Electric shock type pain in foot

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi,

bit of a long story but I'm searching for answers.

i was diagnosed with breast cancer last September, had surgery in October, I'm on chemo now. a couple of weeks post surgery i had this sudden severe pain in the bottom of my right foot, it went as soon as it came and i didn't think about it again.

fast forward to end of November when i started chemo, a week after i got the pain but it was happening every 2 mins and very severe. the pain feels like an electric shock to start with then intensifies like a contraction. i spoke to my oncologist about this but as it had happened prior to chemo, he dismissed it and said it wouldn't be connected to treatment, nor was he concerned it could be connected to the cancer.

as the days went on it was getting worse. i spoke to gp, they sent me for an xray which was clear, i started on gabapentin for the pain. I've been on this around 6 weeks now and it has definitely been helping, until this week when the pain is back with a vengeance. I've had it every 5 mins for the last 24 hours.

I've also been to a podiatrists, he have me insoles. I've been to an orthopaedic surgeon, he referred me for an mri, it was clear.

I'm just at a loss of what the actual issue is, or how to treat it effectively. ive seen that many doctors and I'm no closer to a solution.

i went to a neurologist a few days ago, he is sending me for some nerve tests.

has anyone experienced anything similar to this? so the pain occurs in right foot only, on the bottom where the ball of the big toe joint is, always the same place. I've no pain in my legs or back etc. nothing activity wise makes any difference, it can occur at any time, it's very random.

I'm a runner too but due to my cancer diagnosis I've not been going as much. i never had any issues with my foot when running previously.

if you're still reading, thankyou . I'm pretty desperate at this point so if anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.