Skip to content
Ad

Paroxetine Hydrochloride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Withdrawal from Paroxetine.

Been on anti-depressants for 14 years and due to troublesome side effects my G.P is weaning me off 50mg to 30mg. I am feeling really rubbish today with dizziness, headache and feeling sick. Has anyone got any advice ?

Last reply
  • Side effects on short term. Please some advise

Hi there. I have a skin disorder which makes me crazy. I don't know what to do. My doctor prescribed me paxil 20mg. But side effects really scares me. Impotency and Erection problems make me scare. Guys what you advise? Will be there any side effects like these?

Last reply
  • New to Paroxetine, Side effect question

Hi, I have just been prescribed Paroxetine and was wondering how sever the side effect of sexual disorders are? I have read that its common to have lower sex drive which I would probably welcome a bit of a decrease in that... I did also see that erectile dysfunction was common, how bad or common is this?...

Last reply
  • My Experience of Paroxetine tapering

Hi, I started Paroxetine May 2015 after I reduced mirtazipine and a car accident left me needing ‘relief’ I started the antidepressant route in November 2012 for PTSD and Major Depression. I am now tapering off for many reasons and wished to share my experience when tapering off. I started at 40mg...

Last reply
  • Heart beat blood rushing sound in my ears

Hi, I'm a bit concerned about this swooshing heartbeat sound in my ears on and off throughout the day but worse at night. Presuming it's blood/blood pressure? Has anyone had similar or can make a link between this and weaning off seroxat (currently on 2.5mg a day only.)  Has anyone else...

Last reply
  • Help! Im going cold turkey...

Hello, I'm new to this forum and am relieved that I stumbled across it. It is so difficult to communicate with people who think it is a stroll in the park to come off paroxetine.  It is comforting to read the posts of others and realize that I'm not alone. Thankyou all for sharing your experiences...

Last reply
  • Paroxetine / Seroxat withdrawal symptoms

after being on the anti depressant Seroxat for 21 years, I am now coming off it, my doctor says must do this gradually. I am now taking 10mg every other day for 1 month then hopefully continue with maybe two 10 mg each week. However I am having symptoms of withdrawal, I feel like I have a bees nest in...

Last reply
  • Paxil withdrawal and need to move my leg??

Ok, so it has been 6 days now that I am off Paxil!!!! I've been on 20mgs for the past 8 years.  I started by tapered it down and my last dose I took was 6 days ago of 5mg.  I might have tapered off a bit quickly and it's no walk in the park getting off that stuff, but I now feel...

Last reply
  • Short term Paxil use

Hi. I have been recommended to use paxil 20mg for my anxiety by a psychiatrist. I have some lichen planus on private parts so this makes me so depressed. I really don't know should i use it or not? I am really planning to take it for a while for 2 months. But side effects scares me. Especially sexual...

Last reply
  • Paxil

Have been on Paxil for about 12 years and in mid Aug I decided I wanted off. Early Sept I started a slow cut back and as of 2 days ago down to nothing. Those first couple of days were the dizziness etc and that seems to have left me for now but today is the shakes which in any of sites I have read was...

Last reply
  • Help please. So scared

Hi, I’ve been on 60mg of Paroxetine for 7 years. I am trying to get off it. Last time I tried I turned into an anxious mess with severe depression. I have now reduced it from 60 to 30 over 2 weeks but my doctor has told me to just go down to 0 from 30 cutting by 10mg one day at a time. I’m now on 20...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal Nightmare from Paroxetine

I have been taking Paxil for over 4 years. And it was only a few months ago I realised it wasn't working for me at all. I know myself that paroxetine is one of the worst anti depressants to wean off of. Even if I am a couple of hours late taking it I get bad side effects e.g dizziness. The doctor...

Last reply
  • Paxil withdraw supplement helps

I stopped Paxil 2 months ago after almost 3 years 20 mg a day I lowered my dose to 10mg first but then couldn’t manage to completely stop for about 4 more more months When finally quit-Withdraw side effects were very bad. I was searching on line for someone who detailed Day by Day effect so I know what...

Last reply
  • 20 years on seroxat!

I have taken 20mg of seroxat 2/3 times a week for the last 25 years..,if I didn't need them every day I didn't take them. When I felt anxious or irritable I took one.. needed more when I was under a lot of stress or had fly or illness.. even went up to 40mf a day for a short period after a severe...

Posted
  • Now stopping after 23 year taking Saroxat / paroxetine

A daily pro biotic drink, whole Almonds around 10 eaten daily has helped with my third attempt to come off of this drug, the awful withdrawals symptoms previously meant I return to the drug the other two times this time I have not had the dizzy spell, headaches, vivid nightmares or symptoms of deep depression...

