Skip to content

Paroxetine Hydrochloride

Also known as Seroxat

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tapering off paroxetine

Hi everyone. I've taken a low dose of paroxetine for a whopping 9 years and after a recent major depressive episode, all those involved - psychiatric nurses, counsellors, my GP, - have concluded paroxetine's stopped working for me, - in fact possibly not been working for some time. I was meant...

Last reply
  • Seroxat 20mg

Is it ok to start seroxat 10mg the first 5 days instead of a week and then the 6th day switch to 20mg or it's better to wait a week before?

Last reply
  • Paroxatene need encouragement

I've been a wk on 10mg Paroxatene this is my first wk on 20mg of it. Feeling drowsy a lot and wondering when it will start working. Fifth day on 20mg it seems a long process need some encouragement. Was on Sertraline for yrs but it stopped working. Decided to go back on this it did work wonders before....

Last reply
  • My Experience of Paroxetine tapering

Hi, I started Paroxetine May 2015 after I reduced mirtazipine and a car accident left me needing ‘relief’ I started the antidepressant route in November 2012 for PTSD and Major Depression. I am now tapering off for many reasons and wished to share my experience when tapering off. I started at 40mg...

Last reply
  • Paxil first time taking

Hi, Can I get some good advice on taking paxil, I'm so afraid of taking it for my panic attacks, I'm nervous and losing my appetite. Can I get someone that going though what I'm feeling scared.

Last reply
  • Paroxatine side effects

Hi everyone I’ve been back on 20mgs of paroxatine now for the past 5wks and I’m still feeling really anxious, shaky, sick and I also suffer from depersonalisation. I can’t really do anything as I feel so I’ll. all I want to do is lay in my bed. Does any of this seem normal.any advice or reassurance please...

Last reply
  • Paxil not working as well anymore

I have been on 30mg of Paxil for anxiety and depression for less than a year. About 5 months now and this last week it seems as if my symptoms of depression are coming back. Could it possibly be that I would need to up my dose? I emailed my doctor, but was wondering if anyone ever experienced this or...

Last reply
  • 20 mg a day of Paxil caused ED

I've been taking Paxil for about 3 weeks and it's really working. However, today I could not stay erect or perform sexually. This was really devastating as a male. I was wondering what dosage has worked to continue success and not have erectile dysfunction. I emailed my doctor about taking 5...

Last reply
  • Paxil withdrawal

I was on paxil for almost 30 years. It became apparent about 3 years ago that it may have lost its efficiency.    This past August (2017) I switched from paxil to celexa.  2 months of celexa proved it didn’t work either.  So I came off all antidepressants in late October.   Ever...

Posted
  • Withdrawal Nightmare from Paroxetine

I have been taking Paxil for over 4 years. And it was only a few months ago I realised it wasn't working for me at all. I know myself that paroxetine is one of the worst anti depressants to wean off of. Even if I am a couple of hours late taking it I get bad side effects e.g dizziness. The doctor...

Last reply
  • Severe anxiety and tearfulness

Having tried numerous meds for my depression over the years I finally got my life back with Seroxat 20mg. 17 years later realising I’d forgotten to pack my tablets on arrival at my holiday hotel I decided to go cold turkey. Suffered horrendous stomach problems, vertigo sweating etc which ended up ruining...

Last reply
  • FROM sertraline back to paroxatine

Hi every1 as any1 ever been on paroxatine? Then swapped to another AD. As I was on paroxatine for 17yrs then went onto sertraline for 3months. Now back on to paroxatine. I was just wondering how long it should take for 20mgs to kick back in. Any advice or reassurance please 🌹

Last reply
  • hi new here

I have just started  taking  paxil 10mg for 5 days before taking 5mg  the week before.   I woke up middle of night with panic attack  .  I am shakey and anxious Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Paroxatine

Hi every1 I was on paroxatine for 171/2 ure . When the doctor adviced me to have a change. So he put me on 100mgs of sertraline which I was on for the past 9wks with little progress. So I’m back on 20mgs paroxatine I was just wondering how long u think it will take to kick in. And Is 20mgs the right...

Posted
  • Coming off Seroxat and anti-depressants entirely

Hi just though I'd post again.  I've been trying my coming off Seroxat for a few months now, but still find it very hard.  I have lots of coming off problems that seem on-going.  I am going to keep coming off though, but just for now I'm staying at 15mg a day, until my mind...

Posted
  • Paroxetine / Seroxat withdrawal symptoms

after being on the anti depressant Seroxat for 21 years, I am now coming off it, my doctor says must do this gradually. I am now taking 10mg every other day for 1 month then hopefully continue with maybe two 10 mg each week. However I am having symptoms of withdrawal, I feel like I have a bees nest in...

