Skip to content
Ad

Neuropathic Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Why is the pain so much worse at night?!!

I have been a Type II Diabetic for over ten years.  Three years ago I started getting sharp pains in my toes...  And then the condition has steadily worsened.  Both nerves for both feet are affected so I have pain on the soles of my feet and, much worsely - burning, shooting pain on my...

Last reply
  • Cronic Nerve Pain

Im suffering cronic nerve pain on the right side , above my eye and in the vulva region, I'm had no luck with doctors, they find it hard to connect the two pains, even though I always have them at the same time. I am currently taking Gabapentin, this now has little to no effect. 

Last reply
  • Neuropathy in feet and legs

Hi guys, I started having nerve issues in my feet after lifting at the gym. It went away for some time, but came back for good. It started in my left foot with paresthesias. Mostly a muscle twitch kind of feeling. In the mornings I'd have a little pins and needles in both feet. As time went...

Last reply
  • Foot pain

i was diagnosed over six months ago and given Duloxetine 30mg to help at night time. My feet tingle and burn all the time but much worse at night. Now my feet seem to be peeling and although I have tried many creams to keep them moist nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Numbness

Hi I have just joined this group I have not been diagnosed with neuropathy yet but currently have numbness from head to toe . I'm just wondering if anyone else has had whole body numbness ??? .

Last reply
  • nerve damage to foot???

2 years ago I dropped a DIY bookcase on my right foot thankfully no damage just limp around and had physio and continued to work. 6 months later rolled the same foot and leg inwards. have had physio for 10 months and have got worse. Can not walk unaided can not dorsiflex my foot . I relied on a elbow...

Last reply
  • Foot neuropathy

I have had mild foot neuropathy for 10 months due to side effect of the antibiotic, Macrobid.  I was taking a small dose every day for 6 months to stave off urinary tract infections. I was just retested for a penicillin allergy.  I had the skin test followed by an oral challenge of liquid...

Posted
  • Severe tingling, burning + pain in both legs

​​ H​i everyone, I've been having severe tingling and pain in both my legs (toes, feet, calves and knees) for about seven months now. On running a few tests, I found six months ago that I was deficient in vitamins B12 and D, which was set right. The neurologist said my symptoms were due to the...

Last reply
  • sever pudendal neuropathy with anal pain help

since January 2017 i got that  spasm like pain in my anus which i used to have and goes away with couple of voltrean injection ,, suddendly that pain didnt go away as usual i went to mant proctology GIT drs nothing seems wrong to dermatology they made my skin get worse between my bottocks by bad...

Last reply
  • foot pain, numbing, tingling

and then close to buy your half I had problems with my left side of my foot and have seen numerous doctors and went to my foot doctor he says it's not to do with my feet it's got to be a nerve problem because now it is going over onto my right side of my legs and foot the other day I had a nerve...

Posted
  • Any UK based Peripheral Neuropathy sufferers out there?

I'm slowly getting worse and worse. My pain is worse than it has ever been. My weakness is worse than ever. I've exhausted all treatments and don't know what to do next. Other than waiting to see the Neurologist in the hope of getting some miracle drug he knows about that know one else does,...

Last reply
  • Severe pain from ankle ulcers

I have 2 ulcers on inside of left ankle. I have had 4 layer compression bandages on for weeks now. It's not getting any better. It's the pain i can't cope with. Stabbing nerve pains keep me awake at night. When i get up in the morning the morning i can't put pressure on my foot to...

Last reply
  • ulnar nerve

last august i slipped on water hit my elbow and had a hole near funny bone had a mri and nerve conduction test came back clear. i've been doing ulnar nerve glides my shoulders get stiff can't move my neck right or left hardly as the shoulder pain stabbing burning pain can't open my two fingers...

Last reply
  • Puzzling Ulnar Nerve Test Results

Hi, Since late 2013 I have had problems with what I thought was associated with ulnar nerve entrapment. I would get tingling in my right pinky and ring fingers that would wake me up at night. In addition, I would get pain from these fingers up to my elbow throughout the day. Pain occurs when I bend...

Last reply
  • Urinary incontinence from Gabapentin

I joined this forum on behalf of my wife as she is not able to understand after stroke. I would like to knowif any female patient has experienced incontinence from using this medication. She has been on 1500 mg a day for approx one month and suddenly is having OCCASIONALY incontinence. If so I would...

Last reply
  • Any NEUROPATHIC PAIN Sufferers in SINGAPORE

Hi , I have been getting nerve like pain shooting down my arms and legs along with tingling sensations in my teeth . My tongue And throats are also affected .Just went for an MRI yesterday ( waiting for results) . The CT SCAN of my brain came back clear .  Would to connect with people having similar...

