DISGUSTED!!! MY PARTNER BACK ON PAROXETINE NOW

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

Over the past few weeks I have been watching my partner withdraw from Paroxetine at an alarmingly fast rate under the advice of his GP.

He came off from 50mg to nothing in 5 WEEKS!!! He was migrating to another AD Mirtazapine and he has been suffering terribly before my eyes.

Total despair has led him back to his GP who now has put him back to Paroxetine.

Am I the only one to be horrified at the lack of knowledge and back up facilities available in this area.

he received no help. counselling or advice on how to cope, just me doing research on line and on this forum.

Have we lost our NHS mental health services??? It would seem so. Has anyone out there been through a similar experience?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

paxil withdrawal is horrible. I am 2 months off and everyday is a struggle. I hope your partner can find a way to get off of the meds. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of professional help or guidance for this, but we are not alone. I've been inspired by those who have found healing after being on ssri's. It can take anywhere from a few months to a couple of years to get better, but it is possible. The use of these drugs should be highly regulated, and extremely limited but they are not!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.