Skip to content

Duodenal Ulcer

Also known as Gastric Ulcer, H Pylori, Peptic Ulcer Disease, Stomach Ulcer, Ulcer - Stomach

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lansoprazole Side Effects??

I’ve recently been put on Lansoprazole (30g) by my doctor due to constant non-stop deep burping and a uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, which only a large amount of Rennies will decrease every day. The doctor has not done any tests and has put me straight on these meds, one a day in the morning,...

Last reply
  • H-Pylori for 2 weeks

Hi I was diagnosed with H-pylori two weeks ago and my doctor told me to avoid spicy, acidic, fried foods, as well as caffeine and alcohol too. Well I’ve been doing that and finished two of the antibiotics amoxicillin and metronidazole and I’m still currently on the Pantropazole. She told me to continue...

Last reply
  • Still feel unwell after Helicobacter Pylori Treatment

Hi, I had symptoms for about 2 months, nausea and upper abdominal gwaning feeling, plus appetite affected and had waves in the day feeling generally unwell , I think it was brought on due to a stressful situation. I went to the doctors and tested positive for helicobacter pylori. I have completed the...

Last reply
  • H-Pylori for 2 weeks

Hi I was diagnosed with H-pylori two weeks ago and my doctor told me to avoid spicy, acidic, fried foods, as well as caffeine and alcohol too. Well I’ve been doing that and finished two of the antibiotics amoxicillin and metronidazole and I’m still currently on the Pantropazole. She told me to continue...

Last reply
  • Gastritis timeline to cure

How I cured my gastritis? I had the below symptoms 1. Stomach churning due to excessive gas 2. Lots of Belching after I eat 3. Burning sensation in stomach if I eat something with even light spice 4. Stomach upset keeping me awake at night 5. Bloated stomach after i eat 6. Feeling full even if I eat...

Last reply
  • After H Pylori

Hi everyone,I have posted here before,I have been treated for h pylori,antibiotics and lansoprazole.Prior to treatment I had complete loss of appetite and loss of weight.Although by force feeding I am keeping my weight between 117 pounds and 118.I still have no appetite,most worrying is I am losing body...

Last reply
  • Help....Just Diagnosed with Intestinal Metaplasia

Can someone please help me to understand Intestinal Metaplasia... I did an endoscopy on July and found out that I have Antral-type muscosa with intestinal metaplasia... No HP are identified...I found this out from patient portal....the doctor didn't even mention that I have IM...he just said that...

Last reply
  • Better late than never

On 3rd April 1959, at the age of 17 I underwent gastric surgery for a perforated peptic ulcer and had two thirds of my stomach removed which eventually led to a diagnosis of Pernicious Anaemia.. 59 years later I've just been informed by my doctor that a recent test "indicated moderate exocrine...

Posted
  • Stomache pain for a long time

I’m 53. I have been having pain in my stomach for 3 -4 months now.  Also a lot of air, Coming about of my mouth and  Also wind (without smell).  My poe (whats the proper name in English?) is fine.  The pain is on a level of 3-10  It also sits in my chest. I took acid reducers...

Posted
  • Nausea after H-Pylori Treatment

I have had light to moderate nausea for about 3 months now. The symptoms are intermittent. Sometimes I could go 3 days or more with barely any issues. Then, the nausea would just sort of arise. Sometimes 2 hrs after eating, sometimes just randomly. I took an H. Pylori stool test in January 2018 and it...

Posted
  • How to gain weight with a stomach ulcer?

I'm 19 yrs old. I am an H. Pylori patient and suffering from ulcer. My weight last 2016 is 91lbs and this 2017 my weight is 74lbs. Weight loss break down. I'm only 5'1(height). I'm so thin and everyone in my school teasing me stick/bone and I feel down and hurt.  I want to gain weight...

Last reply
  • 4cm hiatus hernia & inflamed ulcer

Hi guys ,  Had an endoscopy last week, I was diagnosed with an Esophageal ulcer that has a 5ml inflamed nodle, biopsies came back fine. A hiatus hernia and mild gastritis. The ulcer is due to the hiatus hernia.  I had no painful symptoms , mild change of bowel movements for a couple of years. ...

Posted
  • Diagnosed with H Pylor. Lots of weird symptoms..

