Aaa surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

does any one know the time scale between the fitness test  and surgery on aortic aneurysm .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mine was 5.5cm and from pre-op assessment to actual Op was in the region of 7-10 days.

I think there is something like a 2 week window or thereabouts otherwise it means another pre-op as if there's an undue delay things can/might change.

• Posted

My partner is currently waiting for surgery and Consultant reckons he will be called in the next 8 weeks , this will make it 10 weeks from the fitness test. Jon is having open surgery as it gives the most permanent results. Easter probably delayed him being seen a bit but his AAA is only 5.6 cm on CT scan so he only just qualifies for surgery. It is small compared to some others on the list we were told he has 8 surgeries lined up.
    • Posted

Thanks, mine is 6.2 cm but still have time indication as to when surgery will happen. My fit test and pre op assessment is the first week in May then I have to have another ct scan the following week.
    • Posted

How did you get on? Have you a surgery date now?
    • Posted

Still had no date yet, had fit test and pre op assessment, then the following week had a ct scan on the Tuesday was told they will assess my case on the Friday but have heard nothing yet, have rung hospital twice in the last month but have been told nothing. Need to get sorted soon as my ssp runs out in July and have been told esa is a nightmare to claim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.