Skip to content
Ad

Duodenal Ulcer

Also known as Gastric Ulcer, H Pylori, Peptic Ulcer Disease, Stomach Ulcer, Ulcer - Stomach

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help....Just Diagnosed with Intestinal Metaplasia

Can someone please help me to understand Intestinal Metaplasia... I did an endoscopy on July and found out that I have Antral-type muscosa with intestinal metaplasia... No HP are identified...I found this out from patient portal....the doctor didn't even mention that I have IM...he just said that...

Last reply
  • Chest tightness and shortness of breath due to duodenal ulcer

Did anyone with duodenal ulcer experienced chest pain and tightness,shortness of breath. I have used nexpro HP kit(nexium) for 1 week but symptoms doesn't go. I feel like I'm going to die sometimes. will any one suggest how to reduce chest tightness and shortness of breath. Is it normal to have...

Last reply
  • How to gain weight with a stomach ulcer?

I'm 19 yrs old. I am an H. Pylori patient and suffering from ulcer. My weight last 2016 is 91lbs and this 2017 my weight is 74lbs. Weight loss break down. I'm only 5'1(height). I'm so thin and everyone in my school teasing me stick/bone and I feel down and hurt.  I want to gain weight...

Last reply
  • Ulcer or something else?

Hello! I am new to the forum as I am at my wits end with my husband's mystery  stomach problems. He has had problems going back to June of 2016. He has had an endoscopy, a CT scan, MRI and an xray and all they have found is a peptic ulcer (no H. pylori present) in February of 2017 and a diagnosis...

Last reply
  • so miserable, my life on hold with this

I have divaticular disease with left side pain, it flared up rarely but I have low right side pain for 2 years, I feel no one believes me anymore. My Gp sent me to orthopaedics' no matter how much I said its bowel related he told me only an Asian person get divaticular on right. I'm just getting...

Last reply
  • Omeprazole for ulcer?

my doc now wants me to take omeprazole before breakfast and dinner.... 40 mg's.... I am taking a probiotic.... am I getting any benefit from it?..... anyone have any adverse reactions to omeprazole?

Last reply
  • H pylori. I don't know what to do anymore...

Hello and sorry for the long post. My symptoms started January of this year and it has been a constant nightmare of symptoms. Reflux, throat pain, lump in throat, stabbing pains and burning in the upper stomach, burping,heart palpitations, chest pain, throat clicking, chocking on nothing, nausea depression,...

Last reply
  • HELP!!

Hello and thank you for reading. I am new to the site and was hoping for outside opinions on something unusual. After never having any digestion issues pre 20 years old around 21 I started having extreme upper abdominal pains, sweating within about 20 minutes of eating anything spicy or heavily seasoned....

Last reply
  • Upset Stomach Due To Heart Medications

My dad gets upset stomach(uncomfortable and feels like vomiting) often, because he have to take 4 differnt medications(Lipito 40mg, Twynsta 80/5mg, Betaloc 50mg, Aspirin 100mg) every day since he had hearty surgery(Coronary angioplasty) back in 2010/2011.  He's been taking Twynsta...

Last reply
  • Advice please

I've had my test results back,duadeno ulcer,great relief, myself and my Doctor were expecting cancer. She is putting me onto strong anti acid medicine, however she isn't able to put me on any antibiotic because of my iffie ticker and drops for my only eye.Does anyone on this site know if it's...

Last reply
  • H-pylori treatment - feeling awful. Is this normal?

At the beginning of the week I started taking medication for a borderline h-pylori infection in my stomach. I seem to have been given an extraordinary amount of drugs to take (1000mg clarythromicin, 2000mg of amoxicillin, and 2 omeprazole per day). It's day 3 and I feel worse that's I did before...

Last reply
  • After H Pylori

Hi everyone,I have posted here before,I have been treated for h pylori,antibiotics and lansoprazole.Prior to treatment I had complete loss of appetite and loss of weight.Although by force feeding I am keeping my weight between 117 pounds and 118.I still have no appetite,most worrying is I am losing body...

Last reply
  • H-pylori gone but not the pain

Anout 7 months ago I was treated for H-pylori. 2 months later an endoscopy revealed it had been eradicated. The stomach pain persisted. Had a HIDA scan , normal , colonoscopy , normal , upper G I ,normal , heart cath , normal , another upper G I , normal. Had numerous ct scans , all normal. My upper...

Last reply
  • I've had abdominal pain for 2 weeks, stomach ulcer?

Hi everyone. This is my first post / forum on Patient so thank you for taking the time to read. I am a 24 year old male from the North East of England. Two weeks ago (Thursday 20th April 2017) whilst at work I got a sudeen painful stomach, it felt like kind of a trapped wind, awful pain. I managed to...

