Skip to content
Ad

Duodenal Ulcer

Also known as Gastric Ulcer, H Pylori, Peptic Ulcer Disease, Stomach Ulcer, Ulcer - Stomach

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Silent reflux nightmare ?

Don't know what's wrong . I'm on omeprozole and have no heartburn or acid reflux that I know about but my throat feels sore and like a lump is there just past where tongue drops down throat and keep getting a horrible cold sensation in mouth and throat and it spreads into nasal area . Don't...

Last reply
  • What can my chest tightness be from?

I went to doctor last week because my throws was killing me, I was told I have a sinus infection. I'm day 3 on antibiotics but I also feel shortness of breath at times and I clear my throat. I don't k ow what it can be. But I'm so scared it's something really bad. I feel that's making...

Last reply
  • H PYLORI TREATMENT FAILED!!! IS THIS NORMAL? PLEASE HElP

Hey guys, this is my first post here, my first h pylori treatment failed and it consist of clarithryomin? something like that and amoxcillin and omerpezole. While i was on the treatment my sympotoms were gone and i felt good for like 1 week or so then i had to do a re test and it came out positive and...

Last reply
  • Some h pylori symptoms have returned

Hello everyone, about a month and a half ago, I began to feel unwell like I had a flu or something. I also noticed blocked nostrils and sometimes food regurgitation. And then pressure in my mid rib cage.  When I went to the pharmacy, the pharmacist said he suspected an ulcer so I went to a hospital...

Last reply
  • Apple Cider Vinegar hurt my ulcer

Yesterday I did two shots of Apple Cider Vinegar because I was worried about some food I had eaten earlier. It burned bad and hurt my ucler really really bad. yesterday I had stomach burning and today I have an upset stomach. the advice nurse said I must have burned my stomach lining. I havent felt well...

Last reply
  • Planning meals to aid the healing of a duodenal ulcer

I've just been diagnosed with having a duodenal ulcer and spent the night in the hospital.  They gave me only liquids while in there and although there was no suggested meals information, they did say to stay on a clear liquids diet ..... for the most part.  What exactly does that mean???...

Last reply
  • Help....Just Diagnosed with Intestinal Metaplasia

Can someone please help me to understand Intestinal Metaplasia... I did an endoscopy on July and found out that I have Antral-type muscosa with intestinal metaplasia... No HP are identified...I found this out from patient portal....the doctor didn't even mention that I have IM...he just said that...

Last reply
  • H Pylori exasperated

Hi, I'm 22 yr old, 5' 10  and 130 pounds. I started symptoms around a year ago or maybe even longer. I get chills in my upper body (chest and upper abdomen) and bloating, pain in the chest and abdomen (and formerly my back as well). I constantly feel bloated but hungry at the same time....

Last reply
  • Gastritis timeline to cure

How I cured my gastritis? I had the below symptoms 1. Stomach churning due to excessive gas 2. Lots of Belching after I eat 3. Burning sensation in stomach if I eat something with even light spice 4. Stomach upset keeping me awake at night 5. Bloated stomach after i eat 6. Feeling full even if I eat...

Last reply
  • H. pylori and now spot on liver and lung.

Has anyone had this happen to them and spots been benign? This is all I need now in life. How do you cope when things like this happen? The antibiotics are kicking my rear end and worry now about cancer. Let me know if any of you have had this. Thank you

Last reply
  • Cabbage juice for ulcer

Hi, I heard that cabbage juice can heal a stomach ulcer. Does someone tried this here? If yes, how long does it take to the ulcer to heal and how many cabbage juice do you drink a day? Thank you

Last reply
  • Stomach pains directly after eating

Hello all, I've decided to seek peer help before I go wasting money on what could just be paranoia. I've been having these pains between my ribs and naval for perhaps a week, now. They happen directly after eating, and occasionally start during my meals. I thought it wasn't such a big...

Last reply
  • After H Pylori

Hi everyone,I have posted here before,I have been treated for h pylori,antibiotics and lansoprazole.Prior to treatment I had complete loss of appetite and loss of weight.Although by force feeding I am keeping my weight between 117 pounds and 118.I still have no appetite,most worrying is I am losing body...

Last reply
  • Still feel unwell after Helicobacter Pylori Treatment

Hi, I had symptoms for about 2 months, nausea and upper abdominal gwaning feeling, plus appetite affected and had waves in the day feeling generally unwell , I think it was brought on due to a stressful situation. I went to the doctors and tested positive for helicobacter pylori. I have completed the...

