Skip to content

Neuropathic Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swollen glands

Hi everyone I hope it’s opening day. I have a question? I just recently started taking gabapentin about a week. And I’ve noticed that the lymph nodes in my neck and groin area have become a little tender. As anyone else experienced the same side effects while taking gabapentin?   Thank you 

Last reply
  • 6 weeks painful sensations

Over the last 6 weeks ...im constantly get a painful prickly feeling in both hands electric type of zaps worse when I'm driving in the morning this all came out the blue..i put it behind me thinking it will pass,last week whilst at home I thought right this is getting annoying let's see what...

Last reply
  • Severe leg pain for 5 weeks-help

Really hoping someone out there can help me. I had a baby 22 weeks ago and ever since I’ve had bad sciatic pain down my left leg. 5 weeks ago I was admitted into hospital as the pain was so severe and I was unable to walk. MRI discovered slipped (herniated disc) L5/S1. So I was put on waiting list for...

Last reply
  • Ulnar Nerve Entrapment from shingles complications

A bit dishearting and depressing that there seems to be NO viable treatment for this condition. I am SO depressed that I have to face the fact I may have to live with this missable condition for the rest of my life! Is there anything out there, other then hope, for this condition!!??

Last reply
  • Neuropathy pain for 5years+

Hi just need someone else's experiences to try and help me deal with my on going issues:right well I suffered with sciatic pain and weakness for over 20yrs,I coughed 5yrs ago and prolasped 2 discs l4l5 s1 3 yrs later had bi lateral decompression and disectomy,which gave me a week of some form of...

Posted
  • a year of so called migraine

well its a year today since i started with the weird tingling, then painful throbbing, and sometimes severe stabbing pain started in my head, was on left for about 5 months, is now on right too,its just above temple.. but not as much on the right. as i am typing the left side is like an on off bruised...

Last reply
  • 14 months of none stop symmetrical tingling

Hi all I posted when this first started in Dec 16 I basically woke up with tingling in both feet within hours it spread to my knees then into both hands ,it has stayed none stop tingling I have had loads of tests brain and cervical spine mri normal bloods normal nerve studies I've had 2 both normal...

Last reply
  • MILK THISTLE, a NATURAL possible cure for diabetic nerve pain

My background, I am a type 1 diabetic, diagnosed March 29, 1979. My major complication has been progressing diabetic nerve pain in my feet, along with the typical loss of feeling, which slowly progressed over decades.  The condition had been major for decades and always getting worse.  My doctors...

Last reply
  • prickly pain in hands...need help!!!!

Hello I need some Help!!.ive had a full count blood test and everthing came back normal apart from very low vitamin D which was 13..doctor has prescribed tablets which I have to take 2 times a week also I have cod liver tablets which I'm taking daily...but I'm still wondering if this could be...

Last reply
  • Any UK based Peripheral Neuropathy sufferers out there?

I'm slowly getting worse and worse. My pain is worse than it has ever been. My weakness is worse than ever. I've exhausted all treatments and don't know what to do next. Other than waiting to see the Neurologist in the hope of getting some miracle drug he knows about that know one else does,...

Last reply
  • Anti-Inflammatory and PN

Hi, I've had worsening PN in my feet for 4 - 5 years. I sprained my foot and my doctor prescribed an anti-inflammatory for 10 days. 3 days in the PN started to improve, and by the end of the 10 days it was 50+% better, meaning the worsening had stopped, and areas that were previously numb were no...

Last reply
  • Frustration with Idiopathic Neuropathy

I am 18, I have had tremors since I was young, This progressed to numbness and tingling in my feet and hands, Eventually I had Spasms all over my body mostly my calves, Sometimes the muscles inbetween my ribs even this was so painful it would be hard to breathe or move. Last year I had a NCS that showed...

Last reply
  • Neuropathic foot numb and stemcell treatment

I have foot numbness in both feet for about 5 years. It has been slowly getting  worse. Only good news is there is no pain but is affecting my walking. I was told about using stemcell injection to help. It is quite expensive. Has anyone tried this?

