Skip to content

Duodenal Ulcer

New discussion Join group Also known as Gastric Ulcer, H Pylori, Peptic Ulcer Disease, Stomach Ulcer, Ulcer - Stomach

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• cathy10988 2

Overnights and meds

I take 1 tylenol, 1 5 mg melatonin and zoloft 25mg's at bedtime.... also just started taking 40mg's of omeprazole before dinner as well as prior to breakfast......... last evening I woke at 1 am as well as night before with much stomach discomfort .... could not sleep anymore which is first experience...

0 replies 0 votes Reply to cathy10988

All discussions in this group

Next
  • ckc93 1

I've had abdominal pain for 2 weeks, stomach ulcer?

Hi everyone. This is my first post / forum on Patient so thank you for taking the time to read. I am a 24 year old male from the North East of England. Two weeks ago (Thursday 20th April 2017) whilst at work I got a sudeen painful stomach, it felt like kind of a trapped wind, awful pain. I managed to...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • nichola34000 2

Peptic ulcer not getting better 5 months later....at my wits end...

Hi,  I am new here, so 'hello' first of all and I really hope I can find some help here. Nearly five months ago, I woke up in the morning feeling 'off'. I assumed I was just getting sick...again....because before that morning, I was suffering from all sorts of health issues. I felt like I was constantly...

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • carol38455 3

Ulcer - Pain under right rib cage

Hi, would it be possible for a peptic/duodenal ulcer to cause pain on right side under rib cag/right breast only.... and no other symptoms.  I had pain in this area... had an ultrasound... tiny gallstones seen.... The pain was then diagnosed as being gallstone related and i was told i would need surgery...

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • beverley14462 2
  • cathy10988 2

Overnights and meds

I take 1 tylenol, 1 5 mg melatonin and zoloft 25mg's at bedtime.... also just started taking 40mg's of omeprazole before dinner as well as prior to breakfast......... last evening I woke at 1 am as well as night before with much stomach discomfort .... could not sleep anymore which is first experience...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • rocco60618 2
  • cathy10988 2

Omeprazole for ulcer?

my doc now wants me to take omeprazole before breakfast and dinner.... 40 mg's.... I am taking a probiotic.... am I getting any benefit from it?..... anyone have any adverse reactions to omeprazole?

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • wael08628 2

Cabbage juice for ulcer

Hi, I heard that cabbage juice can heal a stomach ulcer. Does someone tried this here? If yes, how long does it take to the ulcer to heal and how many cabbage juice do you drink a day? Thank you

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Roseability2 1

No diagnosis

Ive had stomach ache for over a month. On some occassions it has been a sharp pain but mostly it is a persistent gnawing pain. I had blood in the stool and mucus too. However my blood tests were clear. I had a colonoscopy too which didnt find anything at all. But the symptoms continue. Could it be a...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • wael08628 2

Dicyclomine (bentylol)

Hi, I take bentylol and prevacid and I have ulcer. My ulcer won't heal and it has been like this for almost 1 year. Do you think it's because of the bentylol? Thanks

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • lisa7866 2

Have burning stomach /belly/ abdominal pain

I'm diognised with celiac disease gluten free fr 2 years Recently last month I'm having burning stomach pain Belly and abdominal And shoulder neck pain other then that nothing Went to doc he said I'm not constipated No blood in stools no sickness no pregnant either Please has any had this symptoms...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • michelle53099 2

Positive recovery after helicobactor pylori

Hi has anyone had any positive recovery after helicobactor pylori. I know 2 people that have had it and seem ok. Yet I had it , done the antibiotics which was hell and have lost a lot of weight and still don't feel right . Is this normal I'm still on omeperzole but feel something after I've eaten....

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • louise63558 2

Still feel unwell after Helicobacter Pylori Treatment

Hi, I had symptoms for about 2 months, nausea and upper abdominal gwaning feeling, plus appetite affected and had waves in the day feeling generally unwell , I think it was brought on due to a stressful situation. I went to the doctors and tested positive for helicobacter pylori. I have completed the...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gopi86 2

Gastritis timeline to cure

How I cured my gastritis? I had the below symptoms 1. Stomach churning due to excessive gas 2. Lots of Belching after I eat 3. Burning sensation in stomach if I eat something with even light spice 4. Stomach upset keeping me awake at night 5. Bloated stomach after i eat 6. Feeling full even if I eat...

14 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • AurelG 1

Hope after H Pylori eradication.

Hello guys! I am a H Pylori recovery and my symptoms of acid reflux are gone! There is hope and do not give up your fight against this horrible decease. After the H Pylori is eradicated the burping and farting will continue for months. Eliminate your morning coffee and do not use any alcohol. Start using...

• harry04007 2

Abdominal pains and other strange symptoms for 5 weeks

Hi, I have been having intermittent upper abdominal pains for 5 weeks now and I still have no diagnosis. The pain is mainly on the left hand side behind the ribs and is sometimes felt in my side and back. Ocassionally I get pains on the right as well. These pains are intermittent and I have an overall...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Sidd Indian 1
  • TCake 4

Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and the kidneys....

I posted this in the kidney forum but no answers so thought I would ask in here.... I have been taking Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) for a few month and I only learned today that they are not good for people with CKD?  Anyone explain why?  I have googled and many sites but they just seem to just state...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Plaza1989 2

At my wits end with this.

