Could I have a stomach ulcer?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, i realise this is something that I need to see my doctor for but Im hoping to get some thoughts on whats going on with me, in the hope that my google founded suspicions arent way off!

Around 2 years ago i woke up at 3am to the most pain ive ever experienced, ive been very lucky as ive never really had any serious medical issues in my life, I have no allergies or intolerances that im aware. This pain was in my upper abdomen and felt initially like a burning pain which then progressed into full stomach cramps, this lasted for around 3 hours. I was on holiday so couldnt really do much other than ride it out. I thought it was a one off as it didnt happen for around a year and when it did the same description happened as previous. its happened after rating multiple food groups and even when ive eaten the same food twice when it happened on one of those occasions, every time it happens apart from twice its started at or around 3am. Im at the stage now where its happening probably once a week and occasionally twice a week. if its particularly bad then my stomach will feel bruised for a few days afterwards, does this sound familiar to anyone whose suffered with stomach ulcers? Id appreciate any advice. Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.