Abadominal problems for the last Month

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,Wish I could say im feeling great.I have upper right Abdominal discomfort,diarrhea that goes to the bottom of toilet with clear water not explosive and once a day and very little,headache,weight loss (15lbs),lower back pain,gas and feels hot in my rectum when sitting and gets worse at night though in the morning I feel much better.Since this started I went to the ER Doctor He did blood work(was fine) and examined my abdominal area and told me I had strained a muscle...ok so sent me home with 400mg ibuprofen. following week seen my family doctor and she examined me and sent me to get an ultra sound..everything was good just that I have a fatty liver and drink more water,Wound up at another ER spent 3 days in the HP, blood work fine CT with contrast.I do have diverticulitis-diag 2 years ago and am type2 diabetic.Since this started my BS levels are low 60 to 80 without metformin?normally I take my metformin and am 110 t0 140 before this condition.So the DR prescribed 500mg metronidazol 500mg and evofloxacin 750mg been 6 days and all is the same.what should I do next?

Thanks for reading and ant advise

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Next you should do what was not done but should have been done. Get a cat scan of the abdomen either with or without contrast.
  • Posted

I have an appointment this friday hopefully they find out what's going on. Forgot to add: 55yrs,no fever or vomiting,Type 2 diabetic since 2002,Diverticulitis diagnosed 2 years ago no other medical problems feeling really good till this started.

• Posted

Ask about the possibility of a diverticulitis flare up since you are having diarrhoea and ask if it could be a sideceffect of your medications.
  • Posted

On seen my Dr today and advised me keep taking my antibiotics,going to get a colonoscopy,and going to see a GI Dr .Feeling

a little better today on exception of a gout flare up today,on a good note it's keeping me from thinking of my stomachs issues.sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.