Abcess lanced but not draining. Anyone else??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all. Been on this site more times than can vount the two times I got cysts before this most recent go. Finally making it "official" around here haha.

Went to get my cyst lanced at an urgent care as my PCP takes forever to schedule. Was seen, given less anesthetic than ever before and the nurse lanced the outside of my labia and no where near the gland itself. After the procedure when I saw what she'd done I mentioned it to the discharge nurse. The original nurse then came back and lanced another part on the inside closer to the gland opening after anesthetic wore off. *phew* Total doozy nightmare.

She said both times nothing was draining really, just blood. Seemed like she wasn't too familiar with procedure. I asked about draining with needle aspiration and she said no but elsewhere online I found you can.

TL;DR

I was lanced twice but nothing vacated the cyst. It has continued swelling. I'm on my period and it's closing my opening so much I can hardly put a tampon in! Will it rupture on its own? In so much pain even with Vicodin prescribed for the aftercare. Down to enough meds for one more day and worried! Doing sitz here and there but won't have access to tub soon.

Anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Buy some SALVE....its black sticky stuff..but it will drain it. sad

• Posted

Hadn't known this was an option! Do you think it'd be ok on fresh wounds? With being lanced in two places and all. Thanks so much for the lead!

• Posted

Absouletly...I had one...and I used the Salve..days later I had to go to hospital for an unrelated illness...and I mentioned that I had this cyst that I was "working" on...with "salve"...and they took me into another examing room to check it out.

They said I did a good job and they didn't have to do anything (even thou I thought it still hurt (from pushing it) and they did nothing else.  It healed in a few days..

I was putting salve and hot wash cloth...it was messy...it was painful..I was squeeszing the day after..puss was coming out everywhere..it ultimately was a relief...get the SAUVE

• Posted

Salve has been known to create infections, perhaps consoling with a doctor first.

• Posted

I had it, it was painful I couldn't sit nor walk. I sat in warm salt water 3 times a day and burst on it own. It was suggest a relief and painless when it had ruptured .

• Posted

Back in urgent care after I couldn't walk or sit all day and have to finish painting a giant house in the next two days. Let's hope they get it right this time.

• Posted

Hi loloko, How long have you had it? Usually the ER is the best place of your gynecologist. Since they have already spliced it twice when it comes to a head which it will, it will bust at the lanced site. But cut twice and not properly medicated... I honestly feel that the nurse was a dumb ass, the doctor is supposed to do a procedure like that ask anyone. I've been lanced 7 + times and EVERY TIME it was a doctor or the over seeing doctor of the ER. Tumeric and coconut help bring it to a head oh and continue doing the baths oh and get some gauze, pain relief neosporene and medical tape should help during the healing process. It will be tender to the touch after and the swelling will go down. Just keep the area dry and very clean it helps prevent infection as well as cotton underwear.

• Posted

I wouldn't wish these cysts on anyone but they seem so rare that most doctors have never drained them and hence don't know how to proceed.

The nurse I saw yesterday was absolutely inexperienced and the one who saw me tonight was a sorely condescending physician's assistant. But after all was said and done, the abcess was drained! So so relieved.

Thank you all so much and good luck in the future, each of you!

• Posted

I'm sorry for my reply being so late but I'm glad that you finally can have so decent sleep tonight and of course your relief. Consult your gynecologist she definitely should know and perhaps an emergency visit can be made in the future god forbid but a safety net is good to have. Get some rest.

• Posted

So happy for you...those things are so painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.