Duloxetine vs nortriptyline - for nerve pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I want to know which one to take for my nerve pain.

I have tried gabapentin amitriptiline and pregabalin.

They all make me really tired.

Anyone know which one is less drowsy making out of duloxetine or nortriptiline. I have a busy job and keep feeling so tired and unfocused at work.

Or your experiences of the two would be really appreciated.

Thanks smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have tried all of them and the first three did nothing except made me gain weight.  The other two had no effect at all for me. Good luck and I am open to almost anything
  • Posted

I've tried gabapentin and amitriptyline, and both did nothing for my lower back pain, nor make me tired though. I've also tried Duloxetine which didn't make me tired either. It actually did help so I stuck with it for several months , however, it did occasionally make me dizzy, and gave me tremors often. Friends wondered if I was getting Parkinson's. Your effects may be different. I never tried nortriptyline.

• Posted

my estranged piled on the weight with amitriptyline it should be banned

• Posted

They all made me tired, moody and shake like crazy. They also gave me migraines worse then I normally get. Some say Tramadol works for them. It did nothing for me though. Best wishes on what works for you.
  • Edited

It took me a month to get over the drowsiness!
  • Posted

Hot weather helps my neuropathy; it is a natural remedy with no side effects.  I have never tried any medication because I don’t want side effects.
  • Posted

Duloxetone should make you less drowsy, I'm on nortriptyline and take it at bedtime for sleep disorder along with Trazedone. I'm also taking gabapentin 3 times a day but it does nothing at all for the pain. Pregabalin could be making you tired to. Good luck and let me know what happens

• Posted

nortripline10mg for years with ecitalopram 20mg then I swapped for duoloxitine 60mg and pregablin 300mg per day over fears of dementia.I've piled the weight on and have found that nortripline10mg ecitalopram is slightly better. its like a local anesthetic. I'm finding this extra weight a pain in the azz and shouldn't have bothered

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.