Last reply
  • Prozac to Paxil?

Hi everyone! Desperately after some advice please! Not sure where the best place is to post this and please redirect me if I’m in the wrong place!  I’ve been on 20mg of Prozac for 11months for GAD and did quite well. 16 days ago I upped my dose to 40mg for breakthrough anxiety. The side effects...

Last reply
  • Paxil for 11months with recent dose upped to 30mg

Hey guys, I have been on Paxil for 11 months now. 20 mg for 9 months then upped to 30 mg for the last 2 months, this is the beginning of 3rd month of being on 30 mg & I’m still having these damn blips! I actually have been having blips up and down my whole entire time of being on these meds. How...

Last reply
  • Hi new to the group.

First to start off I have generalized anxiety disorder. I’ve  had it often on for 10 or 15 years. Generally the doctor puts me on 20 mg of Prozac and some Klonopin as needed and I’m good. I went through a pretty Trumatic break up and had quite a few things happen in my family and loss. The doctor...

Last reply
  • Weaning off Paxil CR 25 mgs

Hi there, Can anyone give me tips on weaning off of Paxil? It's the CR form. My doctor told me to take 12.5 CR mgs in one week, then switch to every other day the 2nd week. Is that too fast? I am also trying to get put on Remeron because Ativan makes me to groggy the next day. It's used to help...

Last reply
  • Help please. So scared

Hi, I’ve been on 60mg of Paroxetine for 7 years. I am trying to get off it. Last time I tried I turned into an anxious mess with severe depression. I have now reduced it from 60 to 30 over 2 weeks but my doctor has told me to just go down to 0 from 30 cutting by 10mg one day at a time. I’m now on 20...

Last reply
  • Heart beat blood rushing sound in my ears

Hi, I'm a bit concerned about this swooshing heartbeat sound in my ears on and off throughout the day but worse at night. Presuming it's blood/blood pressure? Has anyone had similar or can make a link between this and weaning off seroxat (currently on 2.5mg a day only.)  Has anyone else...

Last reply
  • Help help

I’ve been on paroxetine fro 5 years 20 mgs and now 10 mgs I had a episode last October anxiety and tachycardia high blood pressure and the Doctor decide stopped cold turkey and put me on remeron 7,5 mgs my choice after that never been the same experience all times withdrawals symptoms from paroxetine...

Posted
  • Paxil

I have been on Paxil 30 mg for over 40 year For Depression n Panic Attacks! . I was also prescribed Xanax- 1 mg I want to get off the Paxil, since situations in my life will never change. I take Xanax 1 mg As Needed, , once a month OR WHEN I GET PANICKING! especially when I travel!! Why Do I Need Both?? ...

Last reply
  • Side effects on short term. Please some advise

Hi there. I have a skin disorder which makes me crazy. I don't know what to do. My doctor prescribed me paxil 20mg. But side effects really scares me. Impotency and Erection problems make me scare. Guys what you advise? Will be there any side effects like these?

Last reply
  • Paroxetine or sertraline

Hi all I was on paroxetine for anxiety for 5 years i weaned off over 6 months and was ok. Paroxetine really worked for me. I started badly with anxiety and this time horrendous OCD , my doctor said to try sertraline 50mg as they no longer like to prescribe paroxetine. The sertraline doesn't seem...

Last reply
  • Seroxat adverse reaction

Hi there, Im new to the group and so hopeful that someone will be able to help me with my dilemma. To cut a long story short, I took 40mgs Seroxat for over fifteen years until reducing down to 20mg when I fell pregnant last year (I managed to taper quite quickly with liquid once pregnant-possibly the...

Last reply
  • 7 weeks col turkey 🦃

Since 7 weeks ago was stopped colourless by my psychiatrist who put me straight away with mirtazipine 7,5 mgs I was with paroxetine 5 years ago since than my life changed worst worst all the bad things happen symptoms withdrawal am existing don't living please help help I want finish this bug my...

Last reply
  • Coming off Seroxat and anti-depressants entirely

Hi there I've been on  Seroxat for 20+ years too.  Now I'm trying to come off it.  My idea of trying an anti-depressant free life went down like a lead balloon with my current psychiatrist.  i've been on anti-depressants since 1979 so I know I'm in for a bumpy ride....

Posted
  • Withdrawal from Paroxetine.

Been on anti-depressants for 14 years and due to troublesome side effects my G.P is weaning me off 50mg to 30mg. I am feeling really rubbish today with dizziness, headache and feeling sick. Has anyone got any advice ?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.