Posted
  • full body neuropathic Pain

What to do?  Gabapention is not working and the pain is no longer just in my arms and legs. on my back and belly it almost feels like sunburn.  Any ideas? 

Last reply
  • Effectiveness of IVIG treatments for peripheral neuropathy

Has anyone had any direct experience with IVIG infusions for peripheral neuropathy? I have been receiving these 6 hour infusions every two months for the past 30 months.  I think they are helping, but I realize I may not be in the best position to judge if they are really working. My neuropath...

Last reply
  • Urinary incontinence from Gabapentin

I joined this forum on behalf of my wife as she is not able to understand after stroke. I would like to knowif any female patient has experienced incontinence from using this medication. She has been on 1500 mg a day for approx one month and suddenly is having OCCASIONALY incontinence. If so I would...

Last reply
  • Pains in my head with a moving sensation!!

Hi, I am 19 years old and for the past few months I have been experiencing sharp searing pains all over my head, face and at my temples. Sometimes it feels as if something is moving IN my head. I also feel a tugging sensation behind my eyes. Usually I would be able to cope with pains and get on with...

Last reply
  • Neuropathy in feet

Does anyone know if alpha lipid acid, acetyl l cartinine and phosphatidyl serine supplements work for neuropathy,  I have had this since November 2016, it went away in June last year, came back last month in December.  Just my right foot , don't feel it much in my left foot,  two neurologists...

Last reply
  • Pain in my legs?

I wrote awhile ago that I have neuropathic pain in my legs and feet. I have been to the doctors and been tested for everything. All my tests have come back normal including my EMG. The pain and tingling went away for awhile, but now it has come back. I have very bad pain in my calves the past couple...

Last reply
  • Nerve pain

Just a little bit about my self. I'm a 34yrs. old female. I can't say I'm in bad health. I only take estrodial 2mg once a day, due to having a hysterectomy in 2014. In 2015 on December 17th, I had to have a arthroscopic right hip surgery to try to preserve my hip joint due to hip dysplasia....

Last reply
  • Chemo induced neuropathy

I have been in remission from Multiple Myeloma for 18 months. I know that chemo can cause neuropathy. I have been reading many of the posts and am interested in some of the treatments many of you have tried. I'm in the USA and like most, seems all the docs want to do is give a pill. My legs are now...

Last reply
  • Why is the pain so much worse at night?!!

I have been a Type II Diabetic for over ten years.  Three years ago I started getting sharp pains in my toes...  And then the condition has steadily worsened.  Both nerves for both feet are affected so I have pain on the soles of my feet and, much worsely - burning, shooting pain on my...

Last reply
  • Nerve pain in shoulder and arms after pinched nerve

I’ve had a couple of instances of pinched nerves in my neck that after resolved, I experienced pain in my shoulder, and nerve pain down my arms. A couple of fingers have less feeling in them, and mobility in my shoulders has been reduced.  I’ve also got some numbness in my foot (heel).  Can...

Last reply
  • Diabetic neuropathy

I'm 22 and I've been a diabetic for 5 or 6 years now, a good portion of it I didn't take care of my self I've just now gotten to where I'm taking appropriate amount of insulin and Lantus, however sometimes my sugar is still a little high, I have neuropathy in my feet and some pain...

Last reply
  • Burning and Numbness in Leg

Hello!  I am a gymnast and about a week ago I hit my hips on the bar really hard during a skill.  When this happen, searing pain shot down from a point in my right hip all the way through my quad, and my quad felt like it was on fire for about a minute and was extremely numb.  Then the...

Last reply
  • Unexplained Pain and Sensation

Hi My problems began about 15 years ago with a strange sensation on the right hand side of my abdomen near the lowest rib. Over the years this has gradually got worse and now I have a pain that appears two or three times a day, the pain is like a pin pricking and sometimes lasts for hours, and at other...

Last reply
  • mystery disease

Symptoms: for last couple of years, I've had neuropathy in soles of my feet, palms of my hands and top my head. I've also developed lichen planus in my mouth. In addition, I've not been sleeping well and am fatigued. Recently, I've head breakouts on my faceThere's also a constant...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.