ABC - and - ME

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

Just one more little thing!

Does anyone else find that when they are writing by hand they frequently miss out letters in words - or is it just ME!:?

Katiesad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about missing out letters in words, I miss out entire words!!!

Personally I try to avoid writing by hand anyway - not so easy to rewrite when its spelt wrong, etc,etc plus it makes my hands cramp!!!!

• Posted

What's writing? :silly:
  • Posted

Well, my idea of writing by hand these days is no more than a shopping list (which I usually forget to take anyway), or the very occasional appointment or outing in my diary. :shock:

I had been planning a novel - maybe when I'm better!! (That's me trying to be optimistic). sad

Just out of interest (or not), I have recently bought a book recommended by the ME Association called Verity Red's Diary (A Story of Surviving ME).

The title is an anagram of Very Tired! Has anyone else read it - 'cos I got really fed up with it after a couple of chapters - and didn't really find it funny at all - or maybe its just ME! Mind you the actual book is SO heavy, weight-wise, that my poor tired limbs couldn't be bothered to hold it to read! sad

• Posted

My dear Katie, if you do your own shopping you are managing better that I do. I pay nice Mr Sainsbury Delivery Man to bring mine to the door and unpack it for me.

On the occasions when they do not bring something I need and I have to go to the local co-op it is a real test of endurance. I can do Sainsbury's at a push is someone is with me but Tesco - forget it :shock: The last time I went to Tesco I fell to pieces at the check out and a member of staff had to ring my husband and he had to get a taxi to the store to drive me home :oops: How stupid did I feel you cannot imagine. I haven't been back since. sad

• Posted

No I haven't read the book and if it is that heavy I am not going to either :roll:
  • Posted

Hi there Alicia

I am DETERMINED to do my own shopping if it kills me!!

My daughter takes me every weekend to a local Waitrose which is always fairly quiet - and is there to push my mini-trolley if need be, and. helps with the packing and loading. It also has a nice cafe where we can stop mid-shop if flagging. I'm also really lucky to have a dear husband (retired) who adores supermarket shopping and often takes himself off midweek. We end up with some very interesting things!!!

I am very blessed in having lots of support from those close to me - if I didn't I would go under...

Katie sad

• Posted

Hmm, it doesn't matter who I have with me as soon as I am faced with the myriad of choices and colours and lights, and crowd and cacophony of people my brain goes into sensory overload and lets me down.

Can anyone also tell me how I can dredge up words like myriad, cacophony, and what was the one I said to daughter this morning? Precursor I think :shock: How do I get them out when I can't even finish a sentence half the time. :roll: This is really such a stupid and contradictory illness. :roll:

• Posted

Hmm - talking about dredging up words - I find I can now swear like a trooper - could never do that before! :shock: :shock: :oops:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.