A week on Paroxiten 10mgs

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey guys, just want some advice really Iv been taking paroxiten 10mgs for about a week now for Depression, GAD and OCD he said my serotonin level seems to be okay but needs to fix the rest what eva that means.. I just wanna know how others got on with it and if it really did help them.. I know it's really early to say for me as it's only a week and I'm still being weening off citalopram 40mgs to 20mgs while taking 10mgs of paroxetine.. I know everyone is different... but how long did it take to proper kick and help with your thoughts! because I still dont feel great in myself and I still feel depressed and anxious!! I had a few days okayish then got emotional again in the morning yesterday.. cant tell if it's working or not... any advice would be better then nutthing!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hopefully it helps you, but I had to get off of it. I was having bad side effects by the second week. Night sweats and muscle twitching. I quit trying ssri's and switched to quetiapine. I break it up a 50mg tab into 4ths. I take a 4th of a tab when needed. Usually once or twice a day. I take half a tab at night to help sleep. Works immediatly, no waiting like paroxiten. On bad days I take .25 generic Xanax which is Alprazolam. Both allow me to function normally and run my company. Hope this helps, maybe you could try these if needed.

J

• Edited

thanks for your advice.. I see the doctor next tuesday anyways for an update on how I been with them.. so see how that goes! iv been okay with them! today managed to go out and do what I needed to do!! which was Brill!! and it kept my mind proper distracted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.