Skip to content
Ad

Paroxetine Hydrochloride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Paroxetine

I am a bit confused with sone of the posts. I have taken Seroxat (Paroxetine) for years. I have noticed some people referring to a drug called Paxil, saying its Paroxetine. I have never known it as Paxil. Can someone please explain this. Thank you.

Last reply
  • How long does Paxil take to work?

I've been on Paxil for 2 months. I feel jet lagged every morning. I take 20 mgs at dinner time. I take .75 mgs of Ativan because I am weaning off of it. When does the dizziness and light headedness end?

Last reply
  • Lack of sleep because of Paroxetine (Paxil), any suggestions ?

Hello all, I have been taking Paxil since 31-May-2017.Its been about 9 days and I take it in the night. For the first 4-5 days, I was taking 12.5 mg and then the doctor increased it to 25 mg. Ever since I have been taking it, I have not been getting any satisfactory sleep. I have tried taking it...

Last reply
  • Please help me

I've been off and on paxil for 14 years. This time I've been on it for over 6 years, I was upped from 20 mg to 30 mg 3 years ago when my grandpa passed away and about 8 months ago my Dr lowered me back to 20 mg and I haven't been taking it daily I literally take it a few times a week until...

Last reply
  • Paroxetine / Seroxat withdrawal symptoms

after being on the anti depressant Seroxat for 21 years, I am now coming off it, my doctor says must do this gradually. I am now taking 10mg every other day for 1 month then hopefully continue with maybe two 10 mg each week. However I am having symptoms of withdrawal, I feel like I have a bees nest in...

Last reply
  • Healthcare scandal

I have been on seroxat for over 20years and decided over a year ago to start to taper off. I bought measuring scales and cut the tablets and got diwn to 15mg. It has been hell. So i go to my GP and they gave me liquid. I reduce by 2mg. Absolute hell. So i go back to my GP. I explain that i know a lot...

Last reply
  • Stomach Ache going cold turkey on paroxetine

Has anybody suffered stomach ache after withdrawal from paroxetine. I have been on for approx three years. I am finding the withdrawal horrendous. I was originally prescribed the medication to help with hot flushes during the menopause. Since withdrawal I have suffered increased perspiration, really...

Last reply
  • Paroxetine

Hi every1.. just after a bit of advice... i came off paroxetine around 3 month ago....and i am still getting crazy dizziness and headaches thats arnt headaches...any1 else out there that can relate?? Am going crazy... theres never a day where a dont feel poorly!!!! HELP

Last reply
  • paroxetine

I have been on 60mg paroxetine for years. I have been feeling anxious and was put on sick for a two week period, very tearful, feelings of anxiety and sadness and tiredness. Wondering if anyone has any help. I am not feeling like going back to work!

Last reply
  • Coming off Paroxetine

I’d been on 20mg Paxil for a year. I had a hell year with changes at work but Paxil made it bearable. That bad patch is over now and as my libido suffered which is very unlike me so I decided to withdraw for the sake of my marriage. I’m in my 6th week. For the first 3-4 weeks I was getting strange brain...

Last reply
  • Going cold turkey from seroxat

Hi iv been on seroxat for 13years for depression , I was on 20mg then I hit 50 years old last year and the menapause made me very low , so my GP upped my dose to 30mg. This was a year ago and Iv now gone cold turkey for 4 weeks. The reason I stopped them was I wanted to stop smoking and after trying...

Posted
  • When Can I stop using Paroxetine?

I have been using Paroxetine around 5 years. Since my college times, I started using it. In that period, I had stop it a while. But the sideeffects is painful. So I did contiue to use if for another three years.  Now I want to stop using it. Just Because I want to go back to normal life. When...

Posted
  • Thinking of starting Paxil, anybody have good news

36 year old male, physically healthy, mentally not so much. Lol. Anyway, I have severe anxiety now with some depression, it makes me want to end my life sometimes, it's pretty horrid. I won't do it because of my daughter and wife. I need help. Thinking of trying Paxil, anybody have good experience...

Last reply
  • Been off Paxil 6 months, now this.

Hi all, I'm new here, so I'm sorry for the novel, but I just need to know if anyone else has experienced what I'm feeling now. I'm a 32 year old woman, no kids, no physical health problems. Depression, anxiety and bi-polar run in my family. Every member of my extended family on my mother's...