Last reply
  • What is it! Ulcer? H.pylori? Or just inflammation!

Hello all I'm Yas I'm 24 years old and right now going through the most debilitating time of my life, in terms of my health lol It all kicked 6 weeks ago when I started to vomit everything I ate. I was super worried and rushed myself (credit to uber) to a&e in which they diagnosed me with...

Last reply
  • Is this h pylori? PLEASE HELP!

Hello I'm 22 year old male seeking comfort this is my first time posting on this fourm, about 3 weeks about i started to feel abdominal/stomach pain lost all of appetite i lost about 8-6 pounds I weighed 168-166 lbs before I got sick and when I got weighed at the doctors I was at 160, felt fatigued,...

Last reply
  • H Pylori/Lansoprazole

Would anyone be able to tell me if it is the usual to take Lansoprazol after finishing a course of antibiotics.Also I have to take them for three months,just wondered why so long.And has anyone had any problems taking them.Any advice or help would be so appreciated.Thank you all.

Last reply
  • I am so depressed Pls i need help

Hi, One day i was rushed to ER. I was throwing up lots of foam and i had mild stomach pain. The doctor said I possibly have acid reflux and he prescribed me Pantoprazole and Rinitidine. Even after taking my health deteriorated. Next i went to another GP and she asked me for a blood test for H Pylori....

Last reply
  • What can my chest tightness be from?

I went to doctor last week because my throws was killing me, I was told I have a sinus infection. I'm day 3 on antibiotics but I also feel shortness of breath at times and I clear my throat. I don't k ow what it can be. But I'm so scared it's something really bad. I feel that's making...

Last reply
  • H Pylori exasperated

Hi, I'm 22 yr old, 5' 10  and 130 pounds. I started symptoms around a year ago or maybe even longer. I get chills in my upper body (chest and upper abdomen) and bloating, pain in the chest and abdomen (and formerly my back as well). I constantly feel bloated but hungry at the same time....

Last reply
  • Acute Gastritis OR Ulcer ?????

Hi, I'm 17 years old and I really need help.  On July 5th of this summer I went to a cottage in my area and drank some unclean water via the lake. I did not use sunscreen and had quite a bad sunburn. Now that I look back, my first day being there I was not as hungry for dinner as I usually am...maybe...

Last reply
  • Silent reflux nightmare ?

Don't know what's wrong . I'm on omeprozole and have no heartburn or acid reflux that I know about but my throat feels sore and like a lump is there just past where tongue drops down throat and keep getting a horrible cold sensation in mouth and throat and it spreads into nasal area . Don't...

Last reply
  • H PYLORI TREATMENT FAILED!!! IS THIS NORMAL? PLEASE HElP

Hey guys, this is my first post here, my first h pylori treatment failed and it consist of clarithryomin? something like that and amoxcillin and omerpezole. While i was on the treatment my sympotoms were gone and i felt good for like 1 week or so then i had to do a re test and it came out positive and...

Last reply
  • Some h pylori symptoms have returned

Hello everyone, about a month and a half ago, I began to feel unwell like I had a flu or something. I also noticed blocked nostrils and sometimes food regurgitation. And then pressure in my mid rib cage.  When I went to the pharmacy, the pharmacist said he suspected an ulcer so I went to a hospital...

Last reply
  • Apple Cider Vinegar hurt my ulcer

Yesterday I did two shots of Apple Cider Vinegar because I was worried about some food I had eaten earlier. It burned bad and hurt my ucler really really bad. yesterday I had stomach burning and today I have an upset stomach. the advice nurse said I must have burned my stomach lining. I havent felt well...

Last reply
  • Planning meals to aid the healing of a duodenal ulcer

I've just been diagnosed with having a duodenal ulcer and spent the night in the hospital.  They gave me only liquids while in there and although there was no suggested meals information, they did say to stay on a clear liquids diet ..... for the most part.  What exactly does that mean???...

Last reply
  • Gastritis timeline to cure

How I cured my gastritis? I had the below symptoms 1. Stomach churning due to excessive gas 2. Lots of Belching after I eat 3. Burning sensation in stomach if I eat something with even light spice 4. Stomach upset keeping me awake at night 5. Bloated stomach after i eat 6. Feeling full even if I eat...

Last reply
  • H. pylori and now spot on liver and lung.

Has anyone had this happen to them and spots been benign? This is all I need now in life. How do you cope when things like this happen? The antibiotics are kicking my rear end and worry now about cancer. Let me know if any of you have had this. Thank you

Last reply
  • Cabbage juice for ulcer

Hi, I heard that cabbage juice can heal a stomach ulcer. Does someone tried this here? If yes, how long does it take to the ulcer to heal and how many cabbage juice do you drink a day? Thank you

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.