Pains throughout left side of body

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just looking for some direction and to see if anyone has experienced something similar.

Starting mid-September 2022, I started to experience a dull feeling in the left side of my buttocks. This feeling wasn't necessary a pain, but just more of a "feeling" than anything. A week went on and the feeling became more and more noticeable. I visited my local emergency room where they performed a CAT scan of the area, a urine test, blood tests, and a phyiscal exam. The CAT scan didn't show anything, the urine test was fine, the physicals exam didn't show anything but the blood tests did show a higher platelet count (376K/ul) where the normal range is 150-350K/ul and a low MPV reading (8.0 fL) where the normal range is 9.4-12.4fL. With everything showing up negative, I returned home. As the months went on, this feeling started to go up the left side of my back. This feeling went from my lower back, to mid-back, up to my shoulders and neck. This feeling soon moved to my left arm and caused my left arm to feel sore and tingly. I also noticed that my legs felt extremely tired and sore some mornings, even if I had an easy day prior. I did have an x-ray performed of my upper and lower back, which again came back fine. The next step an MRI scan of my brain, neck, and upper back which is set up for later this month. Everything is coming up negative so far so I just wanted to share this story with someone else. While this is all going on, I do not feel like myself and it feels like I am sick trying to fight something. It also feels like my heart is working harder and that my heart rate jumps up with minimal activity or effort. I am a 27 year old male and good health with no injuries prior to this suddenly appearing.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.