Waves of pins needles, weakness and nausea in both arms. Any advice please !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

29 Male 6ft 78kgs Non smoker , non drinker 6-12 hours a week of bicycle training Blood tests normal

Pain Started three months back with pins needles at night heavy arms fatigue Nerve / weak feeling in both forearms this comes and goes sporadically and to varying degrees . This occurs in both arms at exactly the same time from midway up the bicep to fingers but predominantly in my forearms. I still have grip and dexterity during these episodes but makes me feel overall nausea and body tired this comes in waves during the day . Particularly bad at night wake up with pins and needles in the middle of the night and feel sick . Fades a little when I get up but still have some pain which then fluctuates during the day with a feeling of weakness and heaviness . Anyone have some ideas of what this may be ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tom,

i had almost similar experience, however mines felt like a massive adrenaline rush through my arms...this only happened about twice in a few days, but developed nausea as well. I remember getting my bloods done and feeling so bad with nausea.

After that I developed an internal shaking feeling which lasted a week, then it turned to neuropathic pain. It lasted 3 months, then went away. But has came back and been with me for over a year.

I had various other neurological symptoms as well, like muscle twitching, tinnitus, etc. Went to see a neurologist but nothing of significance was found. I had low folate, and slightly elevated IgA. But they couldn't explain it.

• Posted

Hi tom ,I am also feeling tingling's in my legs and arms ,starts in the after noon since last week.

Waking up at midnight and not able to sleep back. I am suffering from panic disorder and have been using bromazepam since 3 months. Many say that these are anxiety symptoms ,I hope so cause I am worried that I have neurological problems.

• Posted

Hey. Just wondering if you are still having symptoms as I'm suffering similar at the moment. Tingling in arms and legs with weakness and I'm worried. On and off daily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.