Just started H pylori antibiotics and I’m terrified!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just tested positive for H pylori and have started antibiotics (amoxixillin, clarithromycin and omeprazole to protect my stomach). i have been fairly okay but one thing is i have to keep clearing my throat and now feel like i cant breath! there is also a terrible bitter taste that lingers in my mouth. Does anyone have any tips for getting through this treatment and also, did it work!?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Keep going at it, things will improve for you better and better over time, timing of recovery depends on how often and how much you prepare your digestive system for great health.

• Posted

@Vicky1818 Did you find a solution? I'm going through the exact same, both the treatment and how I'm feeling. Same thing in all ways. it's so unbearable. This taste in my mouth, I cannot stand it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.