Anyone else got neuropathy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone got neuropathy I'm in agony with it I would like to hear from anyone who can sympathise with me every day pain

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jill

I suffer Neuropathic pain in both legs and feet. I can certainly understand and sympathise. I don't know where you are based, I am in the Uk. This heat wave as increased my pain and aggravated it to unbearable levels. Clothing touching my legs is excruciating. I don't take any prescribed drugs as I found that they were not helpful, mainly Pregabilyn. I take vitamin B and recently Magnesium. I don't know yet if they will make a difference. If anyone has tried other treatments I would be interested to know. Nobody understands unless they are suffers themselves. I hope you can find some relief to be able to cope although there is no cure.

Elizabeth

• Posted

i get this feeling with my clothes too they don't feel soft on your skin the thing I remember when I was 12tears old I could not wear a pure lambs wool sweater or it would make my skin it terrible and I totally sympathise no body understands mines spread throughout my body and seems worse when lying down but nobody seems to care the docs say take these tablets in my experience they just make it worse and your back to square one, you cannot wait a week or two as each day can be worse then the next

• Edited

Hi Jill and Elizabeth , My husband has neuropathy in his feet. He started Cymbalta 60 mg per day 2.5 weeks ago for the pain. So far no real results. Doctor said it could take 8-10 weeks to see any improvement. He is having some pretty bad nausea, extreme fatigue, and is a zombie when awake. Have either of you tried this drug? Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated. Would also like to hear about any supplements you might have had success using. Thanks, Nancy

• Posted

Hi Nanwoo1845

Sorry to hear of your husband suffering Neuropathic pain, it is not nice. I cannot bear clothes touching my legs, when i am in home i sit with my dressing gown on. I am trying Magnesium and Vitamin B complex. The Magnesium helps with sleep. I also have a Pranamat which is hard shell like and helps with circulation. This also helps with sleep. It is difficult to start with, but once settled with it i find it is relaxing and again helps with sleep, i use it for around 20mins before bed. It's not for everyone and is expensive to purchase around £100, there are similar copies around also. There is no cure for Neuropathic pain but anything that helps with sleep is a bonus. I don't think there is anything specifically for this type of pain. I have tried prescription drugs like Pregabilyn and find they make it worse. I also find the pain is worse when relaxing so try to keep occupied and distracted.

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for the information. His current doctor said Cymbalta was a miracle drug and works wonders to erase all neuropathy pain. So far, the side effects are bad. I guess it does work in a way. it turns you into such a zombie that you don't feel anything good or bad. He tried Lyrica and it did nothing for him. I don't think the doctors know either. They just keep prescribing meds and hope something works. They have no idea what is going on. So frustrating ! Did you have any withdrawal symptoms when getting off of Pregabilyn?

• Posted

I was just irritable for a while and unable to sleep coming off Pregabilyn

• Posted

Yes had peripheral neuropathy in my feet since 2007 after having a herniated disc, went weeks without being able to lift feet from toes, just flat nothing at all, gradually this eased but the continual feeling of having many pairs of socks on, feet feeling swollen tingling and painful, can't walk barefoot , even touching the edge of a towel on the floor is painful, people who haven't experienced this have no clue how debilitating and life altering it is, even driving is a chore, wish there was someway to get relief.

• Posted

if I have pain killing meds it makes mine worse does my head in just don't want to go any where plus I have to drag my cathta with me so each time it changed of something goes wrong with it needs to be changed numbing gel is used.

i know this might sound not right but death would be preferable to all the pain we're going through and yes I agree the doctors don't care or really know what there doing when it comes to this problem and it's like the mind is forgetting this is why I'm writing this know just a not on my cathata it started leaking more then usual the Dr suggested a larger cathata but these are very painfully to remove you scream out in immense pain and the nurse just complains they have no idea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.