Hello, I have suffered for over 15 years with stomach and digestive issues. I'm 27 years old and had a very nasty appendectomy when I was 13. For months prior I was vomitting everyday for more than 8 weeks. Since then I have suffered with, what I am told is acid reflux. I have been on Lansoperazole for...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • arturas 1

Sleep problems

Hi everyone, Since the symptoms occurred I have been having sleep problems. Interesting enough, I don't feel any pain, but when I wake up at 2 o'clock at night, which happens regularly, I feel sort of tension in my whole body and it's difficult to get to sleep again. Sometimes I feel like heat in my...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Torn 1

Sleeping with ulcers

For five months now I have been dealing with an ulcer but did not know that until the last month. The problem that I have is not pain but getting to sleep. Just as I relax and drift off I am awakin with a flutter in my stomach and I am wide awake. This happens over and over again till I am awake with...

7 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • wael08628 2

Stomach ulcer

Hi guys ( sorry for my english), I had stomach ulcer for one year and I don't know what to do. The doctor gave me h pylory antibiotics and it didn't work. He also give many protons inhibitor (ipp) and it doesn't work to. I am very depressed i'm just 19 years old. Does someone have any advice to give...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tasha156 2

After H Pylori

Hi everyone,I have posted here before,I have been treated for h pylori,antibiotics and lansoprazole.Prior to treatment I had complete loss of appetite and loss of weight.Although by force feeding I am keeping my weight between 117 pounds and 118.I still have no appetite,most worrying is I am losing body...

55 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • kim27650 2

Cabbage carrot juice to treat duodenal ulcer

I am starting a cabbage carrot juice cure to treat duodenal ulcer. This is how I plan to go about it : I will drink 4 glasses of cabbage carrot juice throughout the day for 20 days.  *Go for acupuncture - 20days *Change my diet  *Take 4 glasses of water daily.  God help me !

• daniel7346 2

Mr

Please I am new to this forum, I don't know life any one had a H. Plyori symptoms like me, I have had two failed triple therapy I and currently on my Fourth day of two weeks of Quadruple therapy , but I can still feel the severe indigestion ,chest pain and severe fatigue, has any one had this symptoms...

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • stssbd 1

My mother is having burning stomach but nothing is found

My mother aged 56 yrs old and she has been suffering from burning stomach from last 6-7months. All tests for ulcer are done named endoscopy, ultrasonography and EX-ray, but nothing is found.  Her blood test report has shown low level of hemoglobin doctor gave her two bags of blood and now level is 11,...

• saoirse41 2

Helibactor

I lost appetite high upper stomach pain lost weight was sent as red flag alert for stomach cancer to get camera down it showed up 3 ulcers around the dueduom was treated with triple therapy for helibactor plus stomach tab Now on omprezole 40 mg a day for 3 months still having pain and taste in mouth...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • yasmeen 26636 2

What is it! Ulcer? H.pylori? Or just inflammation!

Hello all I'm Yas I'm 24 years old and right now going through the most debilitating time of my life, in terms of my health lol It all kicked 6 weeks ago when I started to vomit everything I ate. I was super worried and rushed myself (credit to uber) to a&e in which they diagnosed me with gastroenteritis...

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • helen57275 2

Ulcer - Medication advice needed please

Hi all - I am so confused, hoping for help! I have had an ulcer brough on by ibuprofen for the last 3 weeks. I started taking nexium 2 weeks ago and after a few days it seemed to start helping; went to the doctor and got prescribed omaprezole as she said its the same thing. So last week I have been on...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • don09536 1

Worried about Colon Cancer

(39/male/average beer drinker) About 50 days ago, I experienced throbbing pain under my left ribcage that the ER doctor dismissed as a rib injury. Then I started having experiencing discomfort in the same area a few weeks later which my primary Dr. setup an ultrasound which came back normal. Since I...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tofutiger 2

H Pylori exasperated

Hi, I'm 22 yr old, 5' 10  and 130 pounds. I started symptoms around a year ago or maybe even longer. I get chills in my upper body (chest and upper abdomen) and bloating, pain in the chest and abdomen (and formerly my back as well). I constantly feel bloated but hungry at the same time. Since the beginning...

11 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • emmjay 2

Treatment for H. pylori

I have H. Pylori and was prescribed triple therapy over 7 days, firstly with Amoxicillin/Lansoprazole/clarithromycin, which made me extremely ill after 3 days, and then I came out in a rash. Then the doctor prescribed Metronidazole/Lansoprazole/clarithromycin, and I managed that for a couple of days...

15 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • carol7212 3

Burning sensation at site of ulcer

Hello all , Had emergency surgery for a perforated duodenal ulcer two years ago. From time to time I experience a pretty intense burning sensation at the site of the surgery( ulcer repair). The ulcer has healed but still with the burning. Has anyone had this sensation?

• maria134 2

Bloated stomach

I've been given lansoprazole for stomach ulcer and since taking them I have had a bloated stomach ! Is there anything else I can take to help the ulcer without this awful bloating ? 

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Alexandra1977 1

Perforated ulcer and sepsis

Hi alll I'm new here just wanted to share my experience. Id had a gastric bypass in 2011 and never thought id have a problem. How wrong i was. I had been feeling ill since November last year when I unfortunately had a misscarriage at 9w 3days. I began bleeding very heavily and had huge clots and was...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.