Last reply
  • Coming off Venlafaxine after 22 years

I decided six weeks ago to try to come off my Venlafaxine .75mg I had been on it since going through the menopause in my fifties I'm a very anxious person and prone to panic attacks .I'm on so much medication for various things breast cancer and arthritis I felt my body was full of drugs...

Last reply
  • Increased dose of paxil from 20mg to 40mg with huge anxiety

Hello😆 Have been on paxil 20mg for 5 weeks and doc increased to 40mg last thursday (5 days ago). Since the increase my anxiety has hit the roof!! Im just lying around today trying to keep myself a bit calm and stop the panic. Even dropping my son off at kindy made me feel panicky. Did anyone...

Last reply
  • 12 months off and through the worse of it.

I quit 12 months ago, went cold turkey, I was on 20mg for 7 years. Firs 2 months were awful, then  you think your through it but your not... It changes you a bit no doubt about it... 3, 6 and 9 months off I considered going back on, but would say now Im glad I'm off so if your considering getting...

Last reply
  • Tapered off Paxil slowly, still having withdrawal symptoms?

I've been on Paxil 20 mg mg GAD for a few years. About a month ago I started to slowly taper off the med. I had gone through therapy and learned some good ways to deal with my anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I just wish I could live without this med, I hate the side effects like weight gain...

Last reply
  • Anyone else have this experience??

I started taking Paroxetine 10mg, I took it for 7 days with no side effects then on day 8, I woke up with nausea, constant, intense burning and cramping of the stomach. As the day went on I experienced episodes of chills so bad my teeth were chattering alternating with hot flashes. I have taken Paroxetine...

Last reply
  • How long do side effects last after stopping Paxil?

Hello. I was on Paxil cr for three weeks 12.5mg. I was extremely nauseous and waking up with panic. I stopped Paxil 5 days ago and the nauseA seems to be getting better but I'm still waking up really anxious and panicky. I need to take klonopin to make it stop. Does anyone know how long this will...

Last reply
  • Paroxetine withdrawal syndrome (advice?)

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience of this drug and what I am going through. I was put on seroxat at 18 due to messing with recreational drugs. I was fine on 20mg for the next 17 years living life to the max!!! However, due to the birth of my son i wanted to be drug free, and had not had any symptoms...

Last reply
  • Feeling worse after 3 weeks? Unusual reaction?

I am a little over 3 weeks on paroxetine. The first 2 and a half weeks were tough but manageable. A little extra anxiousness and up and down mood/emotions. I actually feel my moderate depression has subsided, but my anxiety has increased since about the 2 and half week mark. And today I've had what...

Last reply
  • Starting Seroxat after break still nauseous after 3 weeks

Hi, I've been on Paroxetine on and off (more on then off) since 2007. I find that it is very effective for my anxiety and depression disorder and whenever I've tried to stop, these came back "with a vengeance". I finally decided that I have to be on it for life. This time around the...

Last reply
  • titrating off Clonazepam

Hi all!  I have been on 40 mg Prozac for many years as a treatment for anxiety that was masking depression.  It has worked pretty well but I still experience GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) It flared up big about 2 years ago and I was prescribed Clonazepam as needed.  I used it occasionally...

Last reply
  • Quitting Paxil cold turkey after 4 weeks?

Hello everyone, about 4 weeks ago I ended up in the Hospital due to some severe panic attacks I was experiencing due to my family problems and school. While at the Hospital the doctor I saw recommended I get on Paxil for a month and see how I do, so he started me on 10mg's the first week and to increase...

Last reply
  • Switching to paroxetine

Hi all, I was recently switched from escitalopram to paroxetine about 2 weeks ago. I had been on the escitalopram for 10 weeks and had increased anxiety that didn't improve. I felt much better for about the first 4 days after the switch, and then the anxiety started to creep back. The last few...

Last reply
  • Can paxil when taken sporadically?

I googled my question and couldn't find an answer so I signed up here. Without any professional knowledge I'm guessing the answer to my question is no. But will I benefit from any of paxil's effects/side effects if it's taken for 1 day? No built up tolerance in the brain or balancing...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.