Stomach ulcer severe bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

my family member has been suffering from severe abdominal pain for a long time, with multiple variations of diagnoses so far, none of which even hinted at stomach ulcers. Last week they suffered an internal haemorrhage which after endoscopy and emergency keyhole surgery was thankfully stopped. They were told that the bleeding was in fact from a stomach ulcer (even though in the most recent scan, the doctors had told my family member that there are no ulcers!!!). After getting discharged from the hospital on Monday, they suffered another more severe haemorrhage last night and have now had an emergency major surgery to locate the bleeding which has apparently been a second ulcer/location different to the first one. they have been take to ICU and doctors told the next 12 hours are critical, since the bleeding last night they have lost a lot of blood which in itself is another worry. Has anyone here had experience like this before? having two big internal bleeding sessions, having to undergo surgery to stop it and having lost major quantities of blood as a result of the stomach ulcer?

If you have had experience, will this sudden and severe bleeding ever stop? just very worried and anxious for my family, and trying to get as much information as I can to educate myself.

Thank you for your help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've actually had a procedure almost 2 years ago to stop and ulcer that was bleeding got back to my room and the next day I almost fainted went in did a 2nd endoscopy and found another was bleeding..it was a very scary time ...I'm hoping your relative finds a treatment plan that works...all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.