PaxHELL

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello friends;

The reason I started on Paxil, was they I had a chronic stomach bacteria for over a year, and when they treated it with 250 antibiotic pills, it gave me the shakes, and tremors.

I was on Paxil for over seven years. My GP at the time, I since reported him. He made me go off it cold turkey October 21 I have been going though hell ever sense. It has been over four months being off of it, and it has been nothing but a struggle. I now have no GP, only clinic doctors. I am experiencing hot flashes, major sweating, chills, shakes, headaches, tingling all over my body, rashes, no sleep, brain fog and zaps and just a being of unwell. I have dropped 25 pounds, in this time frame, and now am underweight. I have no appetite at all.

I have very little emotional support. My best friend told me she needs a break from me, she cannot handle me. I do understand that, but it is just a another symptom of going off Paxil. My husband doesn't understand, and all he says, is I hope you feel well soon. The clinic doctors think I am a hypochondriac, and do absolutely nothing to help me. They just want to put me on something else.

I just really need someone to talk to, that understands what I am going through and has gone through it.

When do the symptoms go away.? Do they ever go away? Can I have be a normal person again. If there is anyone out there that would like to help me I would appreciate it by all means. Thanks Sue

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

have u seen the site surviving antidepressants? they have protocols to taper which your doc should have told u about. so sorry ur feeling like this it will pass its

not permanant. take care

• Posted

I am on that site too. Good people with good suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.