Recurrent Neuropathy in Lower Extremities

Posted , 2 users are following.

Every 6 weeks or so I'll experience a flair up of what seems to be a collection of related nerve issues in my lower extremities. The symptoms are:

• Burning, tingling, and muscle spasms in the legs often extending all the way down to the feet. I experience this in my quads most noticeably, but also in my glutes, calves, and hamstrings to a lesser extent.
  • More strained bowel movements and less healthy stools. When a flair up first begins, my lower stomach starts rumbling audibly and I notice more discomfort during digestion
  • Urinary frequency. I have to urinate more frequently, often within an hour of when I last went. I'm not sure if there's some retention involved or not as I haven't been tested for it yet, but I don't seem to have any problems actually urinating.

These symptoms come and go but happen very consistently on this time frame. In between flair ups I notice almost no symptoms. I've done an MRI of my lower spine and there were no issues with the discs. My GCP tends to write these symptoms off and it's difficult to test because I don't know where to begin and because the symptoms come and go. Does anyone have an idea of what could cause these issues and where I could start with the goal of receiving an official diagnosis?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.