Gastritis, ulcers,HPylori will I ever be like normal folk

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im having an endoscopy today . Ive had digestive issues for years and have been on esomeprazole for 20 years when they found 2 ulcers. I always tested negative for H Pylori until recently when they told me ( from a poo test) that I was positive with a high reading . I had the 2 anti bi treatment and doubled my esomeprazole 4 weeks ago . I do not feel better but worse . I have stomach pain, no appetite , nausea , dry heaving . i am fed up of how this has restricted and ruined things over the years. It has ruined holidays abroad where Ive stayed in our rooms , not wanted to go out to eat . constantly weighing up where Im going to dash to be sick when I feel nauseous . I look at menus for the least line of resistance . we cant celebrate . I feel guilty that my husband constantly has to be deprived of normal things because of me. I'm 65 was trendy , hair nails clothes etc but Ive given up now because we don't go out apart from walking the dogs , so no-one sees me. When they find something today at the endoscopy , nothing will change will it ? I'm so fed up .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol24804, how did you get on with your endoscope? I have been on omeprazole now for over 7 years after being diagnosed with a hiatus hernia. I have been having left side discomfort for over 2 years and now just above my navel. I've been wondering about gastritis and now an ulcer

• Posted

Hi Marcus! How are you? I have been having issues now for 4 months. Heartburn, indigestion, pain on right side and radiating to my back which moved to the left side a few weeks ago. I have had blood tests, ultra sound of gallbladder, kidneys, pancreas, and liver. All normal. I have also had a chest xray (normal too) I am waiting for my HP result. Does this sound like it could be an ulcer? I have no vomiting and the pain can be there when i eat and when i don't eat. Thanks a million.

• Posted

hey carol... i just came across your comment. how did the endoscopy work ? hope you feeling better now

• Posted

Hi Carol, I suffered with stomach ulcers from when I was around 14 until I was around 30, the cure for Helicobacter pylori had just been discovered. I went to see my Doctor and he said he was going to send me for a Gastroscope (I'd recently had a barium meal test). I said to him "Let me try the tablets and antibiotics and if they don't work then I'll have a gastroscope". That was 31 years ago (I'm 61) and I haven't had a problem since. Ask for the H. pylori cure, hopefully this will solve your problems. I can still remember the pain I used to suffer it was debilitating. Getting cured was like getting my life back, there's nothing that I couldn't drink or eat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.