A week on Orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

HIYA IVE BIN ON ORLISTAT FOR A WEEK 2 DAY AND HAVE LOST 4 POUND IS THAT GOOD OR COULD I HAVE DONE BETTER

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That is a good loss - any loss is a good loss...be prepared for your loss to get less and less as you proceed...but keep going....only another 3 lb until 1.2 stone.....well done girl....all the best for the days ahead.
  • Posted

thank u iam so happy that ive lost weight :D
  • Posted

well done Tinia I'll have been on for a wwek on Staurday so I'll keep you posted on how I've done. Have you been exercising too or just changing your diet?
  • Posted

JUST BIN DIETIN I WOULD LIKE 2 LOSE ABOUT 2 STONE
  • Posted

hey iv just been prescribed orlistat how affective has it been for you am trying to get my bmi down for a breast reduction its 34 and i have to get dwn to 30 just wanting to get a genral guide to hwo much weight this helps you lose xx
  • Posted

bmi goes on weight and height, i am now down to a bmi of 30 and at 5'5\" and 13 1/2 st, in june i had a bmi of 36 and was 15 1/2 st.
  • Posted

oh thats really gd well done you. smile i am still a bit scared of taking orlistat as i no the side affects it can cause and iv heard alot of extreme cases can anypone inlighting me on this an there experience with taking it xx
  • Posted

you will only suffer the extreme side effects if you disobey the rules, 25-30g of fat a day, no more than 15g in any one meal, to see effective weight loss you should be combining these tablets with exercise and drinking plenty of water. the only side effects you should encounter perhaps when sticking to the rules is wind and possibly constipation for the first few weeks but you can take something like senakot to relieve that. good luck, its really not as bad as people make out, i have been on these for 5 months, lost 2st and never had a bad experience!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.