ulcer or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

my symptoms, they dont happen all at once, rather alternate:

-bloating, from small amount of food or even water

-sometimes it feels like i need to burp to relieve pressure in my stomach but cant, or when i do it does not relieve anything like it used to

-weird sounds, gurgling, churning an movements in my abdomen, like storm in my bowels, constantli tuning around,sometimes shaky feeling

-sensations of burning, not in chest but rather more below ribs,

-cramping after eating, sometimes pretty intense that i would just have to lay down and wait it out,

could last anything from minutes to few hours, I get this cramping randomly, once or twice a week, food dont seem to matter, one day i would be fine with the food then next day the very same food would cause issues. cramping is felt in low abdomen mostly sides or just below rib cage sides and center, or both. i can handle pain but these cramps are really something.

-weird, strain like feeling in right low abdomen, almost like when you pull muscle

-some days i feel symptoms free, other days feel unwell

-also dull feeling in my stomach, or feels like there was smoke in my stomach, probably doesnt make sense but not even sure how to describe the sensation.

doc did blood tests, everything came out normal, including HP test that came negative. he still said it could be ulcer and prescribed prilosec for 8 weeks.

anyone with similar symptoms? not sure if i should ask for more tests, or just go with prilosec treatment for now.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! I have very similar symptoms to you along with dull ache on left side under rib and into my back. I have symptoms most days. Going on 4 months now. I have had ultrasound on gallbladder, liver, kidneys and pancreas. All clear. Blood test all clear too. Waiting on HP result. I am just wondering if you have an update on yours?

• Posted

Had u done Endoscopy ? I have stomach pain but before food and pain subside after taking food as well as pain in lower right rib some times back also .... In endoscopy I got HP positive done take tablets upto 12 days because of weakness couldnt complete 14 days ... after some days this pain started again dont know what to do ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.