My son is on this medication for three months not sure it’s helping?

Posted , 2 users are following.

my son started with shingles in his neck then went to his head wasn't caught quick enough and suffered severve nerve pain ever since.

he takes amitriptyline 1.5 tablets before bed he helps him sleep but doesn't appear to help with the pain, any suggestions would be greatly received?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Clare

I am sorry to hear of your son's suffering shingles.

I suffer and understand

Neuropathic pain and had treatments in the past including Amitriptyline. This drug is good for sleep although I suffered nightmares whilst taking it. I don't know what to suggest other than to see his Gp again and explore other treatments. I don't take any prescribed drugs now and I am looking into supplements instead. Is there a specific forum for people suffering from Shingles whereby he could get support.

I hope you can find support and other treatments for him.

Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.