Last reply
  • Peroneal nerve decompression at the fibula head (No foot drop)

I just can't believe it! Iam 2 weeks post op from peroneal nerve decompression at the fibula head. And my nerve pain has come back! I go for my follow up at the end of this week. My nerve pain runs right beside my shin into my foot and down into my 3rd & 4th toe!  Currently on neurotin 1200mgs,...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like peripheral neuropathy?

So, I have tingling in my feet. I have had this tingling in my feet for about a year. The tingling is not that noticeable, in fact most of the time I never noticed it and have to think to try and see if it is there. However, it is there and it has been there constantly for about a year. This is obviously...

Last reply
  • Red eye (dry eye) after shingles

I was diagnosed 10 weeks ago with shingles and unfortunately it was on my head, forehead and around my eye, which was very painful and uncomfortable, My vision is ok  but I keep getting a very sore and pink eye, and have been told at the eye clinic that it is dry eye and I now have the same type...

Last reply
  • Very fatigued legs along with pain.

I have had problems with my lower back and legs since the birth of my first child (2.5 years). In the last 6 months things have gotten so much worse. I have pins and needles and aching legs all day long, they go from feeling very tired to very painful. My feet feel like they are in ice water most...

Last reply
  • Buring feet/over sensitive to heat and feel like giving up

Gradually building for the past 10 yrs is the feeling of hot feet when they are exposed to any heat even just wearing shoes an socks. When its really bad I get thst neefle feeling. If i dont wear shoes or socks im at my best. Can't wear shoes or sock for more than a few minutes. Best i can describe...

Last reply
  • Combined Electrochemical Therapy

Hi all, I have recently come across promotions on the Web for a treatment for peripheral neuropathy called Combined Electrochemical Therapy. Has anyone had experience with this? The suspicion as always, is that it may be a quack cure for which you pay a ton of money. Love to hear your thoughts/experiences.

Last reply
  • Idiopathic Neuropathy

Hi everyone new to this forum. I am a 62 yr old male who is not diabetic. I have been battling neuropath y for the past 10 years in both feet but more intense in my left. I have been to 3 neurologist the Vanderbilt Neuropathy Clinic with no relief. Was told by all that there was nothing they could short...

Last reply
  • MILK THISTLE, a NATURAL possible cure for diabetic nerve pain

My background, I am a type 1 diabetic, diagnosed March 29, 1979. My major complication has been progressing diabetic nerve pain in my feet, along with the typical loss of feeling, which slowly progressed over decades.  The condition had been major for decades and always getting worse.  My doctors...

Last reply
  • On pain medications forever?

Hi. My first post. I am Type 2 diabetic, 70 years old.I have had peripheral neuropathy for about six months, caused by my glucose levels getting way out of control for a few weeks. My neurologist prescribed three medicines: Pregabalin (Lyrica) 50mg twice a day; Nortriptylene 25mg once day; and tizanidine...

Last reply
  • Rib and chest pain 12 years after heart bypass

I had heart bypass surgery 12 years ago. Had neve damage which the surgeon assired me would ho away over time. Well, it's worse than it's ever been and getting worse. Don't believe the surgeon whe they tell you that. Their way of avoiding lawsuits after making a mistake. The surgeon is...

Last reply
  • Both feet are numb. A Chiropractor is offering a treatment

I have neuropathy. The bottom of both feet and the top front of both feet are numb. I do not have pain or tingling. I take no drugs for this condition. The numbness is affecting my balance and causes some discomfort. As you can guess, there is no medical solution. A local chiropractor claims to offer...

Last reply
  • Pain when sitting.....15yrs and counting!

I have got pain when sitting. Burning pain between buttocks and rear hamstrings. Had the pain for more than 15yrs. Makes me very down and also very very anxious as I dread sitting! Seen doc tons of times over the years. Had creams etc. Nothing works. He said it is stress related!! Ok, it can get worse...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like neuropathy?

Hi everyone I am brand new to this site and after reading a few stories decided I would ask for help. About 6 yrs ago I started getting constant pain in the front of both thighs. It felt like really bad sunburn. After about a year it got better and I only felt it once in a while for a short amount of...

Last reply
  • Neuropathy after Schwannoma removal surgery

Hi, I had 2 benign schwannomas removed from my left thigh about 2 weeks ago. I am experiencing numbness around the incision which the doctor said was likely, but I am also experiencing server neuropathy in my knee. The air touching it makes it feel like it's on fire and there is terrible pain. I've...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.