TENS Unit for Toes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinion on using a TENS unit for Neuropathy of the toes? I have pretty much constant tingling and numbness in the middle toes of each foot, and have been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy (via nerve function test). Have had it for over a year, not one to take medications, but so far that's all that's been recommended to me (gabapentin). Have tried accupuncture with no success. Have also tried Nervive supplement for several months with little if any relief.

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. I have not used a TENS machine however I wanted to mention that I used a gel containing 0.075% w/w Capsaicin. It is the substance that makes chilly peppers taste hot.

When applied to the skin it causes an initial uniform burning effect that can mask sensations of pain and tingling. I have used Myolaxin-D, which is available in India. In the UK, Axsain is recommended for people with localized neuropathic pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.