Ab area pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having an abdominal pain for months now. It started around maybe August/September last year.ive gone to about 3 different doctors and they had blood work, ultra sound, and other standard checks. Everything is fine though. They've all put me on a fiber diet saying that it might be from constipation or not enough fiber. That's not working at all. These pains come and go BUT they can be triggered by laying on a certain position.

I've also had some sharp pains, maybe a good 2-4 inches before the anus opens.

This is a picture of where he pain is located https://ibb.co/c8MyJ5

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  It can be sore to lie down on.  Do you have change of bowel habit, pain after eating, before or after stress?  Perhaps try a food diary.  If everything is negative, IBS can be diagnosed.
    • Posted

Some constipation. The pain isn't just in abs though. I can feel the pain at times on the side of my body. Not pains before/after eating. Also sorry for late reply.

• Posted

IBS can give you pain in your sides but it can also move all over your stomach.  IBS alters your bowel habits too.  You can be constipated mainly or only have diarrhoea/loose stools or have a mixture of both.  Pain can be constant or come and go.  You can get stabbing, dull, deep grinding and sore to touch pain.  I have had all these pain types.

See a different doctor to get a diagnosis.  If you have IBS, all your tests will be negative.  I went eight times to my surgery, saw different doctors and had tests which showed nothing.  One doctor diagnosed IBS.

Have you had any recent stress because this is a key symptom of Irritable Bowel.  The doctor who diagnosed me recognised my IBS when he asked about my anxiety and recent stress.

• Posted

Lately I have been pretty stressed out. Including anxiety now and then.

I have been to many doctors and none have been able to find out what the cause is. I have an appointment here soon with another doctor. Maybe I'll bring something up about ibs and see what they think.

• Posted

IBS can start 6 months after a stressful incident.  I had several months of stress before I got IBS.  Tell your doctor about your stress.  It might hold the key to a diagnosis.
  • Posted

Your gallbladder/duct/billary tract has been looked at? That can be bilateral in pain localisation due to our nerve formation (splanchnic innervation). 

Other than that the question of pulled muscles? Spine/disc problem?

• Posted

No spine/disc problems no. (Sorry for late reply)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.