Paroxetine- Day 16 side effects- encouragement please!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, so i'm gonna be honest, i'm quite nervous, i started taking 20mg 16 days ago because of severe side effects on citalopram which worked at first which is strange, i was on citalopram 20mg for 3 months no issues, at month 3 kind of hit a brick wall, increased to 30mg for 2 months and had constant anxiety from the increase for the whole 2 months so decreased back down to 20 as it was working originally, after 3 weeks i was a complete mess, increased anxiety to the point of horrible intrusive thoughts, crying all the time so i decided i wasn't gonna take it anymore, rang my GP who changed me onto this, first week was great, had increased energy, no real side effects, 2nd week i had quite bad anxiety at night but come the morning i was fine, but these past 2 days i've had bad anxiety, bearable and i just feel like a zombie, sweating loads, lack of appetite, lack of emotion and just lack of motivation. All i want is to know if anyone hs been through the same and if it passed?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jamie. Have been on seroxat for 20years. It suited me for the majority of that time. I can relate to the lack of energy and motivation. Side effects usually calm after the first couple of months but everyone is different. It will take a while for the medication to build up to a point where it is effective. I did start to feel noticeably calmer after 3 weeks. I am not a doctor and I can only talk about my own experiences but I did have difficulty and I was prescribed beta blockers to help manage that hard time. And remember you are not alone in how you feel. Sending big hugs. Take 5 minutes at a time. This too shall pass

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.