a year of so called migraine

Posted , 3 users are following.

well its a year today since i started with the weird tingling, then painful throbbing, and sometimes severe stabbing pain started in my head, was on left for about 5 months, is now on right too,its just above temple.. but not as much on the right. as i am typing the left side is like an on off bruised feeling, weird crawling then tingling. been to neurology 4 times, he still saying its a prolonged migraine, but 4 different meds he has tried and its still there.  

since the headachey thing started, i am also experiencing squeezing under each arm pit, so painful for a few seconds, at some points it makes me shout out it is that painful.  i am also getting left ear pain for over two years, on and off.  also tingling down body occasionally and stabbing in each eye.  i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 4 years ago, we the symptoms i describe above are different to the ones i am getting now. also about every 5 or six days  (this used to be about once every two months)i start to feel 'poorly' as the day goes on, i am burning up and feel shocking, and have to come home from work and to bed.  i have been to dr/out of hours at least 8 times in last few6 months when i have felt so bad, but they keep telling me its a virus. in addition to this i am b12 jabs every three months, and have no energy, i havent had bloods done for a good few months but the last ones showed low rbc. i have also had MRI brain which showed high signal foci in the white matter?  which i am told is nothing to worry about as its my age.  54.  currently in the process of doing a diary to go back to GP to ask for a second opinion. incidently, my GP has written to the rheumi consultant re things, including my knee that goes red, hot and swells, but he has written back to say he doesnt want to see me as hes already told me i have fibro, but all the above symptoms are different to the shooting/squeezing pains i was having when i was diagnosed with fibro.  i am at my wits end with what to do next, apart from hope the doctor will send me for second opinion.  take care everyone.

just to have i also have severe diverticula disease

low vitamin D despite been on supplements. last year i had just had two weeks in gambia last year, took my suplements as well and still it was low when i came back.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have they checked for Lupus? The bone and Joint doctor said, I have Fibromyalgia, yet my GP says Lupus. My joints,face neck and back hurt and swell as well as super sensitive to touch. I also have PBJ? (Its like lock jaw, but arthritis)in my jaws. They lock up or have super bad pain that goes from neck to ears to headache. Anyways when my lupus acts up it has signs of fibromyalgia, but worse.
    • Posted

thanks, yes lupus has been mentioned by an out of hours doctor before, my doctor said i had been tested for it a few years ago.  but when i mentioned this to out of hours, he said i dont think so as it came back as insufficient sample !!  and so the saga continues.  take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.