Last reply
  • H pylori

I went for weeks not knowing what was wrong with me. I went to the ER 3 times and then to urgent care. Urgent care prescribed 3 meds, one made me nauseaous. The dr told me to stop taking clarithromyocin. Still not feeling well, and I ended up back in the ER. This new doctor, told me to take the clari,...

Posted
  • Diagnosed with Intestinal Metaplasia

I'm worried to death....I've been dx with IM and am freaking out not knowing what my future holds.  Can anyone tell me anything about it, does it automatically turn into cancer, if so how long does a person have.  I'm dumbfounded.  My doctor put me on an anti and told me to...

Last reply
  • I've had abdominal pain for 2 weeks, stomach ulcer?

Hi everyone. This is my first post / forum on Patient so thank you for taking the time to read. I am a 24 year old male from the North East of England. Two weeks ago (Thursday 20th April 2017) whilst at work I got a sudeen painful stomach, it felt like kind of a trapped wind, awful pain. I managed to...

Last reply
  • Ulcer - Pain under right rib cage

Hi, would it be possible for a peptic/duodenal ulcer to cause pain on right side under rib cag/right breast only.... and no other symptoms.  I had pain in this area... had an ultrasound... tiny gallstones seen.... The pain was then diagnosed as being gallstone related and i was told i would need...

Last reply
  • Overnights and meds

I take 1 tylenol, 1 5 mg melatonin and zoloft 25mg's at bedtime.... also just started taking 40mg's of omeprazole before dinner as well as prior to breakfast......... last evening I woke at 1 am as well as night before with much stomach discomfort .... could not sleep anymore which is first experience...

Posted
  • Omeprazole for ulcer?

my doc now wants me to take omeprazole before breakfast and dinner.... 40 mg's.... I am taking a probiotic.... am I getting any benefit from it?..... anyone have any adverse reactions to omeprazole?

Last reply
  • No diagnosis

Ive had stomach ache for over a month. On some occassions it has been a sharp pain but mostly it is a persistent gnawing pain. I had blood in the stool and mucus too. However my blood tests were clear. I had a colonoscopy too which didnt find anything at all. But the symptoms continue. Could it be a...

Last reply
  • Dicyclomine (bentylol)

Hi, I take bentylol and prevacid and I have ulcer. My ulcer won't heal and it has been like this for almost 1 year. Do you think it's because of the bentylol? Thanks

Posted
  • Have burning stomach /belly/ abdominal pain

I'm diognised with celiac disease gluten free fr 2 years Recently last month I'm having burning stomach pain Belly and abdominal And shoulder neck pain other then that nothing Went to doc he said I'm not constipated No blood in stools no sickness no pregnant either Please has any had...

Last reply
  • Positive recovery after helicobactor pylori

Hi has anyone had any positive recovery after helicobactor pylori. I know 2 people that have had it and seem ok. Yet I had it , done the antibiotics which was hell and have lost a lot of weight and still don't feel right . Is this normal I'm still on omeperzole but feel something after I've...

Last reply
  • Hope after H Pylori eradication.

Hello guys! I am a H Pylori recovery and my symptoms of acid reflux are gone! There is hope and do not give up your fight against this horrible decease. After the H Pylori is eradicated the burping and farting will continue for months. Eliminate your morning coffee and do not use any alcohol. Start using...

Last reply
  • Abdominal pains and other strange symptoms for 5 weeks

Hi, I have been having intermittent upper abdominal pains for 5 weeks now and I still have no diagnosis. The pain is mainly on the left hand side behind the ribs and is sometimes felt in my side and back. Ocassionally I get pains on the right as well. These pains are intermittent and I have an overall...

Last reply
  • Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and the kidneys....

I posted this in the kidney forum but no answers so thought I would ask in here.... I have been taking Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) for a few month and I only learned today that they are not good for people with CKD?  Anyone explain why?  I have googled and many sites but they just seem...

Last reply
  • At my wits end with this.

Hello, I have suffered for over 15 years with stomach and digestive issues. I'm 27 years old and had a very nasty appendectomy when I was 13. For months prior I was vomitting everyday for more than 8 weeks. Since then I have suffered with, what I am told is acid reflux. I have been on Lansoperazole...

Posted
  • Sleep problems

Hi everyone, Since the symptoms occurred I have been having sleep problems. Interesting enough, I don't feel any pain, but when I wake up at 2 o'clock at night, which happens regularly, I feel sort of tension in my whole body and it's difficult to get to sleep again. Sometimes I feel like...

Last reply
  • Sleeping with ulcers

For five months now I have been dealing with an ulcer but did not know that until the last month. The problem that I have is not pain but getting to sleep. Just as I relax and drift off I am awakin with a flutter in my stomach and I am wide awake. This happens over and over again till I am awake with...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.