastritis. I still have abdominal pain in 2018. It's changed my life completely. I guess some people get cured though and I hope , with all my heart ,that you are one of them. I can't really give any advice that works though since I've tried them all without success. So, with that , I wish you all the luck in the world.

• Posted

Thanks Jessie for your honest feedback. I get what you’re saying about trying things that don’t seem to be working. I’m starting to think I’ve got allergies to foods I’ve never had before like fish and eggs, but may only be the bacteria. I hope the bacteria at least gets resolved, but from what I’ve read not knowing and getting a late diagnosis the damage has already been done to most of us. Guess it explains why you’ve got gastritis that cannot be cured you just have to eat in a way not to aggravate it. I’m sorry to hear you’ve got to deal with ulcers and chronic gastritis. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.