Paxil WD 3.5 years later?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello gang,

I have an extensive history of psych drug usage, from benzos, antipsychoics and SSRIs. The longest ( and believe the most harmful) was Paxil. I was on Paxil for almost 10 years. In late 2018/early 2019 I tapered with the supervision and guidance of my Psych NP. It was a fast taper...I went from my usual 40 mg to 0mg in a matter of not even 2 months. I felt great for maybe a month after taking my final pill then all hell broke loose.

My anxiety, fatigue, body pain, extreme irrational fears came out. It has now been 3.5 months since my last dose of Paxil and I'm still going down hill.

I'm in hell everyday. My OCD and intrusive thoughts won't go away. The last year or so I've become very paranoid of what people think of me, alot of obsession thoughts and worry. It has spiked my BP and made my physical symptoms even more unbearable. I feel so alone.

I started a new job 18 months ago after being on disability for 10 years. As much as I love this job my exhaustion is too much. I feel my career/job is truly the only positive thing in my life and i have so much fear and anxiety I'll lose the job.

I know Paxil is hell of a drug and has the worst withdrawal symptom, but could it be harming me still this far out? I've been on Zoloft for not even 2 years and am now tapering that very very slowely ( 10%/4wks).

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.