A year after diagnosed with mono...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, its been a long time since I have been on. For the most part i am doing pretty well, but i feel like my lymph nodes swell up often in my neck and i get frequent sore throats. Its been a little over a year since diagnosed and im wondering if anyone else experiences this, and if i should worry.... im not one to go to the doctors regularly so just curious who else has had this experience.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Morgan,

I remember being in a pretty similar position that you describe after just over a year or so too. I was starting to feel better, but still fragile and had to be careful not to overdo things or push things too hard, and still had some gland pain, particularly one gland in my neck which bothered me throughout the virus. This did linger a bit even as I started to feel better, but it did settle with time - it can be very normal this Morgan I do want to reassure you and in the vast majority of cases it is just your body recovering, but of course it's always wise to check in with the doctor if concerned and hoping they can put your mind at rest.

My experience Morgan was that year two was SO much easier to cope with than the horrors of that first year. It takes time but you will get there! Truly I hope and believe that you won't have to go through anything as intense as that first year, and don't panic if symptoms like irritated or painful glands and sore throats try to persist a little, that can be normal but it all does settle and fade away with time for the vast majority of people. It can be very normal at this stage and I definitely recognise my own situation and experience in what you describe, and things did get better and stronger as that second year progressed.

Message any time and keep us posted as to how you are doing over the next few weeks / months Morgan - thinking about you and remember you will get back to full health again! Going through a year of this thing was one of the hardest experiences of my life, just so grateful that God had mercy and helped me back on my feet again after it - God is the great healer Morgan, hang in there you will get back to full health again with a little more time! I truly believe that given my own recovery experience and reading the recovery stories and experiences of many others who struggled for a year or longer with this thing. Often for people it's not until that second year that they see a real breakthrough with recovery, that can be normal and it will come!

Craig

• Posted

two years to get fully better ? did you see improvements after 1 year?

i had ebv 11 years ago no mono or CFS just a terrible mental weirdnesss id say it took two years then to feel like a human but started trying to socialize travel etc after 16 months.

• Posted

The course of the disease is very variable. REST, fluids, supplements like VIT d, Coenzyme Q10,.

• Posted

Hey Lori,

Was just wondering how you got on with your therapy this week, hoping that you managed okay and are feeling okay today. Still thinking about you. I think for many people (for me certainly) the second year was so much easier to cope with than the the first year, although it took time I gradually got back to myself again during that year and was able to live a much more normal life again. Hoping and praying that can be the case for you and everyone on here too.

Hoping for a good weekend ahead - still believing that better times are ahead for you Lori, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

thanks craig ! just done my 9th appt its very tiring the journey the procedure etc . not seeing anything major yet although i have been very emotional and shivery . could be part of a detox which is what im hoping and praying for . the amount of sessions is all individual and dr did mention doing stem cell .. another albeit expensive option for ebv .

so for now just mostly rest inbetween appts as they are pretty taxing ... however i am getting pretty bored and fed up with this whole thing.

weekends are especially hard as i aint going anywhere .... for now .

• Posted

Hey Lori,

You've done amazingly well to manage to these 9 appointments, I'm proud that you have made it despite going through some terrible times and feeling like doing anything other than long and tiring journeys I bet. I just hope and pray there can be some results that can be seen soon, I know it can take time this these things, you're showing heart and courage Lori, you really are and I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Have had a bit of a wake up call this weekend also as yesterday gave in to some foolish sins, sometimes I just feel I'm in the sin-repent -sin-repent cycle with certain stuff and hoping and praying I can show better resistance to temptation in the future. Just grateful for God's mercy.

I'm still rooting for you Lori, I don't think most people realise how deeply and intensely this virus can affect you physically, mentally and emotionally. I know for me is was a horrible and also life-changing experience to go through it, and that's why even 12 years on and recovered thanks to God's grace and mercy and goodness only, it's still important for me to come on and be part of the time and let you and others know Lori there is hope and there is recovery and there is life after the deepest and darkest anguish of this terrible virus - hang in there you are going to get better I still have great faith in that thanks to the Lord. Thinking of you and hoping you are resting up today.

Craig

• Posted

I really appreciate you.you are so dedicated and helpful to others .God bless you.yesterday I were in hospital and talk with different doctors about my symptoms.which are persist for long time I didn't able to figure out.I took another hiv test it came back negative.the test was carried on different device cmia .

• Posted

Thanks for the kind word Ravi, I really do appreciate that. May God bless you too. It's so frustrating going through this when you keep seeing different doctors and feel like can't get answers, I do empathise Ravi. Often it's just a time thing and things do recover but it can take a little time unfortunately. You're doing the right thing keeping getting blood tests and looking to rule out things, that's wise and hoping it can put your mind at rest a bit at least.

Still thinking about you and believing that you are going to get through this and get well again - hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

thanks craig ... yes im suffering really bad with relapse days all the time now due to long journey and appts . i must keep at it and just rest the other 5 days.

the vomiting and nausea still there .. cant believe after 1 whole year new symptoms popping up ...and feeling awful.

• Posted

That sounds awful to behaving nausea and vomiting so much Lori, your body really must be totally drained by all this. I am still putting hope and trust in the Lord with your health right now Lori, that He is going to get you through this. It is Easter week after all, if we ever needed reminding that there is hope of salvation, forgiveness and healing it's this week. Hang in there Lori, remember it's an amazing achievement getting to each appointment right now - it truly is. You are showing heart and courage - God sees it and is fighting for you still. He has not given up on you Lori, fear not, there is hope today.

Craig

• Posted

yes im in hell right now .. having relapse days almost every other day but think its herxing or detox. God help me .

• Posted

Oh Lori just hoping and praying that things stablise and settle down for you. Lori I pray in Jesus' name for God to give you healing, breakthrough and victory. There will be an end to this suffering this awful time, I still believe that. Just wish things were easier to understand, why this is happening. Hold tightly to your hope and faith in God Lori, the answer is in Jesus. He is strong enough to break down these barriers and overcome this terrible virus and illness. I still believe you are going to be well again Lori - the same God that rolled away the stone is alive today and loves you and cares for you Lori.

I'm thinking about you still and keeping you in my prayers. I believe God is going to bring that breakthrough and victory for you - and that He wants you to know that the enemy's day and time is running out, that he is going to be overcome and you will have peace and good health again. Hang in there Lori, sending you hugs and prayers and praying for God's strength and help for you today, in Jesus' name. Hold on Lori.

Craig

• Posted

yes i really need a break .. the nausea is awful with mild vomiting . managing my appts but its tough . i just feel really awful 😦

• Posted

Goodness Lori I hope and pray so much that you can have some respite from this awful nausea and vomiting and all the horrible symptoms. Just want to encourage you not to give up Lori, it's Good Friday when I write this and there is hope of because of what happened on this day. God will have the final say in this and you are going to get better, I strongly believe that still and still rooting for you and praying for you each day.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.