Last reply
  • paroxetine

I was first prescribed Paroxetine (Seroxat) in 1999 by my GP. 20mg a day for depression. Three years later, after little improvement, a psychiatrist diagnosed OCD and gradually increased the daily dose to 60mg. It was, quite literally, a life saver. I am still taking 60mg daily, and have been told by...

Last reply
  • Screwed up dose!

I took morning pills tonite instead of bedtime pills. Usually take 40 mg in morning, so have taken 80 mg today now. Have taken Paxil for years, took 60 mg a day for years. Should I be worried  or just call Dr in morning to see if she wants me to hold dose tomorrow.

Posted
  • Paroxetine

I am a bit confused with sone of the posts. I have taken Seroxat (Paroxetine) for years. I have noticed some people referring to a drug called Paxil, saying its Paroxetine. I have never known it as Paxil. Can someone please explain this. Thank you.

Last reply
  • Anxiety

Hi, I'm on Seroxat 30mg for a 3 Years now, before I was on 40mg for about 6 Years but then I was having problems with sleeping, my doctor prescribed me mitrazipen 30 mg and have told me to lover Seroxat on 30 mg, everything was fine till week ago, week ago I had very stressful day and looks like...

Last reply
  • Coming off Paroxetine to start Citalopram

I have been on Paroxetine 30mg for a number of years. I felt they were no longer working so the doctor told me to wean off them. I had reduced the dose to 10mg every day and then 10mg every other day. My last tablet was 2 days ago and I'm due to start Citalopram 20mg in 2 days time. My question is...

Last reply
  • Paroxetine tapering and chronic Diarrhoea

Hi there, Can people please comment their experience with tapering off Paroxetine? I have been on 40mg Paroxetine for 2 years and am now tapering off as I have gained 4 stone and want to start a family. I have been taking 30mg now since 04/08/2017 - with a review in October. The past 3 weeks I have...

Last reply
  • paroxetine

I have been on 60mg paroxetine for years. I have been feeling anxious and was put on sick for a two week period, very tearful, feelings of anxiety and sadness and tiredness. Wondering if anyone has any help. I am not feeling like going back to work!

Last reply
  • Stopping 5mg after 3 weeks

I started taking generic paxil a little over 3 weeks ago for severe panic attacks and mild depression. I have klonopin, but don't like it a lot bc i feel depressed after it wears off. I also have propranolol as needed which works decent for racing heart. I lost custody to my kids to my ex husband...

Last reply
  • Healthcare scandal

I have been on seroxat for over 20years and decided over a year ago to start to taper off. I bought measuring scales and cut the tablets and got diwn to 15mg. It has been hell. So i go to my GP and they gave me liquid. I reduce by 2mg. Absolute hell. So i go back to my GP. I explain that i know a lot...

Last reply
  • Paxil cr

Is Paxil CR better than Paxil. I'm on 25 mgs of regular Paxil and feel tired the next day and dizzy. Will the CR one have less side effects? Thanks, Groove

Posted
  • How long does Paxil take to work?

I've been on Paxil for 2 months. I feel jet lagged every morning. I take 20 mgs at dinner time. I take .75 mgs of Ativan because I am weaning off of it. When does the dizziness and light headedness end?

Last reply
  • Lack of sleep because of Paroxetine (Paxil), any suggestions ?

Hello all, I have been taking Paxil since 31-May-2017.Its been about 9 days and I take it in the night. For the first 4-5 days, I was taking 12.5 mg and then the doctor increased it to 25 mg. Ever since I have been taking it, I have not been getting any satisfactory sleep. I have tried taking it...

Last reply
  • Please help me

I've been off and on paxil for 14 years. This time I've been on it for over 6 years, I was upped from 20 mg to 30 mg 3 years ago when my grandpa passed away and about 8 months ago my Dr lowered me back to 20 mg and I haven't been taking it daily I literally take it a few times a week until...

Last reply
  • Stomach Ache going cold turkey on paroxetine

Has anybody suffered stomach ache after withdrawal from paroxetine. I have been on for approx three years. I am finding the withdrawal horrendous. I was originally prescribed the medication to help with hot flushes during the menopause. Since withdrawal I have suffered increased perspiration, really...

Last reply
  • Paroxetine

Hi every1.. just after a bit of advice... i came off paroxetine around 3 month ago....and i am still getting crazy dizziness and headaches thats arnt headaches...any1 else out there that can relate?? Am going crazy... theres never a day where a dont feel poorly!!!! HELP

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.