I’ve been feeling like crap for the last year or so, and have been struggling to get answers. Regular doctors have dismissed me as either depressed and/or anxious/stressed because nothing was coming back via blood work and CT scans, but I refuse to accept that as my diagnoses as I know my body and know...

Last reply
  • Perforated Duodenal Ulcer

I had a duodenal ulcer and didn't know it...not until it ruptured and I experienced the worst pain of my life. And I've had several surgeries and given birth! I had been seeing a doctor for stomach pain who diagnosed acid reflux without doing any tests. I also suffer from terrible headaches and,...

Last reply
  • Spacing Sucralfate and Zantac?

I have been prescribed Zantac 2x day 30-60 mins before meals & Sucralfate (Carafate) 1MG 4x a day. The Sucralfate has to be taken 1 hr before or 2 hrs after a meal. I am also on Levothyroxine which i take upon waking daily. I have to wait at least 2 hrs after Levothyroxine to take the Sucralfate,...

Posted
  • Possibly H Pylori

Hi everyone, For a month now I have not been feeling well. Main complaint is nausea. Had an ultrasound done and it showed gallbladder sludge so my Dr sent me for a HIdA scan. That came back normal. I am still pretty nauseous. I looked up symptoms online for H Pylori and I have everything. I’m waiting...

Posted
  • ULCERS

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY TREATED A ULCER CAUSED BY HPYLORI  WITH VIRGIN OLIVE OIL?

Posted
  • Possible ulcer?

I have posted a couple of questions here so far,I am just trying to figure out what I could possibly have. Let me just state that I have been to my doctor but I'm now waiting to see a Gi doctor which I can't until April 3rd😭!  Ok I get this pain about twice or 3 times a month I would...

Posted
  • Stomach ulcers

Hi all looking for bit of advice i been In constant pain for 7 weeks now waiting to have endscopy appointment been in a&e twice currently taking omprazole twice a day. Current on my fourth week of sick from work My pain has definately got worse having burning sensation up my back and the pain seems...

Posted
  • Please respond :(

Hi all, I posted a few days ago and didn’t really have much luck getting responses. Hopefully it goes better today.  I was diagnosed with H. Pylori recently and am on day six out of ten of the antibiotics. It has been far from fun, and I don’t feel like they are working as I’ve had diarrhea every...

Last reply
  • Follow up to last post (unanswered)

Hi all, I posted a couple of weeks ago before I started my triple therapy but didn't get any responses to that post. Just wanted to do a follow up now... I am half way through my triple therapy.  I don't actually feel any better yet (although I don’t really expect to at this early...

Posted
  • A week after treatment for h.pylori

I just got off the treatment for H.pylori a week ago.  I was feeling okay, but then I drank some red wine last night and woke up to a itchiness in the vagina.  I’ve had this off and on before the treatment, during and after. Scheduled to do my breath test in a month to see if the h.pylori has...

Last reply
  • Do I have ulcers? Please Help!

Summary . Stabbing pains all over ribs and abdominal . Belly button feels like it's ripping inside. Pain is constant but Gets excruciating if I eat a large meal to where stomach feels like it wants to rip open and Bloated . Hurts bend over or twist hurts to laugh or cough or sneeze . Can't...

Last reply
  • Blood in stool

I am 16 years old, and saw blood in my stool. At first it was only blood when I wipe it with tissue on the second day but today (third day) there was blood when I poop (diarrhea). I’ve never had any sexual intercourse l, nor am I pregnant (don’t even have a boyfriend). But I’ve been stress lately and...

Last reply
  • Hpylori

Hi I'm wondering if it's ok to take hpylori treatment after having a negative result from a stool sample due to being on pantoprazole at the time.i was given it n stayed on it for several weeks then had endoscopy but no swabs to check for it even though I had been promised by Dr this would happen.a...

Posted
  • Could this be h pylori?

Have suffered with kidney trouble for years,and always seem to have pelvic pain. Am being monitored by Urologist. However, in November I doubled up with stomach,not pelvic,pain.Tried to get it to pass. Seemed like trapped wind. Also I had a nasty taste in my mouth,like sucking pennies.This made me very...

Posted
  • H pylori diagnosis 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone I was diagnosed with h pylori 2 weeks ago took antibiotics for 1 week came off them last Friday. Felt much better however today I am starting with pain again in my stomach and getting a distant heart burn. I've changed my diet and and am trying the mastic gum. I'm at my wits end I...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.